Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ladies, I want to give my ENTJ step-mum a present for Christmas and want it to be a (reasonably priced) awesome present that isn't a generic piece of shit and possibly something that she will find useful (as productivity is kind of your thing).

Soooo any ideas?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not
very
Helpful.

Ok well she has money to get whatever she wants, soooo I am thinking maybe something that is both useful and 'priceless' sentimental and cheep.... yeah, I am a poor student so yeah. Help?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not
very
Helpful.

Ok well she has money to get whatever she wants, soooo I am thinking maybe something that is both useful and 'priceless' sentimental and cheep.... yeah, I am a poor student so yeah. Help?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Get her a horse crop. She will think it's funny.

Reactions: MsBossyPants

·
Registered
212 Posts
Get her a book about politics or something...

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Hand soap, DVDs of her favourit movies or TV series, USB/memory cards, nail polish, scarves, gloves or gift card to her favourite store.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Ask her to marry you... and then when she looks at you wierd go... oh.. you're taken.. try to make an awkward joke and pretend to lighten the mood and then when that (as planned) doesn't work, walk away sulllenly.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Useful or priceless. I've never been a big fan of receiving clothes as a gift either, not sure if this is a trend among ENTJs or just me.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Ask her to marry you... and then when she looks at you wierd go... oh.. you're taken.. try to make an awkward joke and pretend to lighten the mood and then when that (as planned) doesn't work, walk away sulllenly.
Wouldn't that be a bit weird to ask your step-mom? XD

Reactions: Elistra

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Not
very
Helpful.

@MegaTuxRacer was very helpful, and succinct. long version:

She likely has something she hasn't had time to get. Get that. Find her fave food/wine/consumable.

Like, I'd like a frame for my diplomas that are sitting in envelopes. I'd like shoes cause I never have time to shop for them. I'd like babysitting for 2-3 hours so I can do something just for me. I'd like to have someone take away all the shit I've put in boxes to give to goodwill. I'd love chocolate liquors, good wine, good beer. etc.

Reactions: MTH

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
How not to get an ENTJ a gift.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Reactions: ENTP_Guy

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Ok ladies, I want to give my ENTJ step-mum a present for Christmas and want it to be a (reasonably priced) awesome present that isn't a generic piece of shit and possibly something that she will find useful (as productivity is kind of your thing).

Soooo any ideas?
What sort of things does she like? What are her interests?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Useful or priceless. I've never been a big fan of receiving clothes as a gift either, not sure if this is a trend among ENTJs or just me.
I'm not a huge fan of it. It depends on the clothes though, if it's something that I'm never going to wear in public I don't mind. If it's something that I have to wear in public, please don't. I have a set of colors that I wear, a certain style and I don't really move beyond that.

Reactions: MTH

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
A well-made journal type notebook (like moleskine). They're affordable and always useful, get something that would fit into her usual size of purse. I'm partial to unlined kind myself, but graph kind is nice too. Not a fan of the normal lined ones-- making tables in those is a bit of a pain.

I don't like food gifts because who knows when I'll be on a diet. Also I have allergies/intolerances and randomly decide not to eat something/ go on a specific feeding pattern for a period of time (it's currently no-dairy).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts