Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hello first of all. I've come to the conclusion that I am either a INFP/INFJ/ISFP or very unlikely INTJ. Most of the tests I've done give INFP as a result. I am aware of the cognitive functions each type presents, however I don't really know which ones and how am I using them. I believe it would be helpful to share something about myself, so here I go:
I dislike:
- I don't like the idea of a group, I usually view every person as an independent, because I believe everyone is different.
- I really really hate hypocrisy.
- I like when someone is different, but being different just for the sake of it bothers me quite much.
- I dislike when people are doing better in life and they think this makes them superior to others.
- I hate bigheads/self-loving types. They really bother me and I try to distance myself away from such people. If by some chance I get involved in a conversation with them I would just respond with a yes or no.
- Materialism

I like:
- Honest people. Those who'll say the truth without hiding it. Even if they are sometimes rude, I really appreciate their honesty.
- Bright people. I seem to be really affected by the mood of other people. Those people just make me wanna hug them :)
- And gloomy people as well. I want to hug them as well.
- Music and the lyrics. The sound creates the atmosphere and the lyrics give the message.
- Nature - forest, fields, seashores. Sunsets.

About cognitive functions on the test I got: Ni, Fi, Si, Ne, Fe, Ti, Te, Se; in that order

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sound like INFJ, but let's dig into this shall we?

Scoring high on both Ni and Fi is rather strange to me. Saw another member that identified with Ni/Fi and struggled with self-typing as well. Hmm...

- Bright people. I seem to be really affected by the mood of other people. Those people just make me wanna hug them :)
- And gloomy people as well. I want to hug them as well.
When you are affected by other people's moods, do you feel what they are feeling without them needing to express it to you? You seem to want to hug people that are bright/gloomy. What drives you to hug them? INFJs tend to exercise their auxiliary Fe to make decisions based on how other people are feeling. They tend to "absorb" people's emotions. This makes them very, very good at reading people. I would argue this is why you are turned off by hypocrisy and arrogant people. Can I say condescension turns you off too?

- I don't like the idea of a group, I usually view every person as an independent, because I believe everyone is different.
- I really really hate hypocrisy.
- I like when someone is different, but being different just for the sake of it bothers me quite much.
- I dislike when people are doing better in life and they think this makes them superior to others.
- I hate bigheads/self-loving types. They really bother me and I try to distance myself away from such people.
Is it possible you can read individuals in a group and notice which aspects of them are fake to fit in the group and which aspects are suppressed?
Any type of facade/attention seeking behavior is too easy to read, readily read as being fake. And you also expressed appreciation for people that are honest, even if rude.

Taking this further...

Very spontaneous, on the fly, consider every possible solution and thus find it difficult to commit to a decision, especially when pressured? That's more INFP.

ISFPs want to experience all the sensations of life that seem to be the most enjoyable to them. Then when they try it out, see how it feels to experience it. "This looks really fun, I want to try it out and see how it goes for me." When they find something they are passionate about, they may want to look for ways to perfect their passion. My ISFP mother has developed her tertiary Ni and pretty much is in the top 5 workers (??) at her company. She uses a strict routine of supplements, works incredibly fast and minimizes her breaks to maximize her performance and secure pay promotions come evaluation time. It works well too, nobody can keep up with her speed and quality. She's also a bit picky at getting routines/plans fulfilled considering her Te is working pretty well too, much to my occasional dismay hahaha.

Fi personal values are hard to mistake in my opinion. Especially with Ni simply looking to observe all the things in the external world and discover all the patterns and interconnections/underlying meanings with them all during passive, subconscious processing. It's like getting random "ah ha, I get it!" moments. Really good for determining how systems transform over time, very powerful future thinking. Fi takes everything in, and judges which is good for the self, what beliefs, morals, etc. matter to the self. Ni takes everything in without judgment and simply perceives it all, and digests it to see connections.

Hope this helps! Let me know what fits for you. :cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
My boyfriend got ISFP, ISTP, INFP and INTP results at different times. It turned out he was INTP after I figured out his dominant function is Introverted Thinking.
What you have written as your likes and dislikes all look very INFP to me. Forests, understanding music, disliking materialism, wanting to hug gloomy people. I know a few INFP's and some have separately spoke about how they find vulnerability extremely endearing. Not in a creepy way, it just makes them want to hold that person and tell them everything is gunna be A-OKAY.
Disliking people who believe they are superior is also very much an INFP thing... It looks like you use Introverted Feeling as your dominant function (to me) as you have mainly spoken about your personal feelings. I definitely do not think you are INTJ. INFJ is likely too, but I think the question for you with that one is; do you like to plan? INFJ's have to plan, INFP's have to "see what happens".

Reactions: Neige Noire

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
You sound an awful lot like me.
At a first glance, I'd suggest INFP via dichotomy, and INFJ via 'functions'.

Which of these fits you best:

You seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions and want to understand what motivates people. You are conscientious and committed to your firm values and have a clear vision of how to best serve the common good. You are organized and decisive when trying to carry out your vision.
I bolded a part for you to have a real think about - because I want you to understand this type is for the most part, not organized and decisive.

Idealistic and loyal to your values and the people who are important to you, you seek to live your life in alignment with your values. You are curious and quick to see possibilities, and you try to understand people and help them be their best. Unless a value is threatened, you tend to be adaptable, flexible, and accepting.
Emphasis again on the bolded part for self-reflection.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When you are affected by other people's moods, do you feel what they are feeling without them needing to express it to you? You seem to want to hug people that are bright/gloomy. What drives you to hug them? INFJs tend to exercise their auxiliary Fe to make decisions based on how other people are feeling. They tend to "absorb" people's emotions. This makes them very, very good at reading people. I would argue this is why you are turned off by hypocrisy and arrogant people. Can I say condescension turns you off too?
I believe they are expressing emotions not particularly towards me. It's just that when I ask them "Hey! How are you doing?" and they answer with "Meh." that kind of upsets me. Or when I'm having a pretty bad day and meet someone who is shining and they tell me how happy they are, it makes me feel happy as well. As for the gloomy people, I kind of see myself in them, mainly because my friends tell me I have a gloomy expression myself.
About reading people, I believe my intuition works here. From an impersonal point of view I can pretty much tell what kind of people they are. Occasionally, I get to know some of them, and after we became friends I seemed to neglect their "characteristics". Then again, when we have an argument or something like that, I tend to recall what my first impression of them once was and that pretty much suits them now that I got to know them. My mother told me that my first impression of people is in most cases spot-on. I think I've got a perception about people's hidden motives. I don't know how, but it makes me keep an eye on these people.

Since my early teens I've been fascinated with getting close and how easily some do it. It appears my aloofness kind of makes it harder for me to get to know people.

And I believe my Enneagram is Type 4. Something in my stomach twitches in a bad way when I hear "we" (unless it's not for max 2 people, for example a couple). I prefer to communicate with "me" and "you".

You sound an awful lot like me.
At a first glance, I'd suggest INFP via dichotomy, and INFJ via 'functions'.

Which of these fits you best:

I bolded a part for you to have a real think about - because I want you to understand this type is for the most part, not organized and decisive.

Emphasis again on the bolded part for self-reflection.
The first quote is pretty much spot on! By "common good" I understand the common good of the people I love. I am a messy, disorganized and clumsy introvert, but when I do things important to me, I try to do them as well as I can.
I think I am not enough idealistic to be called an idealist. Though I hold some values dear, I believe anyone can do anything as long as they don't hurt others.

My boyfriend got ISFP, ISTP, INFP and INTP results at different times. It turned out he was INTP after I figured out his dominant function is Introverted Thinking.
What you have written as your likes and dislikes all look very INFP to me. Forests, understanding music, disliking materialism, wanting to hug gloomy people. I know a few INFP's and some have separately spoke about how they find vulnerability extremely endearing. Not in a creepy way, it just makes them want to hold that person and tell them everything is gunna be A-OKAY.
Disliking people who believe they are superior is also very much an INFP thing... It looks like you use Introverted Feeling as your dominant function (to me) as you have mainly spoken about your personal feelings. I definitely do not think you are INTJ. INFJ is likely too, but I think the question for you with that one is; do you like to plan? INFJ's have to plan, INFP's have to "see what happens".
Both, actually. I tend to plan a lot. I am as well trying to predict every possibility of what might happen - both the best and the worst scenarios. I also think how would it affect the people involved and me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts