Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit it's more like a profusion of questions...

I'm trying to confirm whether or not one of my friends is an isfp, so I'm hoping you can help me by commenting on some of his characteristics that I list. The descriptions I find online seem to fit, but I'm not sure.
but on top of that, I was exploring your forum and found you all to be very interesting :) so I would like to hear your comments regardless.

So, how do these things sound?
-(one of the main ones I'm interested about) he stopped hanging around one of his long-time guy friends because the friend became increasingly popular and was concerned about his manly image and all. MY friend didn't like being in the spotlight. (in his defense, the guy sort of ditched him first...)

-he likes making things/experimenting. He once made some sort of glowing light in a bottle

-when he visits where he used to live, he always brings small gifts and stuff for his friends.

-he's extremely imaginative. In our emails he always muses about something I might say and comes up with these funny, implausible stories. We can chat for a very long time just musing about silly things (for example, we once talked about inventing food olympics and making the stadium out of frozen yogurt... childish, but lighthearted and fun)

-however he can talk about serious things and give support if brought up

-he likes reading and he likes movies such as Avatar, Tangled, and How to Train Your Dragon

that is all :p
sorry it was so long... I was just reading one of your threads about concise writing and all through composing this, I was thinking, "crap, crap..."

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
Registered
640 Posts
Most of the things that you list sound like it's possible he's ISFP. The light in the bottle sounds really cool to me, as does the food olympics :laughing:. Also, I love the movie How to Train Your Dragon.

Can you have him take the test?

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
He doesn't own a shred of Fi. And I don't sense any Se or Ni in your description neither.

I say he's ISFJ or ESFJ.

ISFJ -> Si, Fe, Ti, Ne
ESFJ -> Fe, Si, Ne, Ti

Here's another set that is likely, based on the same cognitive functions above.

INTP -> Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
ENTP -> Ne, Ti, Fe, Si

Ps. Imaginative, childish, fun, and lighthearted can be anyone, it does not say anything about his MBTI type.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I admit it's more like a profusion of questions...

I'm trying to confirm whether or not one of my friends is an isfp, so I'm hoping you can help me by commenting on some of his characteristics that I list. The descriptions I find online seem to fit, but I'm not sure.
but on top of that, I was exploring your forum and found you all to be very interesting :) so I would like to hear your comments regardless.

So, how do these things sound?
-(one of the main ones I'm interested about) he stopped hanging around one of his long-time guy friends because the friend became increasingly popular and was concerned about his manly image and all. MY friend didn't like being in the spotlight. (in his defense, the guy sort of ditched him first...)

-he likes making things/experimenting. He once made some sort of glowing light in a bottle

-when he visits where he used to live, he always brings small gifts and stuff for his friends.

-he's extremely imaginative. In our emails he always muses about something I might say and comes up with these funny, implausible stories. We can chat for a very long time just musing about silly things (for example, we once talked about inventing food olympics and making the stadium out of frozen yogurt... childish, but lighthearted and fun)

-however he can talk about serious things and give support if brought up

-he likes reading and he likes movies such as Avatar, Tangled, and How to Train Your Dragon

that is all :p
sorry it was so long... I was just reading one of your threads about concise writing and all through composing this, I was thinking, "crap, crap..."
- hard to say, I like being in the spotlight sometimes. Wouldn't that case be the same for everybody? If your friend ditches you as he becomes popular you wouldn't want to be with that guy. If anything, we don't kiss ass (at least for me).

- tick

- maybe. usually not. unless that friend is close.

- i would say he isn't a SJ type then if he's that easygoing.

- tick

- i like those movies, but definitely not my favorites

1 - 4 of 4 Posts