Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you enjoy nursing?...as in taking care of people....it doesnt come naturally to me....

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Not the career, but I like to take care of people I care about, of course. Not just anyone.

Reactions: Monkey King

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I'm an ENFP and I can't stand nursing, and I am a nurse, lol! I'm presently a stay at home Mom. I do not like the same routine everyday, which includes the housewife bit, so I'm currently looking into new things. I did enjoy having different patients whenever I went in, and I enjoyed changing things up, like the unit I worked on (from cardiac, to post partum, to neuroscience, etc.) because it gave me some variety. I do not particularly enjoy taking care of all people. Those who were abusive and manipulative were draining in high doses. You want so badly to give them a piece of your mind, but instead, you have to remain professional...obviously. However, I was very good at taking care of people despite not always enjoying it. I always had happy patients and even when they or their family members had complaints, I was very good at resolving them and diffusing the situation. This was very draining though, because again, many times I felt like saying "well, I know why that nurse treated you that way...because you're a pain in the ass!" but of course, I couldn't say that.

So, yes it comes naturally to me, but I don't necessarily enjoy it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I will help random people but I wouldn't make a career out of it. I get little to no enjoyment out of taking care of strangers.

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm an ENFP and I can't stand nursing, and I am a nurse, lol! I'm presently a stay at home Mom. I do not like the same routine everyday, which includes the housewife bit, so I'm currently looking into new things. I did enjoy having different patients whenever I went in, and I enjoyed changing things up, like the unit I worked on (from cardiac, to post partum, to neuroscience, etc.) because it gave me some variety. I do not particularly enjoy taking care of all people. Those who were abusive and manipulative were draining in high doses. You want so badly to give them a piece of your mind, but instead, you have to remain professional...obviously. However, I was very good at taking care of people despite not always enjoying it. I always had happy patients and even when they or their family members had complaints, I was very good at resolving them and diffusing the situation. This was very draining though, because again, many times I felt like saying "well, I know why that nurse treated you that way...because you're a pain in the ass!" but of course, I couldn't say that.

So, yes it comes naturally to me, but I don't necessarily enjoy it.
That's where I am. I get so bored and unmotivated when I am not constantly challenged.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
That's where I am. I get so bored and unmotivated when I am not constantly challenged.
You are a stay at home mom too? I think that's why I like forums...because of conversations that can be very stimulating. Otherwise, I talk to two year olds all day long! Lol! I'm possibly going back to school in the fall, we shall see.

Do you know yor enneagram? I can surely say that being a 7 is what explains why I loathe boredom so much.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You are a stay at home mom too? I think that's why I like forums...because of conversations that can be very stimulating. Otherwise, I talk to two year olds all day long! Lol! I'm possibly going back to school in the fall, we shall see.

Do you know yor enneagram? I can surely say that being a 7 is what explains why I loathe boredom so much.
Freaky. I have two year old twins and I'm a 7 also. 0.0

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Do I enjoy it? No.

Am I willing to do it? Yes, for my family.

I'm not particularly good at it, nor do I have the attention span for caring for others for long periods of time, but I'll put some effort in if it needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Do I enjoy it? No.

I'm not particularly good at it, nor do I have the attention span for caring for others for long periods of time, but I'll put some effort in if it needs to be done.
+1

too short

Reactions: MNiS

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much agree with @wiarumas and @Nighty88. Maybe a more technical or impersonal position would work but nursing is otherwise not a profession I'd be naturally drawn to.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do I enjoy it? No.

the same with me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.