Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

So this is my first thread and I could use some help (from anyone to clarify). This is a classic story of a hopeless romantic. I've known this girl for a pretty long time now and haven't expressed how I really feel about her although we are obviously attracted to each other (I'm almost positive she's also INFJ fwiw). We just graduated college, live about an hour away from each other (both with our parents for the time being), and are both uncertain about where we're headed.

I suppose I'm just trying to figure out if this is all too much and she'll just want to run for the hills if i send this letter to her...

I'm also wondering if sending this is a terrible idea all together and maybe I should just read it to her the next time I see her... anyway... here it is :blushed:

I realized the best way for me to get what’s on my mind across to you is if I write you a letter. My verbal communication isn’t terrible but when I write I can truly express what’s on my mind. Here goes.

I don’t know what you think about the term ‘soul mate’ but I have come to a conclusion about what I think. In life, people have many soul mates. The family members you’re closest to, your best friends, your lovers, and the ones who truly get closest to your heart are all your soul mates. That list seems pretty long but when it comes down to it (and from what I’ve found) soul mates are few and far between.

I truly believe you are one of my soul mates, ******. I tried to put into words what I feel like when I’m with you and I can really only come up with analogies; how hands cross perfectly together, how two spoons fit perfectly on top of each other (no pun intended [ok maybe pun intended]), and yeah I’ll have to use that cliché ‘fits like a glove’ because I like it the best. It’s weird when we’re together because it’s so not weird. I’d say it’s the opposite of weird; it’s more like… right.

You’ve made me realize what it is that I want in a relationship and have shown me how I can feel with someone. No one else has come anywhere near this close to bringing me completely out of my shell. I joke that I don’t know how to relax. When I’m with you, I know the feeling all too well.

I’ve shown you about 95% of me and I want nothing more than to begin to show you the rest. It’s a big 5% but I want nothing more than to share it with you. I’m scared because I feel like if you read this and don’t want to give 100% of yourself to me, I’ll lose that closeness with you. That being said, I’ve given too much already and I can’t help but want to give you all that I have to offer.

So where do we go from here? Our futures are uncertain and we’re still relatively young. That being said, right now, I do know that I want to be with you. So let’s get dinner or stay in and watch a movie. Let’s lay under the stars and dream of the future. Maybe you can see my band play or you can visit for a weekend and come with me to six-flags. We can go to an art museum or just go to a park and take in the scenery. We make quite a pair, you and I; let’s see what we can dream up together.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your letter is very nice; however, if I were you, I would direct it more at her. For example, instead of saying "you are one of my soul mates," I would just say "you are my soul mate." Your letter is very honest and I think she will appreciate that. I wish you luck and let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :happy:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Reading this, I had to do a couple double takes because it almost feels like I wrote it.

I am a HUGE fan of stuff like this. I really like the line "
It’s weird when we’re together because it’s so not weird." May have to steal that.

I wish you all the best. Let us know how it works (admitted I am bit selfish in saying that. part of me needs to know that letters and gestures like this still work).

·
Banned
748 Posts
It's perfect as it is. The letter 100% you, so you should leave it like that instead changing anything on anyone elses advice, because then it would be like 80% you and 20% stranger from the internet.

But thank you so much for sharing it with us! Hearing of loves like these take away my fears of the future being less than it needs to be and sort of strengthen the bond I have with the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is so sweet and honest! I love how it's just dripping with sincerity. Sending it is a good idea, I think. It will let her know just how strongly you feel for her and how serious you are about the relationship. It's good that you stated it very plainly and clearly. Sending it to her is better than reading it because it will give her some time to soak it in without being forced to give a reaction immediately. If someone read me that, I would most likely feel a bit uncomfortable because I would know that they would be watching me really closely for my reaction. I would still adore it, though.

Also, I'm with ohnoezitsjoez. I would love to hear how she reacted to it!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
As a curious and hopelessly-romantic INFP, I had to pop in and read your letter. I agree with the others completely; it's perfect.

I've had at least one situation in my life in which I've wanted to write something like that to a certain someone... but I could never bring myself to do it. Probably part of that is that I'm a Fi user more so than an Fe user, and the other part is because it's a relationship that couldn't ever have happened regardless. Anyway, I'll spare you my sob story and simply wish you the best of luck! :) I'd melt into a puddle of intensely-overwhelming emotions in the very best way possible if someone wrote me a letter like that. Haha.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
I loved your letter, it is just perfect :)
I wish you the best and of course, I also would like to know what she says about it! :)

Reactions: Mankaroni

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everybody for the encouraging words. It is sent and I am nervously waiting. It just couldn't stay in anymore, you know? Whatever the result, I needed to tell her how i feel.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I am rooting for you. It take a lot of courage to be this candid. Best of luck and please keep us posted on her response. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
edit- you sent it already. good luck! ^_^

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So what happened? :laughing:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yeah! I'm so glad you sent it! I'm starting to realize that love is risk. It's tough to put yourself out there, you know? Keep us apprised! FWIW, I recently sent a similar postcard. I have no hopes of response, but... but... Better to express and have lost than never to express how you feel.

Plus... honestly, even if there's a small possibility she doesn't feel the same way, no one would ever dislike receiving a letter like that. It's such a nice feeling to know that someone cares about you and you are loved.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
For the record, we are going to try to be friends. Our connection is undeniable but maybe not in the way we originally saw it. Time does reveal many truths, it seems.

If anyone wants anything more detailed, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Stray_Arrow
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.