Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering where you find youself most connected and calm. For me its when Im in nature be it sitting out the back waiting for a set on sunrise, by a stream or a lake surrounded by trees, or walking and exploring the forest and natural world, camping, fishing, hunting etc. Do you find your time of greatest calm or paradise is away from the hustle and bustle and pressures of modern life.
I imagine many would also feel this way when surrounded by loved ones during happy times.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Most connected with what? People or nature?

Reactions: noosabar

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I feel most connected with myself when I'm cycling at night and there's nobody in the streets; then it's just me underneath a clear sky with just a few clouds shrouding the moon... There's is something very confronting but yet also very familiar and tranquil about a deserted town at night.

·
Registered
801 Posts
On a blanket, in the middle of a quiet forest. Looking upwards towards the canopy of trees. That is when I feel the most insignificant yet the most pure and connected to everything around me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most connected with what? People or nature?
Sorry for noy being clear, I meant connected, clam and centred within yourself. Im finding when I am level and most uninhibited by my thoughts is when Im in a natural environment, Its really good for me, however I find I don't want to re enter the "real" world when Im there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On a blanket, in the middle of a quiet forest. Looking upwards towards the canopy of trees. That is when I feel the most insignificant yet the most pure and connected to everything around me.
I like this.
Insignificant yet connected, I used to drive 1400km west of my home town to experience similar. I'd finish work on Friday afternoon and drive, I'd end up in a place south west of Cunnamulla in Queensland Aust, No light pollution, no unnatural sounds, no people, nothing. A sky so big and so dense with stars, and a landscape so vast and void of civilisation, everything I thought I was would fade into oblivian, humbled, consumed by an ancient landscape, and a never ending sky. I would just stand/lay on the back of my ute and look up for hours in the darkness till the sun came. Connected, calm, humbled.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am most calm when I'm in nature. I love being alone on a walk or a swim in a lake. Then again I feel most connected to people when I'm on a camping trip with others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts