Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister is having some trouble finding the right guy for her. She knows quite a bit about type so she knows what she's looking for. I need the specific help of my fellow INTJs because I cannot fully explain to her how she should go about looking for a partner. (she's probably asking the INTPs for help right now) I have quite of bit of knowledge on the subject but not nearly enough to be able to fully explain it to her, so I need your help in resolving this issue.

Here's the situation...
Sister: ESTJ
She wants: ISFP

Strange as it is, she is incredibly pragmatic about this process. But listen I know for a FACT that she's ESTJ, so do not question it your wasting your time. She's never been with an ISFP before but she's pretty much gone through every other type of SP that there is, and hasn't had much luck.

What tactics should she bring to her search? Differing view on what's best for female ESTJs? Please... help me direct her into an efficient relationship.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The thread title has nothing to do with the topic, which is inane and only related to INTJs because you're one. I really don't see any reason you couldn't have posted it here.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
It's not your job to be your sister's pimp.... :tongue:

I also noted that the title of the thread is misleading and has nothing to do with your post.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thread title has nothing to do with the topic
Yes perhaps to the unobservant eye that may seem so. A Common Mastery is just an inadequate name referring to the similarity we INTJs here have about understanding temperament(just for fun). I really don't see any reason you couldn't have simply answered my questions, without making me look like an idiot.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not your job to be your sister's pimp.... :tongue:

I also noted that the title of the thread is misleading and has nothing to do with your post.
How exactly are you to know what is and isn't my job? And to be my sister's pimp? I said nothing of that nature, so why would you go and waste both your and my time giving me garbage? I'm simply trying to ensure the well-being of my sibling, with the help of others.

I doubt you would have an idea if my thread title has anything to do with my post. It is likely you were simply trying to glorify yourself by making me look stupid, and instead of giving me an actual answer you tried to correct a mistake you probably weren't even sure was wrong, and ignored what I was truly asking for. What a worthwhile reply.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
How exactly are you to know what is and isn't my job? And to be my sister's pimp? I said nothing of that nature, so why would you go and waste both your and my time giving me garbage? I'm simply trying to ensure the well-being of my sibling, with the help of others.

I doubt you would have an idea if my thread title has anything to do with my post. It is likely you were simply trying to glorify yourself by making me look stupid, and instead of giving me an actual answer you tried to correct a mistake you probably weren't even sure was wrong, and ignored what I was truly asking for. What a worthwhile reply.
I think you need to relax a little bit. It is only the internet after all. :happy:

All I meant was that your sister needs to find her own way there, although it is admirable that you want to help her...

I don't think this is the necessary place to post this particular thread.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm no good at typing others, but my experiences on this forum tell me that even within a single type (my "corpus" being the INTJs here) there is a great deal of variation. So, even though the shared traits of a particular type may be more appealing than those of other types, in the end you should look at individual people first, and type second.

Hunting for a particular type strikes me as being similar to hunting for a particular star sign: assisting, perhaps, but never crucial.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can...
-forget about basing relationships on MBTI types...
- or have her date 20 random dudes, chances are one of em is the one she "wants" (assuming ISFPs comprise of 5% of population)...

·
Registered
54 Posts
well if you live in LA I'd say take her to the amoeba, there's a bunch of rocker hippy types there that are more than likely isfp. Or maybe a pet store or something. I dunno why but I think animals and hippy music when I think isfp. They're supposed to be the "flower child" I guess.

This is much too stereotypical though, I'm sure isfp are everywhere. She just has to find one with physical attributes she likes, because personality is not everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I didn't ask him to pimp me out, ha.. and thank you Garet, for trying to help.

INTJ & ESTJ = best brother and sister combo ever, in my opinion.

ANYWAYS - we live in North-Central Idaho, so it's REALLY hard to find INFP's.. or, any artisans for that matter. I've been widening my horizon by looking online, within 400 miles of here. And I'm still having a hard time. I'd have better luck if I lived in a big city, but for now I'm stuck in ******* central, Idaho :)

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
My sister is having some trouble finding the right guy for her. She knows quite a bit about type so she knows what she's looking for. I need the specific help of my fellow INTJs because I cannot fully explain to her how she should go about looking for a partner. (she's probably asking the INTPs for help right now) I have quite of bit of knowledge on the subject but not nearly enough to be able to fully explain it to her, so I need your help in resolving this issue.

Here's the situation...
Sister: ESTJ
She wants: ISFP

Strange as it is, she is incredibly pragmatic about this process. But listen I know for a FACT that she's ESTJ, so do not question it your wasting your time. She's never been with an ISFP before but she's pretty much gone through every other type of SP that there is, and hasn't had much luck.

What tactics should she bring to her search? Differing view on what's best for female ESTJs? Please... help me direct her into an efficient relationship.
If I were you, I wouldn't get involved with these kinds of things. They always backfire.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so it's REALLY hard to find INFP's.. or, any artisans for that matter.
Wow Megan at least get your letters right. ISFP, and most people don't use Keirsey Temperament Theory anyway, because they're still stuck in the 50's, so I doubt they even know what an artisan is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts