Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to determine if i suffer from a mental illness or am just a istp. here is some facts about me

bad child hood
Struggled as child with death of father
Always been rebellious
Dedicated gym user and boxer
Been to prison for beating up police, armed robbery and firearms
Accepted long sentence and apart from being bored alot never cared about being put away
Struggle with authority and enjoy being able to control others
Have drank heavily, used ecstasy, cocaine and steroids
Feel no remorse for anything i have ever done
Pretend to care about people and be there friend if it can benefit me
Ride motorbikes and dont ride as i should
Enjoy breaking rules
Good at influencing others and knowing what others want to hear
Prefer my own company to being around people
Very fast learner but also can suffer with short term memory
Loyalty and trust are extremely important to me
Dont care about laws and live by what i believe is right and wrong

I act very different from others and often become very energetic, i dont watch tv or listen to radio.

I spend most my time working (struggle to contain myself and do what i am supose to), training at the gym or reading up on random subjects.

I have no respect for life including my own and strongly believe after death there is nothing so it doesnt make a difference when we die.

Despite what i have said, i do not come across as aggressive and am polite, i would go as far as to say i am over polite and friendly

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Wow, Tommy, I can totally relate to most of the things you said. I'm pretty similar to you, except that I manage not to get into too much trouble with the law. I guess that's because I care too much about my freedom, I'd die in prison.

I think you might have some depression signs, like not giving shit about your life. I wouldn't jump to conclusions too fast and say you have antisocial disorder. After all, drugs can mess up your sense of self. Aggression (it doesn't have to be expressed outwardly) and disregard for everyone and everything could be a mix of depression, tough childhood and loneliness. I know it was for me. Think: Do you think you could genuinely care about people if they were worthy of it? If you can, you're normal, not antisocial or anything.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dedicated gym user.Prefer my own company to being around people. Very fast learner. Dont care about laws and live by what i believe is right and wrong. I act very different from others and often become very energetic. I spend most my time working (struggle to contain myself and do what i am supose to), training at the gym or reading up on random subjects. I have no respect for life including my own ...... so it doesnt make a difference when we die.
These are some of my own treats. I was ISTP, now am a borderline ENTP. As a rondom person I guess you have anti-social disorder though I`m not psychologist so it`s just an opinion. Maybe ISTPs are more likely to be anti-social.

·
Banned
492 Posts
Maybe anti-social personality disorder...and check out oppositional defiance disorder too, if its a real thing.

Remember though, these "disorders" are really just labels for certain learned behaviors. These are just your ways of coping with shit that is thrown at you, in the midst of a justice system that is completely ineffective. I mean a fuckin retarded monkey can tell you that using authoritarian ways of controlling people is just going to make them resist the control...Its really not your fault.

You clearly have emotional trauma and anger that is bottled up, using the gym or cops faces to escape.

You as a person are not "bad" at all im sure. The whole system we live in will make you think bad about yourself, but you really arent, trust me. There are two roads you can go by...but in the long run, haha...the road you choose determines your free will and sense of autonomy. The two roads are a false reality, and in tune with reality....relative to culture of course. You have chosen to take the path of the real reality, meaning you are in tune with what the real situation is, which is fantastic. Many people take that trauma and create a false reality to take comfort in. Giving themselves false labels, and desirable traits.

You have taken the longer, and more difficult path, bruising you up, but in this case, what doesnt kill YOU makes you stronger. By creating a fantasy life, you would be ignoring you self, leaving it to rot and die...

Right now, your behaviors seem to reflect antisocial personality disorder, but these are really all ways you have learned to cope with reality. At least you are trying to cope with it, rather than ignoring it, right? As a child, you probably couldn't trust anyone, especially after your dad died, and had a very un-disciplined life. Maybe nobody cared about you, or maybe you got fucked over by something. Now, you cant trust anyone, and dont let anyone control you because you had no control as a child, and now you are compensating for it.....again, another victory for our justice system, being so aware of the psychological of "offenders"....lets try to sometimes physically control people who have been conditioned to completely resist being controlled.....makes me fuckin sick.

Dont let these labels, like a personality disorder, get to you though. Im guessing you are only polite to people who respect you, which is the way it should be. Cops dont respect you, and they let you know it. They see you as just another fucked up motherfucker, goin in and out of jail.......LISTEN though. You need to feel bad for those cops, and those people who judge you the same way. They obviously have no fuckin idea what they are talking about, and are ignorant. They make assumptions about you, and disrespect you, before they even know you. Fell bad for them, and pity them, because they clearly have much less of a sense of reality than you do.

Instead of fighting people, remember that the greatest insult, and the only thing more effective than fists of fury, is doing the complete opposite and telling them that you forgive them for being so stupid. Wish them luck that one day they will have as much control over life and sense of reality as you do. It is the greatest attack because you are letting them know that they are being controlled by other people and cant think or fend for themselves. Make people who disrespect you aware of this.

·
Registered
603 Posts
cluster B personality disorder(s), bipolar disorder or depression, PSTD, ADHD/behavioural problems are all possibilities and it's also quite possible for you to have some comorbidity.

either way, MBTI is probably not going to shed much light as it is for "healthy" individuals and a lot of what you describe is not healthy.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I was ISTP, now am a borderline ENTP.
Could you please stop doing that?
There's nothing wrong with mistyping initially while you learn the system, and there's nothing wrong with mistyping due to being stuck in a rut of some sort. But that's all there is to it: Mistyping. You don't suddenly get your brain rewired so you "become" a different personality type.

@TommyM87: The tendency to not like authority is pretty ISTP-like. Having it go so far as to actually commit crimes is not related to your personality type, though. There's always a choice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you really want to know the answer I suggest talking to a professional. That is not saying that we don't know psychology, but most of us can't be bothered or care to talk to someone for that long in order to give an accurate diagnosis. Seeing your face and behaviour in person makes a big difference than what could be a typed out lie (plus, a lot of people have distorted images of themselves). Don't take online tests, every one of them would force a likely false diagnosis on you one way or another.

As for the people who suggested antisocial personal disorder, yes that can be one way, but there are numerous other reasons that can cause the symptoms stated. You have to find out WHY you're doing this rather than WHAT you're doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts