Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body else find it to be a cruel irony that the personality type that makes up the smallest amount of the population (INFJs), and thus tends to have the least amount of true friends, simultaneously has the hardest time untangling themselves from relationships that have gone awry? You know, just letting go, moving on, turning the corner from love to something less-than-love (what is that even called?).

I guess our connections with others as INFJs wouldn't be so deep if they could also be more easily dismissed. But, damn, the pain.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I used to have these feelings but recently I relish it.

Now granted I have become a bit of a cynic over the years but I've found most people aren't worth establishing a meaningful relationship with, this is not to say they're bad, just not for me. But the people I have connected with it is a very true and meaningful relationship that will stand the test of time.

I've gone years with out speaking to some of my closest friends and yet it's still there, and these friendships are worth all of the social frustration I experience and then some.

Another thing we can take advantage of is the fact that we can appreciate people for what they are, regardless of who they are. So yeah, they may not be the best friend of the world but with some effort we can establish pleasant relationships with acquaintances and use those a quick fix for anything we feel is lacking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts