Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those single ISTJs: Do you know what type you are looking for as a partner? If yes, please state which type and why.

For those married/In-a-relationship ISTJs: Which type are you currently with and how does it work out so far?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Search SWMBO, niss, and ENFP, for more than you ever wanted to know.

Reactions: Rhee

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I like ISFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, and ESTJ.

I don't know. But I like compatibility more than the complete opposite.
I'd like to be able to communicate with my partner and we can understand each other easily.
Everyone's different. :laughing:
hm yeah I second this ^

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
^^ummm, I'd disagree with it being optimal, simply because I've found the J/P differences to be the sources of the greatest conflict in the relationships I've observed. Personality page is really good, but their relationship pairings--not as much.

·
Registered
125 Posts
^ Yeah, I was wondering about that. I seem to recall you mentioning that in another thread. I haven't typed enough people IRL to be able to make a judgement either way, so I can't speak from experience~

·
Registered
65 Posts
Apparently "the ISTJ's natural partner is the ESFP, or the ESTP. ISTJ's dominant function of Introverted Sensing is best matched with a partner whose personality is dominated by Extraverted Sensing." From PersonalityPage

I wouldn't say esfp's are optimal for istj. Istjs do what worked in the past and stick with that, while esfps try everything and see what works. And based on my personal experience, they are too flaky for my taste.

And yeah, and Niss mentioned, I like MBTI's descriptions, but their relationship stuff REALLY needs some work. And hate me for saying this, but I think their functions could use some work too...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If niss is right then it's ideal for ISTJ to have an ESFJ based on this theory:
1. opposites attract (I vs E)
2. same information gathering (S)
3. Thinking and Feeling (supposedly to balance each other out - lover vs thinker)
4. both judging (know what they want - can easily be on the same page)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
3. Thinking and Feeling (supposedly to balance each other out - lover vs thinker)
Sounds like an ideal type match up to me. Just not TOOOOO much F. I can only handle so much F in one person.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
YMMV; no offense to ESFJ's in general of course but I get drained sooooooooooo much being around them. The "E" combined with the "F" is almost too much for me, which is strange, because I get along just fine with my ENFJ coworker. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts