Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im totally being a stalker right now. i was going through Bob's facebook pictures, and i came upon one where it was a picture of him and his close friend at a birthday party or something.

Bob's caption was "miss you friend." Someone else commented "wish you stayed" (referring to the friend, after some of the initial comments). Another comment was "oh! this reminds me of the time we..." Based on these comments, my initial reaction was "oh, he mustve moved far away or left the area or something and people miss him" but THEN i scrolled down and the last comment was "you (Bob) brought so much joy and happiness into (name of friend)'s life..." so after reading the last comment... i was thinking that this friend is someone that passed away.... what do you think? that's what my gut feeling is saying.

also, one of the other comments was "wish you stayed" which makes me think that then this person consciously chose this decision.... so now i wonder.... suicide? or im reading too much into the "joy and happiness" comment and this person simply moved out of the area. But based just on this, what do you guys think?

and Bob is the person i like... turns out he does have a fb and we added each other... everything about him is still a mystery to me. hard to explain, but when we first met, we didn't stand out to each other but the more i interact with him, the more drawn i am to him and feel like he is a mystery i am solving. this strangely keeps my mind off of other thoughts right now (feeling depressed, numb, etc). the fact that i am curious to know about someone reminds me im alive.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sheesh zwanglos.... :bored:

curious though - what are your thoughts based on those comments? i feel like if i can figure this out, i can understand better why he is the way he is

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
My thoughts are moving is commonplace and a higher probability event. Suicide is very rare, it shocks people way more but it is still pretty infrequent. With suicide people don't post "wish you have stayed" in someone's FB either, but something usually more inspirational or sorrowful. Sounds like typicall FB smalltalk ensuring after a friend moves away and is turning into an internet acquaintance now :p

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This comment threw me off though: "you (Bob) brought so much joy and happiness into (name of friend)'s life..."

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that quote is usually used in obituaries or memorials.... so thats what got me concocting this crazy story in my head.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I would take this statement to mean they were close friends, but this friendship was unequal and he was more engaging/happy one of the two. And others felt this. They felt that he was like injecting happiness into another person's life. I wouldn't think all the way down to suicide, though of course such a possibility still exists. I'd think it was a more melancholy friend, may be somebody who had propensity to whine/complain to others about being unhappy, or was even depressed/down on his luck in life. For example I used to know a guy who was frequently getting dumped and he would become moody because of it and express it, actually he'd become moody for slightest things and sometimes rant, and another girl was always supportive of him in these times, but she was just a friend they didn't date, so about somebody like that I'd comment that she was bringing happiness into his life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts