Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holo, crazy kids!

(If you've seen Megamind you might get that.)

So here's a hypothetical situation:

What would you do if your friend is crushing over some guy she knows but refuses to be in a relationship with him because he is a member of a famous band, so she's insecure about groupies n cheating n such? What would you tell her if she keeps telling you about how her (now futile) obsession?

Said friend would be an INFP, if that matters at all. And she's in her early 20s and he's in his early 30s.

I'm just curious.

Keep in mind that she is a friend so you would try not to be too harsh and/or damage the friendship if at all possible.

Reactions: Apdenoatis

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
sorry, i'm too distracted by the "hypothetical" claim. . .

I'd probably just tell her straight up, "man, if you're not willing to go there, someday you're gonna have to stop thinking about him so much. . ." (conveyed with a sense sympathy of course)

If I was feeling nicer, I'd ask why she's obsessing if she's not gonna let it happen, and try to help her see why it's unnecessary.

If I was feeling -love-ing...I'd probably let her have her fun, until i saw it was getting unhealthy for her. She likes a fantasy apparently. Maybe find her a "real" option to distract/shake her out of her funk.

·
Registered
24 Posts
from my experience with infp's they tend to fall in love fast and pretty much there is no talking them down. but i mean, whenever it comes to matters of the heart, i think unless it's a clearly dangerous or abusive situation (and even then most of the time, sadly) there's little anyone else can do to intervene. let it be. people do what they want, always.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ask her what's more important? Leaving him and regretting that mistake because he's in a band or dating him knowing that you will be happy?!
If you want to bring up this topic, just tell her that as your friend, you are obligated to give her good advice and be there for her.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your advices. Much appreciated. :proud:

This is all I currently know about the situation. If more relevant info comes to light, I will let you know. I asked this on behalf of my SO so I'm not privy to all the exact details, but she was kinda stuck so I thought I would help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts