Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The idea is to post things that make you happy, happy thoughts something good that happened, compliment someone here or somewhere else, etc. etc.

I'll start with:

Today was a pretty good day. We got a chance to visit people in Grand Isle (kind of giving away where I live, I guess) and I got a chance to use my Van Gogh umbrella. Yeah, it's a tiny thing but I'm kinda easily amused, lol.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
No more than five minutes ago, I got off the phone with my sister. We had yet another enjoyable conversation. That phone call from her made me very happy.

My best friend told me yesterday he bought two used bikes. They are cobalt blue in color. I'm happy he's happy.

It's very quiet here especially for a Friday night. I like it this way. This makes me happy.

I can go on, really. The simple joys in life make me very happy.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I suppose little occurences may be considered happy. If one only cares about the positive aspects of your entire day, but, whatever

I got to wake up naturally this morning even though I'm 19 and should anyway regardless of when someone else thinks I should sleep. I got to babysit my nephew. Happy for the first 30 min. And then I fed him potatoes. And he puked them back up. and then he wanted more food and I was tired of feeding him. Then he crapped his pants. And then my sister doesn't arrive at 7 to 7:30 like she said. She calls at 8:30 and says she'll be late. and then I nearly died from heat exaustion it's so hot in this house. I mean seriously...Seriously? 78 degrees is not the norm temperature for houses. saying turning it lower wont make it cooler. I understand the standpoint if it is 70 inside, and it is originally set on 68, turning it lower won't help. It is too hot at 78 degrees moron. Turning it lower will make it cooler. I can't say anything because the moron doing it is my dipshit father who he himself can't take the answer no. Oh, get this, he says my Cleveland cousin is spoiled and can't take the answer no. Well, when have you ever been told no moron? and then we were having an argument about something and my mother kept getting swept off as nothing. Well, yes, she was stating nothing. But then I said a valid argument against his and he says "Now you shut up!" Well, obviously I have no power to express my argument because he would easily avert the argument to me being in HIS house. Therefore dillipadating the reason for the argument. He himself is a moron. Much like the gay idiot on survivor. No, he was an idiot and was gay. Ban me, I don't give a rat's ass. But I couldn't say anything. I was ignored and brashed for being literally smarter than that sleasy bastard of a father. He didn't tell mother to shut up, no. She is a frail woman. She should tell him to fucking listen to how dumb he is. A temper tantrum of a child that couldn't listen to the other side of the argument. Thinking you own the argument and no one else can have good reasons is unperceptive. Grr. yes, those two or three happy material things always outweigh the crap that gets shoveled on this planet...:rolleyes:
Oh, yes, I believe I just trolled. and a :shocked:to happy people.

I do realize this has been a very emotional and profanity stupified post by an INTJ. It's 2:41 in the morning and I'm pissed I have to work for free on the farm in 4 hours...:dry:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've been going through some really rocky places in my relationship. I broke up with my boyfriend, got back together, broke up, acted like we were together...extreme limbo land. [And I used to make fun of the off-on people, but I understand now, haha]
But for the first time in about a month or more, I am feeling at peace with the uncertainity. I am having faith that if we are supposed to be together, things will come together, and I see that if we just aren't meant to be, I can be happy and great without him.
Just because we were together for so long, it was incredibly awkward at first to be without him. But I feel like I belong to myself again and am getting together more with old friends and excited about it! I know that may not seem like a big deal to be happy about, but after that storm, it feels really great to feel alive again! :]

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I've got two books I'm in the process of reading as well. After I clean up a tad in here, the rest of the weekend is open. This week was kinda... odd so the prospect of a quiet weekend is great. I'm very content as of now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Haha thanks! @Ntuitive Im glad someone's laughing with me and not at me for a change. =D

Lets see, things that make me happy...
Well for starters there is the discovery channel, my dog, girls, Jesus, ummm sour patch kids, socks.

Alot of things make me happy! But right now I would have to say headphones, because my roommate decided today was the day to watch season 3 of gossip girl... Oh how I love my headphones right now..

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Yesterday I got this in a PM..
I cannot name names because it's against the site rules nor would I put anyone on the spot.
I always feel that people here find me somewhat cold, abstract, impersonal, big picture focused and yet, way too exact for their liking.
My in box has a few PMs that would perhaps provide evidence against this self assessment.
None have ever quite made me smile like this one.

I thank so many of your posts on the boards, but I wanted to personally tell you that everything you say is like magic.
The world seems like a better place after knowing someone with your perspective and insight is in it.

I appreciate your mind, and I just thought you should know that you make an impact.

·
Registered
414 Posts
No more than five minutes ago, I got off the phone with my sister. We had yet another enjoyable conversation. That phone call from her made me very happy.

My best friend told me yesterday he bought two used bikes. They are cobalt blue in color. I'm happy he's happy.

It's very quiet here especially for a Friday night. I like it this way. This makes me happy.

I can go on, really. The simple joys in life make me very happy.
I helped someone out that Friday night, and helped them to realize where there priorities should really be and they actually listened and are more determined than ever to keep everything in their life in the proper place. So that was awesome. I was extremely forward and hard hitting but I sprinkled it with humour and they were none the wiser....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yesterday I got this in a PM..
I cannot name names because it's against the site rules nor would I put anyone on the spot.
I always feel that people here find me somewhat cold, abstract, impersonal, big picture focused and yet, way too exact for their liking.
My in box has a few PMs that would perhaps provide evidence against this self assessment.
None have ever quite made me smile like this one.
I wish I could tell my INFJ that he has changed my life forever. He has made his mark, he has become my strength in a manly way, he has made me feel complete without even seeing me in person, and he has my heart for eternity. But then again, he has yet to ask me out on a date even, so I doubt the guy will ever know. Pedestalled. One Word. xoxo *sad sigh*

·
Registered
186 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts