Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you define as a "true" man? (I guess both genders could answer this)

Have you made the transition from being essentially a boy to being a man?

If yes, can you pin it down to a specific event? What was the catalyst for that transformation?

Descriptions and stories are welcome. Yknow, broad strokes. Was it some sort of tragic event? Was it something someone else told you that woke you up? Was it a realization you came to on your own, something like "damn, Im really in this bitch for real"? and so on.

Alternatively, it would also be welcome for the fair maidens among us to answer similar questions about themselves, I for one wouldnt mind ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I read a self-help book on how to become a man. Then I cried and screamed out loud. Didnt shave myself for 3 months and took off all my clothes and ran around in the most people populated area i could find. Especially I was looking for males I could dry hump. But they all ran away from me :(

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read a self-help book on how to become a man. Then I cried and screamed out loud. Didnt shave myself for 3 months and took off all my clothes and ran around in the most people populated area i could find. Especially I was looking for males I could dry hump. But they all ran away from me :(
This is a very serious discussion and I will not tolerate any tomfoolery :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
This is a very serious discussion and I will not tolerate any tomfoolery :wink:

Thats the serious part.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
What would you define as a "true" man?

This strikes me as a vague, subjective question. I think the truest answer I can give - the one that best gives the information I think you're seeking from others - is that I consider a male a "man" when he can effectively, responsibly provide for himself, and conduct himself as an individual with self-agency. That he has a sense of who he is and who he wants to be, and that he is using his skills, talents, and education to craft a life of his desiring. That doesn't mean he has to be entirely self-sufficient, but it needs to be clear that he can manage his life for himself as much as realistic circumstances merit.

For me - I feel like I had two striking moments when I really felt like I was transitioning into adulthood. The first when I was a couple of years out of college, having moved into my first off-campus apartment with the man who is now my husband, working part-time and going to school part-time. It was the first time I was essentially fully self-sufficient in terms of living apart from my parents, paying for my rent, paying for my tuition, and paying for most of my other major expenses. (My parents have always been very generous and still pay for a few of my expenses just out of kindness, and I do not look a gift horse in the mouth!) I think I hit another important point about a year later when my now-husband and I moved into a house and I got my first professional job. The first morning I got up before 7, dressed up, made myself a lunch in our new big kitchen, and kissed my partner of 3 years goodbye - I felt like a real grown-up lady.

Of course, now, on the cusp of Friday, ecstatic for the weekend, having lazily dragged myself to work this morning and staying up too late on the computer tonight, I feel significantly more like a kid... I think I reverse-age during the course of each week, as well as from the beginning of fall to footloose summer!
:tongue:

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
What would you define as a "true" man?
What makes a MAN
Is it the ⚡P O W E R⚡ in his H[SUP]A[/SUP]N[SUB]D[/SUB]S
✂-----✂-- Is it his quest for [SUB]gl⊙ry[/SUB]???
Give it [SUB]all[/SUB] you got-ah
To rise [SUP]to[/SUP] the top-ah

So we can know your storyyyy

Now you're a man
A man man man
Now you're a man
A mawny mawny man
Manmanmanman
YOU ARE NOW A MAN
You're a ma[SUB]a[/SUB]a[SUP]a[/SUP]a[SUB]a[/SUB]an
NOW YOU'RE A MAN

Live [SUP]it[/SUP], live [SUP]it[/SUP] :yeah: :airguitar: :m0827:

What makes a MAN, is it the woman♀in his arms?
Just cause she has big tittiiiiieeees ?
Or is it the way he fights every day

... No it's probably the tittiiiiiieeees

Now you're a man
A mayn mayn mayn
Now you're a maynman
Maymaymaymaymaymayman
Now you're man (ง •̀_•́)ง
M - ᐱ - N MAN
NOW YOU'RE A MAOUWWAHHH

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
if married with little retarded human off spring than a male who does what ever it takes to provide/protect family
single no children- to pay/support your way through life

caitlyn-jenner-bruce-jenner.jpg

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I suspect that girl to woman and boy to man are basically the same as far as feeling like an adult.

I think I started to feel like an adult when I became more self-aware and stopped being full of myself. This happened sort of randomly because I had a mental breakdown in college and found Alan Watts lectures on YouTube... which I started watching on medical leave from college. :dry: I think that was really where my mindset changed. There's this ego thing that kids (and like 90% of teenagers) have, which I sort of lost at that point..

So in a way adulthood for me was about losing a more superficial aspect of myself (rather than actually acquiring anything new), and realizing how certain identity-related things I was holding on to were essentially meaningless.

So with that line of thought I guess I would say you are not a man(/woman/whatever) if you are trying to be one. ;)

·
Registered
929 Posts
LMFAO :sighlol:

Reactions: Stockholmaren

·
Registered
929 Posts
Until I got my first period :angry: "and a load of other annoying life problems that come with being female" I didn't realise the severity of what it means to be a "Woman" so I guess that was my version of reaching "realising I am reaching" womanhood.

^That's a short answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts