Personality Cafe banner

After you get home for the evening, you...

• take your jewelry off soon/right away

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • leave it on for the evening

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don't wear jewelry but want to vote!

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is directed towards anyone who wears jewelry on a fairly regular basis! (This does not include, for the sake of the poll/question, jewelry such as piercings which are not regularly removed)

When you get home and are done with whatever you do in the day, do you tend to leave your jewelry on, say until you go to bed, or do you like to take it off right away? It might vary on the jewelry, but what to you tend to do more? And why?

Personally, I usually like to leave it on, unless it's a pair of heavier than usual earrings or a bracelet that gets in the way a little. I think really I just love being a little more dressed up, even if slightly, whenever I can. It just makes me a little happier, and isn't that worth it? :)

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
It is an extremely rare occasion when I actually wear jewelry but whenever I do I take it off as soon as I get home.

Reactions: Snowflake Minuet

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I take off all my jewelry as soon as I get home. I even take off my wedding ring. I do this because I want to protect my belongings and not lose them while working around the house or other things. I also shift into comfort mode when I am at home. I also tend to change into more comfortable clothing as well. I take off my shoes and socks too because they feel restrictive. I guess the jewelry tends to feel restrictive to me in a way too. But when I'm going out and want to present myself in a certain way, I don't feel like they are restrictive. It's only when I'm at home that I feel that way. I also don't like having shoes on because I don't want to get the house or furniture dirty. And yeah, it's just more comfortable to me that way.

I will however, keep my makeup on until right before I go to bed for similar reasons that you keep your jewelry on!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I only wear jewelry when I'm leaving the house, and when I come back home, I get changed into my home clothes. The jewelry comes off with the rest of my outside outfit.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The only jewelry I wear is a watch, and the only thing that comes off faster when I get home are my shoes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually wear it 24/7. When I sleep, when I shower, etc. I've, as of writing this, had it on for about 2-3 months without taking it off.

Mainly because it's just a watch.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The only jewelry I wear is jewelry I wear 24/7... which basically means just a small necklace and really thin, small gold hoop earrings. I basically forget I have even have it on. But if you're going to do that, you have to splurge and get high-quality metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts