Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you get periods do you ever get emotional? even tho you have a "T" in your personality type. it might be a weird question, but you don't have to answer it.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Sort of...mostly moody and very agitated, sort of manic and I'm not even bipolar.I didn't have much of an issue with PMS until I turned 25, it's been really awful for the past year.

Less emotional than very anxious and unable to make a lot of sense for a few days during the week before my period, it seems to wind down a little right before it starts.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I get cramps and that makes me moody, maybe a bit agitated. I sometimes brood during my period, more than usual. I guess you can call that "getting emotional".

It's nothing some Tylenol can't fix, though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When you get periods do you ever get emotional? even tho you have a "T" in your personality type. it might be a weird question, but you don't have to answer it.
You're a dude. You want to know. I applaud your courage in asking.

I don't get particularly emotional, but when I'm about to start my period I notice that everyone around me becomes about 6 times more idiotic than usual. I have a much lower tolerance for stupidity than normal, and things can get ugly. So it's not exactly when I'm ON my period, but my five day rage is like an evil prelude to it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I get emotional the week before. I can't control hormones so I could get upset over a movie or commercial... and I get extra moody and argumentative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, my periods do not affect my emotional state in the least. I do have some (normal I'd say) ups and downs - you know, a very mild cyclothymia that's rather popular in humans today - but it's not related to menstrual cycles.

·
Registered
672 Posts
This has been asked before....

No. But my periods are "controlled" by artificial hormones. So I'm a ratbag all of the time.

Reactions: Doomjr

·
Registered
314 Posts
I do not tend to get moody before or during my period...I stay pretty level. However, sometimes I get killer cramps and I might have a bit of short patience then because I'm in extreme pain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't get the emotional ups or downs. I do get very nasty cramps if I do strenuous exercise the first day of my period.

It took me quite a long time to pay enough attention to my cycles that I avoided say, going running, when I was due to start.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
During the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, where the lining of the uterus is being broken down, progesterone is higher in women, and there is a coorelation between higher progesterone in women, and lower serotonin. This does not happen to such a great extent in some women as it does others. Some one them may feel little to no symptoms from the decreased serotonin (dysphoria) - but others may have it at the other extreme of the scale, and feel very dysphoric. This is why the rage and depression.. or, PMS. But, in those who have such extreme cases its called PMDD. Now to answer your question, yes, I happen to be one of the unfortunate women who has PMDD. My serotonin is depleted during my luteal phase. The thing is, I know that its the culprit.. I am so familiar with it happening that I can feel that things in my brain are different the first day of each luteal phase. I compensate by not putting myself in situations that will annoy me. I am basically out of commission for a week a month, before menstruation actually begins. I can feel the first signs of serotonin stabilizing in my brain again a few days before I start to menstruate.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I think I become INFP the week before mine. lol I wish I didn't though.
Lol.. this would be a pretty funny thread but not a good idea: "Ladies, what MBTI type are you when you are having PMS?" And I would have to say that I would be a very very bad example of an ESFJ gone terribly wrong.

Reactions: Younce

·
Registered
672 Posts
Lol.. this would be a pretty funny thread but not a good idea: "Ladies, what MBTI type are you when you are having PMS?" And I would have to say that I would be a very very bad example of an ESFJ gone terribly wrong.
Ouch. I'm glad I have never really had it :happy::happy:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
"F" is not synonymous with "emotionally unstable"... I expected better from "The Thinkers"...
Its a good thing we were joking.. its also a good thing I never expected you to get my jokes. So I guess I got what I expected from you - nothing.

Reactions: SaraBell
1 - 20 of 81 Posts