Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone care to try to find my enneagram type? I have no idea...

@alittlebear @Hotaru @shinynotshiny @Blue Soul @Halcyon @Gray Romantic

Blech.

What age range are you in?

13-19.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

Depression, mild OCD

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

My life is about a lonely little girl who wants to be perfect and to find her place in the world. I want to find love, and I'm very passionate. I want to share my ideas with others, and I desire to create bonds with others. However, I feel like my main goal in life, my calling, my purpose, is to understand the world and share it with others. I want to make a change, I often feel as if I'm destined to make some sort of change in the world.

2. What were you like as a kid?

At first, I was very quiet. I barely talked and just sat and stared at the wall. This remained true, but as I got older there became another side to me. I was very creative, quirky, imaginative, and I was also a bit...bossy? A bit of a perfectionist- I've always been a perfectionist. But mainly, I was the quiet little kid in the back of the classroom reading fairytales and playing pretend.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

I'm in my "rebellious teenage" faze right now. But really, it's simply that I challenge their views a lot. I'm not one for going out, partying, drinking, having sex too early. In fact, I don't recall ever doing any of those things. I'm very straight laced and academic. I'm more rebellious in the since that I question everything. For example, my mom will tell me how I do something, and I will respond: "What should we do this?" "Why is this right, this wrong?" It goes on and on. I don't place much value on tradition, and if I see my parents do something I don't agree with or understand, I may ask as to why.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I value many things, however my main value is love. Love, passion, caring for one another. Anything but apathy. I hate apathy, I believe it is a horrible thing for someone to not care about the things they do or the people that are close to them. I value love, unconditionally, being kind and connecting with others, doing anything you can for another because you love and care about them. My fear is that I'll become apathetic, selfish, and egocentric, with an emphasis on the apathetic-ness. I also have a love for romance, I find it beautiful and fascinating, and it excited me to think of the day in the future I will fall in love. This is because of how much value I place on love, and how I cannot stress how much love is important to me.

Another value of mine, which I wouldn't so much consider a value, but more a trait of mine, is my desire to be intelligent and knowledgable. I place emphasis on knowledge, on knowing. I hate being ignorant, I have to know everything. I would definitely not place this as high as love, but it's very important for me as well.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

I have a horrible fear of being average, a fear of being dumb, a fear of being unloved and unwanted, a fear a living in a mindless routine, a fear of being ignorant, and a fear that I am not good enough. I've always had these fears, and I'm not sure if they will ever go away.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
b.) How do you want others to see you?
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

a.) I see myself as...hmm. A smart, creative girl who is very unique and passionate, who loves using her imagination and who has a big heart and a big brain. I'm a bit quirky, and a bit sassy, and also a bit prone to being depressed. It's hard to explain, but I am myself, no one else, just me.

b.) I want others to see me as intelligent, interesting, charismatic, unique, fascinating, the works. I want people to see me as someone who is interesting and who they really care about. I have a horrible fear of not being cared about, and I'm paranoid that no one actually truly cares about me and who I am.

c.) I dislike mean, cruel, ignorant, unintelligent people who judge others without judging their own actions first and who parade around as if they think they are the best. People who are ignorantly and unconsciously being horrible people. How can you walk around so ignorant to these things? It would drive me absolutely insane.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.

c.) 1
b.) 2
a.) 3

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

It takes me to my imagination, to my ideas. I call it the "world of dreams." (Cliche, yes?) Thanks to being an NFP, I have a very vivid imagination world with many things and ideas. Sometimes I'll think about the meaning of something, something I'll make up a thousand 'what if" statements, or maybe play a scenario in my head of how I'd like my life to be. Sometimes I just like to think, to withdraw myself and think about my life. It's quiet and interesting experience.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
My best: Feeling loved, feeling cared for and adored for who I am, feeling wanted for being the things that I am. Also, feeling intelligent.
My worst: The exact opposite. Feeling unwanted, feeling unintelligent, feeling hated, or simply ignored. Even more-so ignored.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
b.) shame
c.) anxiety

a.) When someone does something to be or someone else that is cruel, ignorant, all of the things I've stated before. Also, when they have hurt my feelings, or someone else's. When they have done something mean or selfish, as well.

b.) When I feel not good enough, when I feel unintelligent, uncreative, dumb, useless, average.

c.) When I am put under stress from my insecurities, anger, anything really. I am quite disorganized and this will do me in as well.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
b.) negative unexpected change
c.) conflict

a.) I will try to distract myself from it, maybe disconnect myself from the situation. Try to think of the good things in life and realize that it will all work out in the end.

b.) I'll probably being upset, overly emotional, and whatnot. I'll try my best to fix the problem, and if not seek solace in someone who can comfort me and make me feel better.

c.) I try to end conflict, but it is not my main goal. Sometimes conflict can be fun, as long as it's not horrible, cruel conflict. I don't need to be constantly peaceful- that would be rather boring. However, bad conflict? I would try to stop it as soon as possible. I'm a bit of a mediator, per se. I'll step in a shut everyone up and solve problems for them and help them compromise.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

a.) I'm usually the lead creator and visionary. Not always the leader, but the one who makes the most change. However, I often get put as leader by others, and I would say I do a good job when I have to do so.

b.) I try to aim for both cooperation and efficiency. I don't want to become ridden with power, and become manipulative and evil. If I am given power, I like to use it for good.

c.) Yes and no. Yes at times. I'm one to quesiton too much, I don't always obey. I like to be able to be free to do what I want, and not to be mentally controlled. However, I don't mind if someone technically has authority over me, or is more domineering. I'm not exactly a domineering person myself. As long as they aren't impeding on my free thinking, I don't really mind.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Their emotions, hidden body language, hidden intentions. I'm good at reading people in general.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I'm overly trusting and it has put me in a bad place emotionally in the past. That is all I want to say on this matter.

(Skipping 15 as I'm too young to know)

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient

The ones I use the most are "To constantly push yourself to be “the best”, -"To overuse imagination in searching for yourself", and "To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance". I believe I explained all of this before. :)

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

a.) Intelligent and creativity, and for who care about me and love me.

b.) I want fall in love, I want to be loved. I wish I could be more self confident, on some level, I wish I was the perfect ideal version of myself that I have in my head. :|

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I like this one best, personally http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/111173-enneagram-questionnaire.html

Just tentatively I would guess 4w5 7wX 9w8 SP/SO, but that's just a guess from what I know about you at this time. I'm really not that good at Enneagram - I've never typed someone about Enneagram - but I hadn't helped anyone with MBTI before you either, so maybe I'll figure out how to help you here. I'll try my best to be of assistance.

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like this one best, personally http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/111173-enneagram-questionnaire.html

Just tentatively I would guess 4w5 7wX 9w8 SP/SO, but that's just a guess from what I know about you at this time. I'm really not that good at Enneagram - I've never typed someone about Enneagram - but I hadn't helped anyone with MBTI before you either, so maybe I'll figure out how to help you here. I'll try my best to be of assistance.
Alright. I'll fill that out and get back to you as soon as possible. :)

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Be sure to put it on your first post when you're done with it, so people can cesspit with ease when they come to help you with your type.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@alittlebear

What age range are you in?

13-19.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

Depression, mild OCD

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

My life is about a lonely little girl who wants to be perfect and to find her place in the world. I want to find love, and I'm very passionate. I want to share my ideas with others, and I desire to create bonds with others. However, I feel like my main goal in life, my calling, my purpose, is to understand the world and share it with others. I want to make a change, I often feel as if I'm destined to make some sort of change in the world.

2. What were you like as a kid?

At first, I was very quiet. I barely talked and just sat and stared at the wall. This remained true, but as I got older there became another side to me. I was very creative, quirky, imaginative, and I was also a bit...bossy? A bit of a perfectionist- I've always been a perfectionist. But mainly, I was the quiet little kid in the back of the classroom reading fairytales and playing pretend.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

I'm in my "rebellious teenage" faze right now. But really, it's simply that I challenge their views a lot. I'm not one for going out, partying, drinking, having sex too early. In fact, I don't recall ever doing any of those things. I'm very straight laced and academic. I'm more rebellious in the since that I question everything. For example, my mom will tell me how I do something, and I will respond: "What should we do this?" "Why is this right, this wrong?" It goes on and on. I don't place much value on tradition, and if I see my parents do something I don't agree with or understand, I may ask as to why.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I value many things, however my main value is love. Love, passion, caring for one another. Anything but apathy. I hate apathy, I believe it is a horrible thing for someone to not care about the things they do or the people that are close to them. I value love, unconditionally, being kind and connecting with others, doing anything you can for another because you love and care about them. My fear is that I'll become apathetic, selfish, and egocentric, with an emphasis on the apathetic-ness. I also have a love for romance, I find it beautiful and fascinating, and it excited me to think of the day in the future I will fall in love. This is because of how much value I place on love, and how I cannot stress how much love is important to me.

Another value of mine, which I wouldn't so much consider a value, but more a trait of mine, is my desire to be intelligent and knowledgable. I place emphasis on knowledge, on knowing. I hate being ignorant, I have to know everything. I would definitely not place this as high as love, but it's very important for me as well.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

I have a horrible fear of being average, a fear of being dumb, a fear of being unloved and unwanted, a fear a living in a mindless routine, a fear of being ignorant, and a fear that I am not good enough. I've always had these fears, and I'm not sure if they will ever go away.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
b.) How do you want others to see you?
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

a.) I see myself as...hmm. A smart, creative girl who is very unique and passionate, who loves using her imagination and who has a big heart and a big brain. I'm a bit quirky, and a bit sassy, and also a bit prone to being depressed. It's hard to explain, but I am myself, no one else, just me.

b.) I want others to see me as intelligent, interesting, charismatic, unique, fascinating, the works. I want people to see me as someone who is interesting and who they really care about. I have a horrible fear of not being cared about, and I'm paranoid that no one actually truly cares about me and who I am.

c.) I dislike mean, cruel, ignorant, unintelligent people who judge others without judging their own actions first and who parade around as if they think they are the best. People who are ignorantly and unconsciously being horrible people. How can you walk around so ignorant to these things? It would drive me absolutely insane.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.

c.) 1
b.) 2
a.) 3

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

It takes me to my imagination, to my ideas. I call it the "world of dreams." (Cliche, yes?) Thanks to being an NFP, I have a very vivid imagination world with many things and ideas. Sometimes I'll think about the meaning of something, something I'll make up a thousand 'what if" statements, or maybe play a scenario in my head of how I'd like my life to be. Sometimes I just like to think, to withdraw myself and think about my life. It's quiet and interesting experience.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
My best: Feeling loved, feeling cared for and adored for who I am, feeling wanted for being the things that I am. Also, feeling intelligent.
My worst: The exact opposite. Feeling unwanted, feeling unintelligent, feeling hated, or simply ignored. Even more-so ignored.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
b.) shame
c.) anxiety

a.) When someone does something to be or someone else that is cruel, ignorant, all of the things I've stated before. Also, when they have hurt my feelings, or someone else's. When they have done something mean or selfish, as well.

b.) When I feel not good enough, when I feel unintelligent, uncreative, dumb, useless, average.

c.) When I am put under stress from my insecurities, anger, anything really. I am quite disorganized and this will do me in as well.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
b.) negative unexpected change
c.) conflict

a.) I will try to distract myself from it, maybe disconnect myself from the situation. Try to think of the good things in life and realize that it will all work out in the end.

b.) I'll probably being upset, overly emotional, and whatnot. I'll try my best to fix the problem, and if not seek solace in someone who can comfort me and make me feel better.

c.) I try to end conflict, but it is not my main goal. Sometimes conflict can be fun, as long as it's not horrible, cruel conflict. I don't need to be constantly peaceful- that would be rather boring. However, bad conflict? I would try to stop it as soon as possible. I'm a bit of a mediator, per se. I'll step in a shut everyone up and solve problems for them and help them compromise.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

a.) I'm usually the lead creator and visionary. Not always the leader, but the one who makes the most change. However, I often get put as leader by others, and I would say I do a good job when I have to do so.

b.) I try to aim for both cooperation and efficiency. I don't want to become ridden with power, and become manipulative and evil. If I am given power, I like to use it for good.

c.) Yes and no. Yes at times. I'm one to quesiton too much, I don't always obey. I like to be able to be free to do what I want, and not to be mentally controlled. However, I don't mind if someone technically has authority over me, or is more domineering. I'm not exactly a domineering person myself. As long as they aren't impeding on my free thinking, I don't really mind.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Their emotions, hidden body language, hidden intentions. I'm good at reading people in general.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I'm overly trusting and it has put me in a bad place emotionally in the past. That is all I want to say on this matter.

(Skipping 15 as I'm too young to know)

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient

The ones I use the most are "To constantly push yourself to be “the best”, -"To overuse imagination in searching for yourself", and "To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance". I believe I explained all of this before. :)

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

a.) Intelligent and creativity, and for those who care about me and love me.

b.) I want fall in love, I want to be loved. I wish I could be more self confident, on some level, I wish I was the perfect ideal version of myself that I have in my head. :|

Sorry, I'm a bit tired so these answers are somewhat sloppy.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Some questions I give in response to your questionnaire :

- You mention you want to be perfect. In what way do you mean this?

- In what way would you like to make a change in the world? (Would you like to annihilate Antarctica, become the next Einstein, feed the homeless everywhere, get a Nobel Prize (if so, for what), become president, what?)

- Do you also question everything in life? Why do you question everything in life, if you do? For fun, I mean, for necessity, or? And how do you go about answering these questions?

- Why do you have to know everything? In what way does knowing everything aid you?

- What is your perfect ideal for yourself, and why do you strive towards it?

- "Lead creator and visionary," could you describe this a little more,what this term means, and how you embody it?

Right now I'm thinking possibly SO dominant, maybe some SX, not seeing SP I guess too much. 1 has to be a fix of yours, possibly the core (1w2 probably), 4w3, and then either 6w5 or 5w6. That's what I'm thinking so fr, but we'll see what else unfolds soon.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some questions I give in response to your questionnaire :

- You mention you want to be perfect. In what way do you mean this?

- In what way would you like to make a change in the world? (Would you like to annihilate Antarctica, become the next Einstein, feed the homeless everywhere, get a Nobel Prize (if so, for what), become president, what?)

- Do you also question everything in life? Why do you question everything in life, if you do? For fun, I mean, for necessity, or? And how do you go about answering these questions?

- Why do you have to know everything? In what way does knowing everything aid you?

- What is your perfect ideal for yourself, and why do you strive towards it?

- "Lead creator and visionary," could you describe this a little more,what this term means, and how you embody it?

Right now I'm thinking possibly SO dominant, maybe some SX, not seeing SP I guess too much. 1 has to be a fix of yours, possibly the core (1w2 probably), 4w3, and then either 6w5 or 5w6. That's what I'm thinking so fr, but we'll see what else unfolds soon.
Okay :)

-I want to be the perfect version of myself. I want to be kind, caring, intelligent, love-able, and overall a great person. I want, more than anything, to be loved and I will strive to be as best as I can in order to achieve this goal.

-I want to make this world a better place. I'm a humanitarian, I want to make society a better place, help the people, stop poverty. Anything I can possibly do. I want to inspire others to do this as well.

-I question everything in life, because I believe everything in life has a reason and meaning. Nothing, just "is", there's a cause to it. I do this because the more I know, the better a person I'll become, and the better changes I can make to the world. I don't do it just for fun, I do it because there are many immoral and wrong things in this world, and if they are wrong, I'd like to change them. I answer by either intuitively just figuring it out, asking others, asking resources, etc.

-I answered this above. However, I want to know everything for two reasons: 1.) Because I feel closure from knowing, I just feel the need to know, and 2.) The more I know, the better I can understand the wrong in this world, and the more changes and discoveries I can make to make it a better place for the people.

-It's hard to explain. The version of me where all of my qualities are at their best state. Smart, kind, loving, caring, creative, intellectual, and many other things as well.

-It means, in essence, I'm the one who comes up with the main ideas, the goals, the purpose of what we are doing. I'm also the ideas person, as I'm very creative. I think my Fi plays a huge role in my life, because it's how I decide what things in life are of worth and what are not.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I think you're an 1w2, maybe 4w5 but I lean towards 1w2. They say 1 is a mature 4, after all :D I think you have a 5 fix, maybe 1w2 4w5 6w5?

I agree with @alittlebear, I think you're SO/SX.

Thinking of making my own thread soon :D
I think I'm probably 1w2, because I've read some things on 4w5, and while I think I do have some 4 in me, I don't think it's my main fix. The entire attitude of 4 seems a bit...childish? Like, a childish version of my outlook. Something along those lines :p

I agree with a lot of 1w2's outlook, and how they're very ethical and moralistic as well as idealists and dreamers. However, aren't 1's supposed to be very organized?

I wouldn't say I'm naturally organized, but when there is a project I need to do or a cause I want to advocate for, I'm extremely dependable and reliable and I always get my things done. Otherwise, I'm a unstructured slob, but for those things I really care about, I will actually get them done. What could this indicate? @alittlebear

Edit: 1's are supposed to be very organized, and unless it's important, my organization really is horrible. Thoughts?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
I was a bit more hostile as a teenager. Hostile like an angry kitten.

I'll get back to this. If anything, I can start a thread and we can compare because you remind me of my teenage self here and there.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I think I'm probably 1w2, because I've read some things on 4w5, and while I think I do have some 4 in me, I don't think it's my main fix. The entire attitude of 4 seems a bit...childish? Like, a childish version of my outlook. Something along those lines :p

I agree with a lot of 1w2's outlook, and how they're very ethical and moralistic as well as idealists and dreamers. However, aren't 1's supposed to be very organized?

I wouldn't say I'm naturally organized, but when there is a project I need to do or a cause I want to advocate for, I'm extremely dependable and reliable and I always get my things done. Otherwise, I'm a unstructured slob, but for those things I really care about, I will actually get them done. What could this indicate? @alittlebear

Edit: 1's are supposed to be very organized, and unless it's important, my organization really is horrible. Thoughts?
I personally don't think it's Enneagram related. Besides, you say so yourself that when you know something is important you're organized.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts

If 1 truly fits you best, I wouldn't let something like your personal lack of organization interfere with your identifying as 1. You're a teenage NFP, it makes sense for you not to be very organized.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw what makes you so sure of being so last?
I changed my mind on that :p

I'm still not even close to sure about type 1, so please, if you have other opinions I'd love to know ^^

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
You care a lot about helping people, bettering humanity. That seems pretty SO to me. Could you share how you identify with SX, SP, SO?

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
1 - 20 of 129 Posts