Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing this wonderful thread http://personalitycafe.com/nfs-temperament-forum-dreamers/5290-sensitive-needy-lonely-people.html I found that it was just wonderful and gives people the strength they need to go on. So I got the idea of creating something similar to that, but since I can only speak for myself (dom Fi :tongue:) I decided that I would start with writing a letter to myself (and hopefully I can help others with what I wrote). Other users who feel like they have something to write to themselves or others could also post here as well. I want to do this because life can really get depressing, and it's nice to know there are people who care somewhere.

Dear me,
I'm sure you've realised by now that you're always subconsciously finding ways to look at yourself as unlovable and worthless. How many times have you lamented to yourself that all caring and altruism towards others is all conditional and meaningless? Finding relationships to be meaningless as you would have to say goodbye to everyone sooner or later, you shut yourself away, in your own world of fantasies. You wish that you were invisible, because life would be so much more uneventful if you didn't have to go through the fear of rejection every time you interact with someone. But the thought of being alone is scary, and you repeat the cycle of interaction, withdrawal and depression.

You're really bent on finding a romantic partner, because to you, people will only care about others if they are family, or are romantically attracted to someone. (Heck, sometimes you doubt the family one!) When you find out that someone is interested romantically in someone other than you, you find the relationship pointless and consider giving up on it entirely.

But think carefully about it. Think of your closest friends, who were there to support you when you were in the depths of depression. Are they romantically attracted to you? I'd think not. So how do you explain their concern and love towards you? True, people might do altruistic things for others because they are romantically attracted to a person, but that's driven by romantic attraction, and romantic attraction isn't really something that people can easily control and change (if at all). What's even more precious than that is when a person consciously chooses to care, to be friends, to connect with and support you without that romantic attraction. There are people who would jump at the chance to be close to you, and if you were sad, I'm sure that they would be too.

So stop feeling so inferior about yourself. You've felt like that for longer than you can remember, and there's no way that you could change all that at once. But that's all fine. As long as you remember this, you will never be alone. Think of all the people who care about you, and you'll see that you're not as inferior as you think yourself to be. You'll see that even if everything in life goes wrong, for those people who care about you, there's no way you could just give up on things.

Always remember that you are special, and there are people who think that. You ARE special, even if you don't think yourself to be.

Sincerely, me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm having trouble finding words today. But this was just beautiful. Thank you.

Reactions: JessBunny
1 - 2 of 2 Posts