Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to women: have u ever approached a guy and initiated conversation with a guy that you were attracted to?

men: what would be your reaction to this?

this happened to me the other day. I was working on a set for a play in one of my theatre elective classes. I went to the 'green room' to get some coffee and one of the girls started talking to me. there arent many theatre majors and i notice they are a unique group of people. usually more outgoing and less socially blocked by social norms. They are easily able to be themselves. They're like louder artsy types...

Anyway a girl asked what my name and major was that day. Her friends/classmates were with her in the room when she said hi. She was a complete stranger. I didn't know how to react to this situation. It was completely unexpected. The girl was pretty good looking too. I may find her in the same spot tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I probably wouldn't clue in immediately that she's hoping for my penis in or around her mouth. However, I'd probably end up in your position and think about it, only later realizing that she does. If I'm interested, I'd find her and admit I'm slightly awkward, yet interested.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's kind of easy to tell I mean someone that social doesn't need more friends. Most likely if a girl is starting up conversation with you (especially if you didn't even acknowledge her before) then she wants your d.

Wish I could edit the title. Speaking of that, is the 'never' in your sig wrong?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Most likely if a girl is starting up conversation with you (especially if you didn't even acknowledge her before) then she wants your d.
some people are just social. and a lot of them have no idea that there are people who LIKE to be alone. so they want to help the poor introvert who's longing for social contact. or she wants to form solidarity in classes and therefore actively integrates strangers. or she was bored with the loud chitchat and was hoping for a more interesting conversation...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeesh, how about this. Don't worry about your penis and her mouth. Try this thought on for size. Just talk back. Whatever happens to pop into your head. Even if it's something that is socially inappropriate, as long as it's genuine. You maaaay find some commonality. She might appreciate the thoughts in your head. It's called making friends. There is value to it.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Most likely if a girl is starting up conversation with you (especially if you didn't even acknowledge her before) then she wants your d.
Asking you for your name and major? Are you serious? She was probably fed up with seeing you constantly moping around in the background and she wanted to lighten the atmosphere. Extroverts do that. Other people's silence is uncomfortable for them.

Little does she know what she's gotten herself into. You'll probably be stalking her next.

·
Registered
282 Posts
When this happens to me (common thing, gotta brag ya know) I just ignore, dismiss and/or behave like a dick.

9 times out of 10 they come back for more.
When yer eager, you shoot yourself in the foot.
And 8 times out of the 9 you don't want the ones that come back. The chicks that are attracted to people who treat them badly have issues. ;)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I do this to guys I like, guys I don't like, guys I'm indiferrent about... I don't like seeing people uncomfortable in a situation (unless I'm the one making them uncomfortable). So I go say hi and be their friend until they come out of their shell enough to do that themselves.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
In short:

Guys think that girls who talk to them just wanna have "fun".
Girls think that they're just being nice. (not taking into account the situations that DO exists where the girl has been hankering after this guy for a month and has just mustered up the sand to talk to him)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Asking you for your name and major? Are you serious? She was probably fed up with seeing you constantly moping around in the background and she wanted to lighten the atmosphere. Extroverts do that. Other people's silence is uncomfortable for them.

Little does she know what she's gotten herself into. You'll probably be stalking her next.
Well the girl wasn't with me. I was just working and building stuff outside of class cuz we are assigned a certain amount of hours to do that. I'd never seen her in my life and I was just making coffee, about to leave the room when she talked to me. But yeah not too many strangers go in there, and probably not without talking...could be you're right. I've just never been wrong in making that assumption that a girl who talks to me first is attracted to me in that way. I guess it's all the little nonverbals, randomness and other factors that play into just having a hunch.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
...That was crude. Should not have said that.
But seriously. I would not put too much stock in this.

Big deal. Some girl initiated conversation with you.
Hell, her friends probably dared her to talk to you.

Either way, I recommend my former advice and just be a jerk.
You will feel better about yourself.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In all my experiences a girl that initiates contact is more attracted than a girl who doesn't. That's pretty much how I operate with girls. I really don't make a move unless I get a signal to do that. They're the people getting hit on all the time after all. So really it's not up to me. It's up to them.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.