Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the longest time I thought I was a 1 but after looking deeper I don't think it's me. I consider myself a principled person but not obsessively critical of myself in fact I tend to accept my flaws and give myself constructive criticism. Just a little backstory...Right now I'm struggling with 3 or 9 or maybe still 1 even. +3I can be obsessed with completing a goal, sometimes I'll challenge myself to do stupid things that waste time like open a candy wrapper using one hand. I always have some goal in mind even when I'm not working on that goal. I was much more active as a kid and the drive to do something someone thought I couldn't do has been a life constant.-3I'm truthful to a fault. It's not something new It's always been that way. I don't show off or like show offs, in fact I've been called modest. I can have extreme bouts of laziness where I'm just tossed to the wayside though I do get angry at myself for being distracted. That's become a more adult problem. I guess the main problem with the 3 typing is the popular notion of being desperate for attention and doing anything to get it. I don't even remotely relate to that idea. I refuse to sacrifice my sense of identity to appease people. Typically if I don't belong some place I just withdraw. I'm extremely reclusive in fact, not because I want to be but rather I don't really connect with people easily.+9It's easy for me to relax! I over sleep, can daydream (though it's usually about completing a goal), and it's much easier for me to take a break doing something that to start. If I had to symbolize myself one symbol one definitely be a cloud. No worries, super relaxed, everything will be great. I'm usually the one to calm someone down or deflate a situation. I wasn't always this way, probably peaked my early 20s. It's kind of been a detriment to my productivity really-9I'm not agreeable. I can definitely try to smooth over my opinions but I always give my real opinion on things.. I’m kind of a wet blanket to be honest. As a child this was even worse I pretty much had no filter! I remember as a kid telling a story about a cockroach being on my toothbrush. I thought it was hilarious. My teacher gave me a toothbrush and my mom was embarrassed I even told anyone, it wasn't til' I was older until I picked up how that might have made them feel, oops!Other…I entertained the idea of 4 for a while but I don't struggle with my emotions. I do try to understand what it is I'm trying to tell myself but I don't dive into my emotions for the experience.I sometimes test as a 5 and I probably come off pretty 5-ish. But I only tend to learn things if they're useful to me or stimulating to hear about. I don't relate to the quest for knowledge for the sake of knowing even a little,I haven't completely ruled out 1. I can be pretty critical especially when I’m busy and I'm really good at sticking to my principles but I don't really identify myself with valuing myself primarily on virtues. My principles are more in the line of... that's not the person I want to be and to betray that is to betray myself, which sounds more image triad-ish.I'd say I went through 3 periods in my life.In my childhood I was carefree, family oriented, and much more assertiveIn my teen years I became the opposite, reclusive, disciplined, work oriented, and focusedAs an adult I've been more soft, laid back, tolerant, and understandingBut I've always been truthful, goal oriented, stubborn, and a tad eccentric.Any takes? Also been wondering my tritype.317 937 yadda yadda, I get the feeling 7 is in there but I know I'm not a 7 which makes it hard to account for that heavily withdrawn part of me..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Repost with PARAGRAPHS |: |

For the longest time I thought I was a 1 but after looking deeper I don't think it's me. I consider myself a principled person but not obsessively critical of myself in fact I tend to accept my flaws and give myself constructive criticism. Just a little backstory...Right now I'm struggling with 3 or 9 or maybe still 1 even. +3I can be obsessed with completing a goal, sometimes I'll challenge myself to do stupid things that waste time like open a candy wrapper using one hand. I always have some goal in mind even when I'm not working on that goal. I was much more active as a kid and the drive to do something someone thought I couldn't do has been a life constant.-3I'm truthful to a fault. It's not something new It's always been that way. I don't show off or like show offs, in fact I've been called modest. I can have extreme bouts of laziness where I'm just tossed to the wayside though I do get angry at myself for being distracted. That's become a more adult problem. I guess the main problem with the 3 typing is the popular notion of being desperate for attention and doing anything to get it. I don't even remotely relate to that idea. I refuse to sacrifice my sense of identity to appease people. Typically if I don't belong some place I just withdraw. I'm extremely reclusive in fact, not because I want to be but rather I don't really connect with people easily.+9It's easy for me to relax! I over sleep, can daydream (though it's usually about completing a goal), and it's much easier for me to take a break doing something that to start. If I had to symbolize myself one symbol one definitely be a cloud. No worries, super relaxed, everything will be great. I'm usually the one to calm someone down or deflate a situation. I wasn't always this way, probably peaked my early 20s. It's kind of been a detriment to my productivity really-9I'm not agreeable. I can definitely try to smooth over my opinions but I always give my real opinion on things.. I’m kind of a wet blanket to be honest. As a child this was even worse I pretty much had no filter! I remember as a kid telling a story about a cockroach being on my toothbrush. I thought it was hilarious. My teacher gave me a toothbrush and my mom was embarrassed I even told anyone, it wasn't til' I was older until I picked up how that might have made them feel, oops!Other…I entertained the idea of 4 for a while but I don't struggle with my emotions. I do try to understand what it is I'm trying to tell myself but I don't dive into my emotions for the experience.I sometimes test as a 5 and I probably come off pretty 5-ish. But I only tend to learn things if they're useful to me or stimulating to hear about. I don't relate to the quest for knowledge for the sake of knowing even a little,I haven't completely ruled out 1. I can be pretty critical especially when I’m busy and I'm really good at sticking to my principles but I don't really identify myself with valuing myself primarily on virtues. My principles are more in the line of... that's not the person I want to be and to betray that is to betray myself, which sounds more image triad-ish.I'd say I went through 3 periods in my life.In my childhood I was carefree, family oriented, and much more assertiveIn my teen years I became the opposite, reclusive, disciplined, work oriented, and focusedAs an adult I've been more soft, laid back, tolerant, and understandingBut I've always been truthful, goal oriented, stubborn, and a tad eccentric.Any takes? Also been wondering my tritype.317 937 yadda yadda, I get the feeling 7 is in there but I know I'm not a 7 which makes it hard to account for that heavily withdrawn part of me..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh quick note. The website is broken or something, can't do paragraphs even using html. Sorry for the wall of text.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts