Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I'm Abbi, an ENFP. For the longest time, my best friend has been an INFP. We get all the same internet jokes, he deals with my hyperness and philosophical ponderings, I deal with his perfectionist side and his quietness. Lately though, i've been realizing something. I think he's into me! :blushed: He is kind of loud... ish for an intp around me, he goes on and on and on about the latest "whatever" he's into, and, most importantly, he'll give up his Wikipedia time to be with me! :shocked: So, how do you know if an intp likes you? (Sorry if this has been posted before.) And another thing, is it usual for you guys to seem "emotionless" and then the next day seem like an infp? He has those moments...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Probably been asked before.

Is he an INFP or INTP?

IDK about INFPs but INTPs tend to try to be unemotional. Our emotions tend to come out in pure short bursts of happiness and openness I suppose.

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my god... you grammar freaks. Definetly (don't comment on that!) INTP. It's like little... waves? of angsty rocker guy. Then he's back to intp. Most likely sleeping after that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't know whether he is into you romantically . . . but I can say that if he is an INTP, gives up his "Wiki time" for you and tells you "whatever" he is into, then he at least considers you to be important and worth his time and energy.

Who knows? Maybe he even likes you . . . but you'd be better off not expecting him to make a move or whatever you gotta do to show interest . . . if you are interested too then your best bet would be to show your interest in a very upfront and obvious manner . . . anything unobvious or "cues" may just pass over his head.

PS It's definitely :p

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will try to be as grammatically correct in this post as possible. Because if there is one thing I can't stand about you giys (and there is only one! ;) It's you'r grammar obsession. Correct me on pop culture quotes or something. I love my crappy grammar.
(just joking around, you were a big help!)

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Thanks. I will try to be as grammatically correct in this post as possible. Because if there is one thing I can't stand about you giys (and there is only one! ;) It's you'r grammar obsession. Correct me on pop culture quotes or something. I love my crappy grammar.
Lol, I guess I just lost my INTP card, I didn't even notice the spelling mistake till I read it like 5 times over. :tongue:

It sucks, but I definaetly agree about it being easier if you make the first move. We tend to be awkward around this type of thing and many of us would just not bother, since it could lead to rejection and embarassment (inferior Fe insecurity). You gotta make it pretty explicit with us. :wink: But do also be warned...we tend to be cagey and might be skittish about revealing our true feelings, or perhaps dance around the question. A fellow NP should appreciate our fear of being boxed in. Just don't move to quicky and you won't spook him...if he's interested.

·
Registered
322 Posts
No problem. Obsession with grammar is something like OCD for me . . . I have to point it out when I see it. For example it's guys not giys and your and not you'r and you never closed the open bracket. :shocked:

And what is this pop culture you refer to?

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Err... let's try to find common ground. Anime, anyone?

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, I guess I just lost my INTP card, I didn't even notice the spelling mistake till I read it like 5 times over. :tongue:

It sucks, but I definaetly agree about it being easier if you make the first move. We tend to be awkward around this type of thing and many of us would just not bother, since it could lead to rejection and embarassment (inferior Fe insecurity). You gotta make it pretty explicit with us. :wink: But do also be warned...we tend to be cagey and might be skittish about revealing our true feelings, or perhaps dance around the question. A fellow NP should appreciate our fear of being boxed in. Just don't move to quicky and you won't spook him...if he's interested.
I know what you mean. It's just... I can be scared of rejection. (I'm an F, what can I say?) But, knowing him, the worst that will happen is.... AAAHHH! Okay... that was a joke. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I know what you mean. It's just... I can be scared of rejection. (I'm an F, what can I say?) But, knowing him, the worst that will happen is.... AAAHHH! Okay... that was a joke. Thanks!
I think the skittishness and the not really knowing what to say to you would more likely be the "no" answer. I can't speak for all INTP's, but I hate saying things like that outright. Again, because of the Fe insecurity, many of us doing or saying anything that would possibly offend people and can be quite paranoid about making sure that doesn't happen (unless we're really pissed with them of course, hehehe).

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I'm not sure how old you are, but throw some cues out there and perhaps he'll make a move. I really hope we're not as socially inept as some put on.

Also, perhaps he seems like an INFP because he is mirroring you. This is not uncommon. It helps us relate to people.

I could say for certain he's comfortable around you, but you'll have to make your own deductions given the way he acts around you on whether his behavior indicates he has feelings for you.

But both of you sound young, though. Perhaps you should go to the ice cream parlor and see if he wants to share a banana split with you. Yeah, I'm out of touch. I don't know what you crazy kids do these days.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I give up my reading time for my ENFP friend frequently whenever she comes over. I also tell her everything cool I'm currently toying with (not delving into too much technical detail, she seems to not be responsive to that). I also act abnormally emotional around her. It's because she creates a really cool atmosphere of comfort and mutual interest. I'm not into her, but many people think that I am due to this.

Could be either way with your guy. I'd probably act no differently even if I was interested in this friend! lol

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Next time you see him, give him a blank stare and go:

You: You, me, date... let's go
Him: *silence* .... okay.
You: Get dressed. 45 minutes, meet here.
Him: *silence* .... okay.

Up to you to think of a place. I wouldn't disagree or deny such a request... but that's just me.

*hey... what do I know.*

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Hey there. I'm Abbi, an ENFP. For the longest time, my best friend has been an INFP. We get all the same internet jokes, he deals with my hyperness and philosophical ponderings, I deal with his perfectionist side and his quietness. Lately though, i've been realizing something. I think he's into me! :blushed: He is kind of loud... ish for an intp around me, he goes on and on and on about the latest "whatever" he's into, and, most importantly, he'll give up his Wikipedia time to be with me! :shocked: So, how do you know if an intp likes you? (Sorry if this has been posted before.) And another thing, is it usual for you guys to seem "emotionless" and then the next day seem like an infp? He has those moments...
um, well I can surf wikipedia anytime, including from my phone, so I'd easily give it up to be with a friend I liked.

We lock up our emotions. Sometimes we feel ok to let them go.

But now when it comes to close platonic relationships where I like spending time with her. I try to keep feelings at bay, even denying to myself feelings I may have. So I'm betting a romantic relationship could develop, if you give him signs that you would be into it. You may have to give him lots of signs since he may doubt what he's seeing, lol. He may not act otherwise.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I think the skittishness and the not really knowing what to say to you would more likely be the "no" answer. I can't speak for all INTP's, but I hate saying things like that outright. Again, because of the Fe insecurity, many of us doing or saying anything that would possibly offend people and can be quite paranoid about making sure that doesn't happen (unless we're really pissed with them of course, hehehe).
And the fact that she is a friend that is clearly important to her. He is probably scared to death to screw that up by making a move, even if he desperately wanted to.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That wasn't a grammatical problem, it was a spelling problem. People on this site are generally pretty groovy and don't nit-pick a lot when it comes to that stuff, but you can see how it would be confusing listing two different MBTI types for the guy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts