Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nope. Incidentally, I have been tested as INTP, ENTP, ISTP, and INFP. Occasionally ISTJ and ENFP.

1. Click on this link: Flickr : Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I cannot get the link to work, at the moment.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I remain seated, heave a sigh of annoyance, and begin searching for something to entertain myself. Occasionally, I may exit the car and examine the problem, and either make witty jokes on our predicament or offer some words of wisdom to make my hard-working companions believe that I'm trying to help.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I wouldn't mind going to the party, especially if the concert was more than adequately enjoyable to me. I like parties, because it's easier to have fun when you're around a bunch of people who don't know you and won't disturb your moments of indulgence. I only dislike parties when the choice of music is terrible in my opinion, or when the general atmosphere is too obnoxious and rowdy.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I dunno, it will depend on my perception of the claim and the friend in question.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Doubt, Question, Ponder, Research and Confirm/Reject.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I have no specific set of values that dictate my actions and my thoughts. I do whatever seems most beneficial or most pleasurable, depending on my intellectual requirements.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I'm regarded as a spontaneous eccentric in school. I will be a quiet misanthropic hermit one day, and a loud impulsive showboat another day. Although, I would probably be voted as the quietest person in school. I'm also an excellent improviser in verbal confrontations. During an argument, I can take the fallacies in my monologue and coalesce them with my opponent's assertions to compose a winning statement.

b) I would prefer to remove all my personality traits that occasionally make me anxious, reserved and insecure.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I think they're significant. I interpret my hunches and gut feelings as subtle messages delivered to me by the brain via whatever is responsible for stimulating me. Of course, I also take a minuscule amount of time aside to estimate the possible consequences of abiding by these hunches.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Gaming, listening to Rock music, watching a good movie, proving my peers wrong, etc. I love reading fiction, but I don't think the aforementioned activity energizes me. Indeed, I feel rather inadequate after I finish reading a fiction.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

My insecurities and anything that could possibly lead to failure. I like debating, but I mostly refrain from partaking in it due to my fear of failure. This is one of the few reasons why I'm predominantly shy and passive, even though I act like a typical extrovert when I'm in my element. I suppose you could call it a broader version of stage fright.

Here are the results of a cognitive functions test that I recently attempted. I was mildly surprised.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.2)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************************** (54.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.1)
average use

PS: Ask me more questions, preferably circumstantial questions that compel my personal characteristics to be presented in a more informative light.

·
Registered
276 Posts
First of all Welcome to PerC if you are a new Member, hope you enjoy your stay and learn many things about yourself and your let's say, inner journey haha. Now let's see here

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nope. Incidentally, I have been tested as INTP, ENTP, ISTP, and INFP. Occasionally ISTJ and ENFP.

1. Click on this link: Flickr : Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I cannot get the link to work, at the moment.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I remain seated, heave a sigh of annoyance, and begin searching for something to entertain myself. Occasionally, I may exit the car and examine the problem, and either make witty jokes on our predicament or offer some words of wisdom to make my hard-working companions believe that I'm trying to help.
Ti, N (Depending on what jokes you told Ni or Ne) Fi if you are doing so out of moral code and inner beliefs, Fe if you want to connect as a group and focused on how they feel

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I wouldn't mind going to the party, especially if the concert was more than adequately enjoyable to me. I like parties, because it's easier to have fun when you're around a bunch of people who don't know you and won't disturb your moments of indulgence. I only dislike parties when the choice of music is terrible in my opinion, or when the general atmosphere is too obnoxious and rowdy.
This is Se and maybe a little Ti, Si if you're comparing to how parties should be and you have an idea in your mind of what you want it to be, Se if you're more like 'This party is whack' in the overall context, Ti if you have certain principles and sub clauses that the party is not abiding to, Fi if it is conflícting your personal belief system, a bit of all but the question is which one the most?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I dunno, it will depend on my perception of the claim and the friend in question.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Doubt, Question, Ponder, Research and Confirm/Reject.
N T
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I have no specific set of values that dictate my actions and my thoughts. I do whatever seems most beneficial or most pleasurable, depending on my intellectual requirements.
Ti, Se
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I'm regarded as a spontaneous eccentric in school. I will be a quiet misanthropic hermit one day, and a loud impulsive showboat another day. Although, I would probably be voted as the quietest person in school. I'm also an excellent improviser in verbal confrontations. During an argument, I can take the fallacies in my monologue and coalesce them with my opponent's assertions to compose a winning statement.
Hmmm

b) I would prefer to remove all my personality traits that occasionally make me anxious, reserved and insecure.
Those are the things that make you intelligent

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I think they're significant. I interpret my hunches and gut feelings as subtle messages delivered to me by the brain via whatever is responsible for stimulating me. Of course, I also take a minuscule amount of time aside to estimate the possible consequences of abiding by these hunches.
ti

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Gaming, listening to Rock music, watching a good movie, proving my peers wrong, etc. I love reading fiction, but I don't think the aforementioned activity energizes me. Indeed, I feel rather inadequate after I finish reading a fiction.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

My insecurities and anything that could possibly lead to failure. I like debating, but I mostly refrain from partaking in it due to my fear of failure. This is one of the few reasons why I'm predominantly shy and passive, even though I act like a typical extrovert when I'm in my element. I suppose you could call it a broader version of stage fright.

Here are the results of a cognitive functions test that I recently attempted. I was mildly surprised.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.2)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************************** (54.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.1)
average use

PS: Ask me more questions, preferably circumstantial questions that compel my personal characteristics to be presented in a more informative light.
[/QUOTE]

Based on what I read your personality it was very much Ti. In addition if NE is your dominant cognitive function that makes Si your least developed primary cognitive function when they are both more so quite high. If Si is your dominant it makes Ne your least dominant primary. From what I observed your writing uses a lot of Ti , at times it sounded more Ti than Ne to me, but on the other hand this says very little about how you think, and your internal processes, however it does indicate that you are a thinker, intuiter and sensor.
Introverted ThinkingAnalyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles

Extraverted iNtuitingInterpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts
Introverted SensingReviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data

To put Si and Ne as high as possible you need to be a ISTP, INTP, making your dom function Introversive thinking followed by extraversive intuition and introversive sensing and lastly feeling, which seems to reflect your writing and the graph in a way that makes sense to me.
If you put Ne as your dominant function then you would be an ENTP or an ENFP that would put Intraversive Sensing as the least developed prim cognitive function, and put feeling above sensing, however.
So possibly any of those, i'd do more research in to Introversive thinking, because I believe you have more ti then what the graph depicts and research on what Ne means too, to see which one you are using more. Ne is more chaotic, drawing together unconnected facts, Ti is more analyzing and evaluating according principles and sub principles.
We know you use both, but just which one more. After you do that you if you choose Ne you'll know you're either an ENTP or an ENFP (The only Ne doms). If you believe ti then it has to be ISTP or INTP (Ti dom, ne and si following)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very insightful, thank you for replying. Perhaps, you can ask some contextual questions to clarify the dubious nature of my MBTI identity. Yesterday, I jokingly propounded to my friends the theory of negativity of time and whether what we consider the future is actually the past. I also wondered aloud whether what we call ghosts are actually indecisive time travellers. Is this a humorous manifestations of Ne? I have a penchant for imaginary bullshit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That was very insightful, thank you for replying. Perhaps, you can ask some contextual questions to clarify the dubious nature of my MBTI identity. Yesterday, I jokingly propounded to my friends the theory of negativity of time and whether what we consider the future is actually the past. I also wondered aloud whether what we call ghosts are actually indecisive time travellers. Is this a humorous manifestations of Ne? I have a penchant for imaginary bullshit.
This is NE because your connecting dots which are otherwise said to be unknown. You're basically using your intuitive thoughts to find connections between unrelated events, but you're also thinking in to the unknown, which is where NE lives. To a Ne user these are not humorous but in fact very serious topics because Ne thinks about all the different possibilities but believes them to be true at all the same time. For an Ne user these abstract concepts on higher dimensions and the nature of time, Future past, past future, Present not existing ect, Nature of living, nature of death ect, are very important to how the user the defines himself, because he uses these outward intuitive connections of the unknown to then go inward and define himself. In other words you align your individuality in to the possibilities you perceive and you then because they are likely 'true' you go even further,

'If they are inter dimensional time travellers, why do the often scare people?' Is it because the interdimensionally induces instant fear in to a human because it allows the ability for one to be completely defenseless to counter it at the present time?, Does the mind experience absolute fear to alert the body of the impending danger of the transposed dimensions at that time.' 'If people are scared at interdimensionally, that means that either the body's reaction is wrong or that there is in fact danger inhibited to the potential of these 'time travellers' and perhaps they could try to use our energy or to manipulate our states of consciousness for their own benefit'
'Sometimes people are happy at the idea of ghost, this means that some interdimensional creatures are in fact good and even have the capacity to love a lower dimensional being' 'If they Love a lower dimensional being, there must be some over all point, such as ascending that consciousness to be with them in a higher realm' 'if you can be with someone in a higher realm is that physical, spiritual or abstract, what is the nature of a higher realm? Are they physical?' 'If they are physical because explain they have felt them physically touch them, or push them, then are they always able to see is, like a Life TV, watching humans troll and do day to day activities. Are humans destined to move to these higher realms?' 'Is it like when we watch an ant hill, and see all the ants running along, controlled by their state, working so on and so forth, but have little undertanding of our day to day lives, and the crap we have to go through, our thoughts, and our internal clock work processes and beliefs, our fears, our ideas, are we like the ants to this greater scale of Life?

So basically that's Ne and it goes on for many many hours, sometimes you find yourself acting upon these possibilities, and if you go too deep in to Ne, you may never come back out again. Ne is like a sleeping beast, it is able to perceive these higher metaphysical truths and act upon them, that makes the Ne user a genius or insane. It means that they can know things like school will be closed today, with out ever actually knowing that it would be closed in real World, they know because time travellers told them, or because their intuitive web caught it through the taste of the dust or a memory altered, and then school just happends to close, it does not prove these higher circumstances true, but it means that the Ne user can cast greater insight in to Life and what they shouldn't know because their mind is outside of itself, it is connecting seemingly unknowable odds to determine things in the Ne's life, there fore it may be related to mysticism, or just greater scientific insight.

Intuitive users are completely irrational, crazy and unorthodox to every one else, but to them selves. They are Completely rational in their own mind, and everyone else is crazy because they fear to think of the possibilities and act upon them. Ne users understand the universe in their own right, but quite often are faced with monsters of their own, the monster of possibility. Being controlled by the possibility, being a product of fear to your own inhibitions. If Ne creates many thousands of doors then Ne knows that behind a few of them are demons that they must face, Demons which they essentially created by choosing to know, perhaps they were there anyway but what you don't know won't necessarily hurt your current state of mind, until is is learned however. The Ne comes to learn frightening possibilities which are like a grasp crushing them, and you cannot escape, you must face, and accept. To be in conflict with a person causes great fear, but to be in conflict to the monsters you created, the thought of them drooling down your shoulder, the blood thirst in their eyes, as soon as you are unexpecting they will leap upon you, and consume you is fear that no one but yourself will ever truly understand. Ne is the dormant monster that you've created which you must keep feeding information, giving it intuitive food to feed on, it is a yearn for something more, something meaningful and endless desire to stand up against all odds, jump and grasp on to an invisible rope. It is to face everything that you are, that you can be, that is, the Possibility of possibility, a weak mind will simply be swallowed up, by their inability to stay strong to these Fear, these dislikes, these thoughts. 'If you hold any tension in the body or mind, you don't need another enemy, you will slowly just work against yourself' Ne is a double edged sword, a Martyr, someone who puts their Life on the line to understand, to find Meaning, to fulfill something inside of them that they do no even understand and when they try to think, it is just blank, when they try, it is just blank, but that yearn grows larger and larger as the years go by, the more you develop it. The only way to supress is to fall in to the ignorance of your own gift, to become a product of your own doubts, your fears, your inability to grasp your true identity. To turn your back on these Intuitive ideas, to fall in to the trap of complete disbelief for a small comfort and peace of mind, at the cost of your own ignorance. Ne is more then just Concepts, it is waking up to the possibilities, it is to find out if you truly are, alive.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intuitive users are completely irrational, crazy and unorthodox to every one else, but to them selves. They are Completely rational in their own mind, and everyone else is crazy because they fear to think of the possibilities and act upon them. Ne users understand the universe in their own right, but quite often are faced with monsters of their own, the monster of possibility. Being controlled by the possibility, being a product of fear to your own inhibitions. If Ne creates many thousands of doors then Ne knows that behind a few of them are demons that they must face, Demons which they essentially created by choosing to know, perhaps they were there anyway but what you don't know won't necessarily hurt your current state of mind, until is is learned however. The Ne comes to learn frightening possibilities which are like a grasp crushing them, and you cannot escape, you must face, and accept. To be in conflict with a person causes great fear, but to be in conflict to the monsters you created, the thought of them drooling down your shoulder, the blood thirst in their eyes, as soon as you are unexpecting they will leap upon you, and consume you. Ne is a double edged sword, a Martyr, someone who puts their Life on the line to understand, to find Meaning, to know that they truely, are, alive.
I'm truly fascinated... this passage perfectly encapsulates my inexplicably reasonable fear of the dark. But it's not the darkness that I fear, what terrifies me is that which lies concealed in it. As an intuitive individual, I can deliberate over the presence of a plethora of malevolent beings who are obscured from me in obscurity, and still assign logical explanations to these thoughts. Probability is immaterial to me unless it is called for in a pedestrian situation that entails facts and data. If something is possible, probability means nothing to me. I cannot discard a hypothetical event merely because of its questionable probability (even if the event is something ridiculous... like ninjas surrounding my room).

So, what I need to now is whether I'm an INTP or an ENTP.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm truly fascinated... this passage perfectly encapsulates my inexplicably reasonable fear of the dark. But it's not the darkness that I fear, what terrifies me is that which lies concealed in it. As an intuitive individual, I can deliberate over the presence of a plethora of malevolent beings who are obscured from me in obscurity, and still assign logical explanations to these thoughts. Probability is immaterial to me unless it is called for in a pedestrian situation that entails facts and data. If something is possible, probability means nothing to me. I cannot discard a hypothetical event merely because of its questionable probability (even if the event is something ridiculous... like ninjas surrounding my room).

So, what I need to now is whether I'm an INTP or an ENTP.
ENTP Because your NE is insanely high. But you could also be ENFP because of the small preference of Fi over Fe, ENTP using Fe. ENFP using Fi. It would be between ENTP and ENFP, both being Ne dom, ENFP's are more a person with many Values morales, evolved principles of the self, a person who more interested in being at peace with them selves and are obligated to do things because they have strong convictions and ideas about the World which they think about inside.
ENTP's have Ti over feeling, and even then they don't have Fi but Fe meaning that they pick up what other people feel, but don't necessarily think about those sense of values and convictions as a priority to perhaps connecting and reading others. Ti over feeling means that they are seeing things with principles and sub principles and categories like a mind map, rather then seeing things through these strong affirmations they have about the World. Enfp has Extravertive thinking which is more organizing your thoughts in a way which makes them accessible to you, but not being organized from everyone else's point of view, but your own. It is about empirical thinking which is: if you wanted to find the best donuts, Te would go from donut shop to donut shop eating them, Ti would see what methods were used to produce the donuts, so Te is more like what works, and Ti is more like how it works, in a general sense.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I may possibly be an ENTP or an ENFP. All I need to figure out is whether I use Fi/Te or Ti/Fe.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, you remind me of my ENTP friend, especially with your thoughts on the concept of probability. That guy can believe anything and everything if it's not impossible.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After conducting an extensive online research I have arrived at the conclusion that I am, in lieu of an ENTP, an INTP with a well developed Ne. I observed this while perusing a plethora of articles on both types and discovering that a majority of INTP descriptions resonate with my personality. I could not experience a similar feeling of familiarity when I read the ENTP descriptions, although I could also relate to a few of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts