Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally made this thread in the 'What's my personality type' section. However, I was compelled to replicate that thread and relocate it to this forum for two reasons. One, the deficiency of responses. Two, I currently believe I'm an ENTP. However, I might be an INTP instead. I made this exact thread in both the ENTP and INTP sections in order to maximize the accuracy of the responses.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male, 16, Calm.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Patagonia Fall | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think a recluse dragon is taking refuge inside the conspicuous red mountain. Smaug, is that you?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I'll be mildly irritated, that's a given. Then I would immediately think about the time remaining for the concert to start, the ideal time for the car to reach the concert, estimate how much time it would take for the car to be repaired, coalesce these variables, and ultimately arrive at the probability of making it to the concert at time. Then, depending on the answer, I would either resume my exasperated temperament or further deliberate on the situation at hand.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Since I'm relieved about making it to the concert in time (and possibly making the correct conjectures), I would be particularly fine with the idea of attending the party. Perhaps, I could meet some interesting people. Ultimately, I would go the party, and only refuse to do such if I'm fatigued or in need of tranquil isolation.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

So, I did attend the party? Anyway, back to the question. My inward reaction would depend on my relationship with my friend. If he's merely an acquaintance, I would not hesitate to explain my perspective. Normally, I would be too nonchalant or lazy to indulge in an argument over beliefs. I like arguments, especially when I derive the satisfaction of exposing the logical fallacies and inconsistencies in the opponent's say.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Shake head skeptically, think, doubt, ponder, research, research profoundly, disabuse/confirm, conclude.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Intellect and humor, I suppose. I don't give a rat's backside about values, I do whatever benefits or pleases me.
Probably not.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I have no shortage of quirks and peculiar hobbies or interests. I'm predominantly quiet, introspective, pragmatic, deliberating, and evaluating. I have a habit of evaluating recent events that transpire in my wake. Indeed, a couple of days ago, I was profoundly evaluating the month of July and comparing the final result to that of the previous month, and so on. I even assign ratings to experiences and years. For instance, when asked about my current state of life, I would promptly say something like "Well, it's certainly better than 2010..."

b) I want to improve my ability to socialize and become more social in general, without sacrificing the cerebral capabilities inherent to my personality.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Granted these hunches and gut feelings only occur to me when I'm in the process of making incidental decisions, I usually abide by them. While I occasionally often conform to them when making major decisions (which I fortunately do not often do, given my indecisive nature), I would rather take time to consider them. But even that is somewhat difficult, because I'm an impulsive individual and I dislike over-thinking or over-analyzing.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) I really don't know, there are various activities to consider.
b) Obeying, following rules and commands, carrying out tasks for others, taking responsibilities that don't benefit me, boredom, getting insulted by strangers or people who have no reason to.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I seldom speak in the company of strangers. I mainly repress my insecurities.

PS: For some reason, I cannot disable the 'Bold' function. Therefore, I had to change the color of the answers in order to separate them from the questions. The introduction somehow escaped this.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
Yeah I'd say INTP.

If you were an ENTP you would have filled that questionnaire with semi-arrogant, accidentally egocentric humour.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
HAHAHAHAHHAHA and if you were an INTP, you would have filled the questionnaire with "accidentally" insulting humour towards other types.
Haha, sorry, I meant it in a good way. I think my attempt at humour was too subtle. I really like the snappy, forward, quick ENTP style. I can see it even in the way you guys write. I call it self-absorbed/egocentric in a sort of lovable tongue-in-cheek way.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Everything in your response indicates that you are not pulled toward certain possibilities within the external world. Your internal logic turns all the possibilities into just another set of options calmly assessed in order to find the option that fits. Your possibilities are open and are presented in a manner that could be described as "flat," with each option not feeling particularly more animating than the others. This is definitely INTP. You care about things making sense. Pursuing a sensible option among other sensible options is secondary to this Ti demand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts