Personality Cafe banner

A question for xNTJs..

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  HippoHunter94 
#1 ·
What motivates you to be organized?

#2 ·
I get stressed if I don't. So it's for the sake of my sanity.

If I don't write down lists, the thoughts stay in my head, going around and around, which stresses me. I know I'm pretty forgetful, so if I don't put things on a calendar and leave reminders for myself, I'm in a chronic state of feeling like I'm forgetting something (even if I'm not), which stresses me. And I've found that having even a little bit of clutter stresses me.

Reactions: SalvinaZerelda
#4 ·
I can't keep track of all the thoughts running in my head so the important ones will have to go on paper in case of a brain fart, something that rarely happens but is still deadly. That said, I'm not one for restrictive lists either because then it just gets overwhelming so that's where prioritizing comes in.

Other than that, I really just like to highlight things I've completed with my pink marker.

#8 ·
Self-Identity values personal power -> the ability to handle the complex and the quantiful -> what works? organisation.
I am not an organised person, just organised for the things I care for.
Image values can make someone house-organised and well as organised in accountable environments for their team and colleagues.

Reactions: wiarumas
#9 ·
Confession:

Over the past year I have been an absolute mess. M.E.S.S.

I have not be behaving like an NTJ at all. I've been so lazy. It all started when I became apathetic about college, and it spilled over into my whole fucking life. I still plan big stuff, but I feel like I've fallen off the horse and its been very hard to get back up on it.

I have a lot of loose ends to tie up since Ill be graduating in June and moving abroad so Im getting the engine revving up again. Im losing weight currently so I feel like Im building that stamina (so to speak) back up. I find that because I couldnt control my learning environment and bend it to work for me, that it has caused the rest of my life to fall apart. Im not proud myself AT.ALL.

#13 ·
I'll second the many thoughts that phase in and out of awareness. If I don't transcribe its essence, 90% chance says I'll forget it within 10 minutes.

Philosophically, the external realization of an idea is a culmination of many threads that have converged into what is aesthetically remarkable. That which is "aesthetically remarkable" often exudes a greater impetus/direction towards 'truth' and so provides positive feedback for our drive for meaning. Absurd?

#16 ·
CONTROL. Once you become disorganized, you start to lose control of your life. Imagine losing your tax forms or your passport.

-buries head under sand-

#17 ·
I'm not very particular in orderliness and cleanliness of my surrounding (e.g. clothes in a pile, books, where such this and that are placed, etc.). I can tolerate messiness, as long as not very messy. I clean and organize every once in a while.

But I am organized in such things as personal files, documents, pictures, plans, and any abstract kind of organizing. Sometimes I write down my to-do list so I can cross out what has been done and focus on accomplishing what to do next.

Edit: Accomplishing task or something and freeing my mind of worry about something left undone are what motivates me to be organized.

#19 ·
My emotions.

You are actually asking why our emotions encourage us to be organized.

Because Te is our auxiliary or dominant, and Fi is tertiary or inferior. Thus, our values and emotions support and encourage the cognitive preferences of our auxiliary and dominant functions. This is the basic theory of Jungian cognitive functions in a nutshell.

It's that simple.

A better question would be, why do some xNTJs live a disorganized lifestyle?

The answer is almost as simple.

Because, it is one thing to know what must be done. It is entirely another to feel that it must be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.