Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother received a piece from my step sister and she asked me what this shiny affect was over the painting. I couldn't answer her because I honestly don't know since I'm beginner to painting. At the moment I'm trying to look for it on the internet and can't seem to find any information. Believe it's some type of shiny toping over the painting. If you'd like to see the item, please let me know and I'll post it up.

Please respond to this thread if you know the answer. Thank you! :happy:

I'm just very clueless to all of this at the moment, haha!! :typingneko:

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Is it a gloss or is it more metallic?

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,197 Posts
My mother received a piece from my step sister and she asked me what this shiny affect was over the painting. I couldn't answer her because I honestly don't know since I'm beginner to painting. At the moment I'm trying to look for it on the internet and can't seem to find any information. Believe it's some type of shiny toping over the painting. If you'd like to see the item, please let me know and I'll post it up.

Please respond to this thread if you know the answer. Thank you! :happy:

I'm just very clueless to all of this at the moment, haha!! :typingneko:
is it varnish of some kind? or like a luminous effect? is it clear? pearlescent? it is traditional to varnish paintings after they are done. (at least over acrylic paint and i think oil too)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yea sometimes people spray a coat of some kind of preservative to keep the paint intanct and not smear if things rub against it.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it varnish of some kind? or like a luminous effect? is it clear? pearlescent? it is traditional to varnish paintings after they are done. (at least over acrylic paint and i think oil too)
It's clear of some kind. I'm just not sure what it is. Believe it's used over the painting once it's finished.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts