Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I'm a new member but certainly very aware of the MBTI personality typing. The funny thing is that I still haven't really figured out my own type, even after settling on either an INFJ or an INTP. It's something I've been trying to figure out for the longest time and I'm STILL trying to pinpoint it exactly.

This explains a bit why I'm here, but I was also looking to meet other people that are rather understanding on the concept of personality types, and to meet some unique individuals that are out there throwing along abstract ideas with one another.

To describe myself, I'm a realistic optimistic idealist and a mature young man with a heart of a child. I love talking about ideas, but doesn't lose track of the reality set around me. Still, I tend to be a little gullible and naive (high expectations at times), but my mind is a steel trap when it comes to taking in information and it likes to analyze a lot of things like crazy; never really finding the time to turn itself off. Video games and computers are my favorite pastime and I will generally spend a lot of time on them whenever I want to chill from work or other things; usually playing old and new Nintendo & Sony consoles, surfing the web or talking to friends across the internet. The other time, I'm usually researching on something that I'm really curious about, trying to discover more of myself and other people that I know, seeking answers of universal questions that I might have about life.

As you can tell, I'm pretty big on writing and I definitely want to write a non-fiction book someday that will possibly give others some answers they might be asking or at least help others think a little bit more. The main idea is to try and better the world in some way either by example of living how I am or providing some wisdom or insight that sparks a revolution of new, exciting thought. At least, that's what I hope to do anyway! I'm also a pretty good judge of character and certainly stick to being very honest with people; my conscience is very hard on me and that along makes it difficult for me to lie to others. However, that's all thrown out the window in the manner of gamesmanship, where the role of the player takes the lead there!

I love talking about anime/animation, chess, psychology, sociology, amusement parks, current events, popular culture, the weather and pretty much life in general. I hope to get more acquainted with this place and to meet some folks around here!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Stebol and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Stebol. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hello there, I'm a new member but certainly very aware of the MBTI personality typing. The funny thing is that I still haven't really figured out my own type, even after settling on either an INFJ or an INTP. It's something I've been trying to figure out for the longest time and I'm STILL trying to pinpoint it exactly.

This explains a bit why I'm here, but I was also looking to meet other people that are rather understanding on the concept of personality types, and to meet some unique individuals that are out there throwing along abstract ideas with one another.

To describe myself, I'm a realistic optimistic idealist and a mature young man with a heart of a child. I love talking about ideas, but doesn't lose track of the reality set around me. Still, I tend to be a little gullible and naive (high expectations at times), but my mind is a steel trap when it comes to taking in information and it likes to analyze a lot of things like crazy; never really finding the time to turn itself off. Video games and computers are my favorite pastime and I will generally spend a lot of time on them whenever I want to chill from work or other things; usually playing old and new Nintendo & Sony consoles, surfing the web or talking to friends across the internet. The other time, I'm usually researching on something that I'm really curious about, trying to discover more of myself and other people that I know, seeking answers of universal questions that I might have about life.

As you can tell, I'm pretty big on writing and I definitely want to write a non-fiction book someday that will possibly give others some answers they might be asking or at least help others think a little bit more. The main idea is to try and better the world in some way either by example of living how I am or providing some wisdom or insight that sparks a revolution of new, exciting thought. At least, that's what I hope to do anyway! I'm also a pretty good judge of character and certainly stick to being very honest with people; my conscience is very hard on me and that along makes it difficult for me to lie to others. However, that's all thrown out the window in the manner of gamesmanship, where the role of the player takes the lead there!

I love talking about anime/animation, chess, psychology, sociology, amusement parks, current events, popular culture, the weather and pretty much life in general. I hope to get more acquainted with this place and to meet some folks around here!
Hello!
I hope you'll have fun here and discover your type :)
Well, at the beginning I was crazy, researching everything about typology systems, wanted to find my type desperately. Then there were times where I thought it's all bu**/(&&/(%**. Other times everything fit and everything was exciting and so on.
It's definitely worth learning it because you learn a lot about yourself and/or others.
At the moment I'm more in the position that I don't take these typology systems too seriously. Like real borders between the type.
But yeah I would like it if they all were flawless and real psychologists would research more about it, but it's not the case.
Keep in mind that we're all amateurs here. Some will know more others less but no real experts.
If you wanna learn the theory you could start with MBTI and the cognitive functions. Or directly with the more complex and more "scientific" Socionics. Enneagram is worth looking into if you're interested in your fears and motivations.

Well, you love talking about the whether, so I was wondering what makes it interesting to you.
First I should mention that I live in Europe and it's pretty cold at the moment and raining. It actually winter but there was not a lot of snow this winter, only a few days. I heard in the US it's much warmer and you need air conditioners and I think there are a lot of hurricans?! I never saw one here. Hm.. that was all the interesting stuff about the wheather, haha... oh yeah we measure in degrees. At the moment I have 22 degrees in my room.

I was currently thinking if I could be an INFJ or INFP instead of an INTP. But in socionics LII (INTj) is still the best fit I'd say due to reinin dichotomies.
Do you already know about Socionics or Cognitive functions or are you borderline T/F and J/P?

For computer games I'm currently playing Dark Souls 2 and learn how to lose over and over again ^^ nice lesson.
Actually I should learn for two important computer science exams... *procrastinate*

Well, have fun here, visit the subforums and so on! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts