Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFP -> INTP -> ENTP

That's the order I went through in my self-discovery.

I tested as INFP when I were depressed

I tested as INTP on the MBTI online test.

I tested as ENTP on some random cognitive test.

Interested in pshycology as I am, I couldn't resist to learn more about this and started to stumble upon some real abstract concepts. Which C.G Jungs work comes off as to the new fan boy.

It became clear I didn't use Fi or Ti as a dominant function, and later it became clear I confused testing answers for Fi and Fe since english ain't my first language. Bam, I have fairly high Fe. Ne - Ti - Fe - Si, making me an ENTP which made much more sense since I don't come off as INFPish.

Have any of you kinsmen mistyped yourself? What might be the most common mistype and why?

In my opinion it would have to be INFP - ISFP. Why? Because it's cooler to be more rare. And to use Ne. In MBTI terms it's just N though.

This is my first post by the way, glad to be here.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

Many people go through a variety of types until they find their true one. No process is right or wrong, the thing that matters the most (I think) is that you find your true type. It seems from what you've said that you have accomplished that, but if you feel the need to check it out the What's my personality type? forum is always open for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I am either ENTP or ESTP and I remember that when I was depressed I always got ISTJ or INTJ in mbti tests. which makes sense, since ISTJ is the "shadow" of ESTP and INTJ of ENTP and vice versa.
Other types I often got were INTP and ISTP, but I soon realized I definitely wasn't an INTP and I might have been an ISTP, but ESTP and ENTP definitely fit me better. Still trying to understand clearly which of the two I am though, lol.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I've had some minor difficulties in finding my type - only one mistype (ISFP), but I've wavered between ENFP and ESFP before.

When I first took the online MBTI test a few years ago, I scored ISFP. I was given a link to the ISFP portrait and it seemed quite accurate, so I stuck with that awhile - unfortunately, that description is quite brief (or was at the time), so I didn't have enough to go off of to realize the differences. I was also shy at the time, so I didn't think I could possibly be an extrovert.

I actually started studying the functions later, retook the test, and got ESFP. I'd worked through my whole social anxiety phase and was a moderate attention whore by then, so my type description fit me better. Unfortunately, after joining these forums, the whole sensor bias thing that goes on caused me to waver between ESFP and ENFP. I had multiple people tell me that I must be an N because I can actually think abstractly (bitch please) and come off as intelligent (bitch PLEASE), so I had a period where I thought I couldn't be an S. I wouldn't be surprised if the general online perception of S/N causes mistypings for multiple sensors that participate in the online MBTI community. Actually, I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

Then I realized that the picture of sensing vs. intuition is badly distorted, and looked deeper into Se, Ne, and Ni. Came to realize that Se and Ni are both in my function stack, and I think nothing like an Ne dom.

I think there are a lot of ESFPs that are mistyped as some ENFx, but ISFP and INFP seem common too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts