Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 9w8 359 autistic empath old soul
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM ABSOLUTELY FUMING WITH RAGE RIGHT NOW. I LIVE IN A GROUP HOME AND THAT ONE GOOFY AND CREEPY AND SADISTIC ENFP MEMBER OF STAFF WENT FOOD-SHOPPING TODAY, AND BECAUSE I REQUESTED CHOCOLATE KRAVE CEREAL, HE WENT AND GOT IT. HOWEVER, I LIT UP WHEN I DISCOVERED IT WAS ACTUALLY THE HAZELNUT ONE WHICH IS NOT VEGAN. FUCKING TI BLINDSPOTS! I CAN NEVER TRUST THAT ENFP SHITHEAD FOR ANYTHING! IN THE PAST HE HAS TOOK ABSOLUTELY AGES AND AGES AND AGES WHEN I REQUESTED TO BE PICKED UP SOMEWHERE, AND HE UNCONSCIOUSLY WANTS TO MAKE ME FAT FOR SOME REASON BY SHOVING UNSOLICITED PACKETS OF CRISPS (WITH MILK IN) IN MY SCHOOL PACKED LUNCH OR OFFERING SUGARY NAKD BARS AS A REWARD.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I don't think it's a ti blindspot. Everyone makes mistakes like this; I introvert thinking and I struggle with noticing small details. I doubt it was done on purpose.
I understand the anxiety you feel, and I know overcoming an eating disorder must be incredibly difficult and stressful, as well as living in a group home where you have little control over your life.
If you're getting counseling for anxiety, this might be a good opportunity to learn coping skills, because unfortunately getting the wrong cereal is likely not going to be the worst thing people will do to you, in life.
Also nothing wrong with venting on here. Some people like IDTS might complain and get irritated, but what they think of you doesn't amount to much anyway, because they don't really know you or what you go through anyway.

·
Registered
Stealth Warship
866 Posts
I AM ABSOLUTELY FUMING WITH RAGE RIGHT NOW. I LIVE IN A GROUP HOME AND THAT ONE GOOFY AND CREEPY AND SADISTIC ENFP MEMBER OF STAFF WENT FOOD-SHOPPING TODAY, AND BECAUSE I REQUESTED CHOCOLATE KRAVE CEREAL, HE WENT AND GOT IT. HOWEVER, I LIT UP WHEN I DISCOVERED IT WAS ACTUALLY THE HAZELNUT ONE WHICH IS NOT VEGAN. FUCKING TI BLINDSPOTS! I CAN NEVER TRUST THAT ENFP SHITHEAD FOR ANYTHING! IN THE PAST HE HAS TOOK ABSOLUTELY AGES AND AGES AND AGES WHEN I REQUESTED TO BE PICKED UP SOMEWHERE, AND HE UNCONSCIOUSLY WANTS TO MAKE ME FAT FOR SOME REASON BY SHOVING UNSOLICITED PACKETS OF CRISPS (WITH MILK IN) IN MY SCHOOL PACKED LUNCH OR OFFERING SUGARY NAKD BARS AS A REWARD.
And how were you planning on punishing this ENFP for the infraction in question?

·
Registered
ESTP 5w6 583 SLE-Ti SO/SP Dc; The Magician.
18 Posts
And how were you planning on punishing this ENFP for the infraction in question?
Idk, but somehow i found this one is too funny 😂

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
7,661 Posts
He sounds like someone I know. I don't think you can really depend on an ENFP to be anyone's nanny. Quaternary Si, and all. 😄

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
7,661 Posts
Yeah, we suffer from tiny Si Syndrome. He should be happy, the person remembered to buy him cereal let alone the flavor type. :unsure:
It's probably not just about the cereal but all of the side stuff that's probably also going on. Also, maybe the OP really has a strong preference for chocolate only and doesn't like chocolate hazelnut. Not everyone likes hazelnut, including me, as I'm not a fan. :geek: Ultimately though, ENFPs don't make for good... butlers(?) or maids, ENTPs are better in that regard. Because of Ti instead of Fi.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It's probably not just about the cereal but all of the side stuff that's probably also going on. Also, maybe the OP really has a strong preference for chocolate only and doesn't like chocolate hazelnut. Not everyone likes hazelnut, including me, as I'm not a fan. :geek: Ultimately though, ENFPs don't make for good... butlers(?) or maids, ENTPs are better in that regard. Because of Ti instead of Fi.
ENFP are INTP's supervisee type in socionics, and this is why the ENFP ended up buying the wrong cereals and pissing off the OP with their Ti PoLR.

The OP should get his dual type an ESFJ to help him buy his cereals in the future. Buying the correct cereals requires one to be good at both Ti and Si, and ESFJs happened to have both of these functions in their top 4 functions, and dominant judging types also tend to be more attentive to details as compared to dominant perceiving types, so ESFJs would naturally be good at these type of tasks.

Reactions: Scoobyscoob

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
7,661 Posts
ENFP are INTP's supervisee type in socionics, and this is why the ENFP ended up buying the wrong cereals and pissing off the OP with their Ti PoLR.

The OP should get his dual type an ESFJ to help him buy his cereals in the future. Buying the correct cereals requires one to be good at both Ti and Si, and ESFJs happened to have both of these functions in their top 4 functions, and dominant judging types also tend to be more attentive to details as compared to dominant perceiving types, so ESFJs would naturally be good at these type of tasks.
Could be. ENFP could also be exasperated INFJ too. You never know with these things unless you actually test people in person. 😄

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
7,661 Posts
No, INFJs aren't (can't be) irritating like that. Maybe also XSFP would get it wrong.
No, I'd trust the OP that the person he's describing is really ENFP or INFJ. I was suggesting maybe the OP may be INFJ and that might be why he doesn't like ENFP's (or possibly INFJ) behavior, as he's expecting It but getting Fi instead. Also, the setting is a group home and sometimes one person has to be caretaker for several people and asking for a specific brand and kind of cereal when it may have well been sold out too, and expecting to care that the cereal wasn't an exact match might not be taken seriously, as already evident in this thread.

Like I was saying, the person the OP is describing sounds like an ENFP/INFJ I know, which is why I said anything to begin with.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,196 Posts
No, I'd trust the OP that the person he's describing is really ENFP or INFJ. I was suggesting maybe the OP may be INFJ and that might be why he doesn't like ENFP's (or possibly INFJ) behavior, as he's expecting It but getting Fi instead. Also, the setting is a group home and sometimes one person has to be caretaker for several people and asking for a specific brand and kind of cereal when it may have well been sold out too, and expecting to care that the cereal wasn't an exact match might not be taken seriously, as already evident in this thread.

Like I was saying, the person the OP is describing sounds like an ENFP/INFJ I know, which is why I said anything to begin with.
Ok, didn't realise you were saying the OP could be an INFJ; I thought you meant the ENFP could be an INFJ.

It also does sound like something an XSFP could do though. And that could also irritate an INFJ.

I wonder now if I would get annoyed over something like this; I learnt early on not to expect people to get things right and it's better to do everything myself, but the OP is quite young so maybe hasn't learnt this yet. I do think however that in the past this could have upset me if I was specifically looking forward to a certain thing and someone got me something I didn't even like instead. I wouldn't now, but I'm not a teenager. Now I would just blame myself for asking someone to help me instead of doing it myself, because people get things wrong. All the time.

Does this make me an INFJ also?

·
exploring space
9,675 Posts
I've seen this mistake happen by almost any type in my life. ISTP ISTJ ENTJ INTP ESFJ ISFP ESTJ to name a few in my close circle and ofc I've done it myself too.
My ESTJ grandma had war traumas and tried to forcefeed us all.

Calm the fuck down.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,566 Posts
I would also like to point out when I actually care about the person I'm shopping for I can remember everything about them, including what types of stuff their allergic to and if they hate hazelnut. No, I don't make a good maid but I do keep a very clean house compared to an INTP I once lived with and an ENTP. Though that could be because I was raised by an ISTJ mother. I don't let the mess get to me for a day or so but I still do clean. I also still lose items in a clean house. lol.

If I was going out shopping for a food item list and bought chocolate hazelnut cereal, it most likely was due to the fact I wasn't paying attention to the labels and just grabbed one that said chocolate but didn't notice the other part. Or I deliberately wanted to enrich the people's lives within the home and wanted to try something new for them. I love trying out new flavors. Though the INTP that lived with me for over a year never had this type of meltdown in regards to cereals I purchased. He wasn't that anal. He would just come up to me and tell me, this new cereal you bought taste bad. I would make a mental note to avoid it the next time. The ENTP would have just told him, "Who cares, you didn't purchase it. I did. When you have your own money you can purchase your own cereal."

I also agree with @Red Panda , I've seen this mistake done by my mother who is an ISTJ. She didn't do it often but it would happen and she was pretty good at details.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've (ENFP) got gluten issues, and THREE times in a row I've bought the non-gluten free ravioli for myself because the packaging looks the same and they are next to each other on the shelf. If I eat that shit, I'll get hives that last for 3 weeks. I'm obviously just passive aggressively just fucking with myself, or a complete idiot. But because I'm the better man, I'll forgive it.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
7,661 Posts
Ok, didn't realise you were saying the OP could be an INFJ; I thought you meant the ENFP could be an INFJ.

It also does sound like something an XSFP could do though. And that could also irritate an INFJ.

I wonder now if I would get annoyed over something like this; I learnt early on not to expect people to get things right and it's better to do everything myself, but the OP is quite young so maybe hasn't learnt this yet. I do think however that in the past this could have upset me if I was specifically looking forward to a certain thing and someone got me something I didn't even like instead. I wouldn't now, but I'm not a teenager. Now I would just blame myself for asking someone to help me instead of doing it myself, because people get things wrong. All the time.

Does this make me an INFJ also?
I was saying perhaps either could be INFJ who aren't getting along. It sounds like there's a lot of stress involved either way, and living in a group home where you're essentially living with a bunch of strangers with very few caretakers is a stressful environment. Especially since the OP has said he has an eating disorder, anorexia specifically, and the home is now trying to forcibly make him gain weight. So it would be easy to take anger out on a caretaker, who is also probably the victim here. Also, I don't see any reason to doubt your INTP typing.

I would also like to point out when I actually care about the person I'm shopping for I can remember everything about them, including what types of stuff their allergic to and if they hate hazelnut. No, I don't make a good maid but I do keep a very clean house compared to an INTP I once lived with and an ENTP. Though that could be because I was raised by an ISTJ mother. I don't let the mess get to me for a day or so but I still do clean. I also still lose items in a clean house. lol.

If I was going out shopping for a food item list and bought chocolate hazelnut cereal, it most likely was due to the fact I wasn't paying attention to the labels and just grabbed one that said chocolate but didn't notice the other part. Or I deliberately wanted to enrich the people's lives within the home and wanted to try something new for them. I love trying out new flavors. Though the INTP that lived with me for over a year never had this type of meltdown in regards to cereals I purchased. He wasn't that anal. He would just come up to me and tell me, this new cereal you bought taste bad. I would make a mental note to avoid it the next time. The ENTP would have just told him, "Who cares, you didn't purchase it. I did. When you have your own money you can purchase your own cereal."

I also agree with @Red Panda , I've seen this mistake done by my mother who is an ISTJ. She didn't do it often but it would happen and she was pretty good at details.
For someone who doesn't have much else, food is good for one's mood, and something as small as getting the right cereal can be a big deal in some circumstances. Most people have never been in trying situations in say, the military, so most people don't know how much of an effect food has on morale. It may not seem like a big deal to most of the people here in this thread, but getting food you like vs food you don't much care for will have a noticeable effect on one's own emotional wellbeing in difficult situations. The difference between chocolate and chocolate hazelnut perhaps just matters a lot to the OP. I'd think of it like waking up already in a bad mood and then being served runny eggs with sausage, when I specifically asked for sunny side up with bacon. Two seemingly inconsequential swaps that would have an effect on how good of a morning you'd have, but getting what you want when it comes to something as simple as breakfast matters. :)

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,566 Posts
For someone who doesn't have much else, food is good for one's mood, and something as small as getting the right cereal can be a big deal in some circumstances. Most people have never been in trying situations in say, the military, so most people don't know how much of an effect food has on morale. It may not seem like a big deal to most of the people here in this thread, but getting food you like vs food you don't much care for will have a noticeable effect on one's own emotional wellbeing in difficult situations. The difference between chocolate and chocolate hazelnut perhaps just matters a lot to the OP. I'd think of it like waking up already in a bad mood and then being served runny eggs with sausage, when I specifically asked for sunny side up with bacon. Two seemingly inconsequential swaps that would have an effect on how good of a morning you'd have, but getting what you want when it comes to something as simple as breakfast matters. :)
I'm not stating someone not getting their specific craving doesn't get them in a bad mood. Where did you pull that out of? Or why is it being brought up?

But on the other hand, I don't make a thread on the internet, whine about it to a bunch of strangers in all caps about how my cereal was wrong by someone I think is a specific MBTI, with their typist point of view. I don't care if you wake up and your wife gave you runny eggs instead of the sunny side up. Boohoo. Life is too short for that shit. Soon he's going to make a post about how his bubble bath is the wrong scent. Telling someone that they're highly overreacting, to chill out, and fuck off is the reaction some of us sane people can give someone when they're going out of their way to scream about the wrong cereal on a forum.

I don't know why you're quoting me, I just pointed out that your logic is a little skewed if you think an INTP is a better maid than an ENFP because of Ti Vs Fi. One thing neither one of us, is going to want to be a maid for long unless we're being forced into that situation because the person is trying to make ends meet and gets saddled with privilege Karen up there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts