Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If other members post links to their music, are you more likely to listen to them if they are:

(a) Hosted on Youtube and embedded in the post?
(b) Hosted on Soundcloud?
(c) Available as a direct download elsewhere?
Or:
(d) You don't listen to music by forum members because you have a pre-concieved notion that it will suck.
(e) You don't listen to music by other forum members because you'd get jealous of their mad skillz.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I have posted several of my compositions in Youtube format on PerC in various parts. I got some decent views [around 100 or so] for one of the ones that I posted a lot in several threads.

I haven't yet posted any sound cloud so I don't know.

Also, there aren't any dedicated stickies for PerC musicians to post their music.

If there was a sticky, it would get more traffic and encourage more musicians to share their music. I know I would.

That said, I believe that Soundcloud on Facebook, and Youtube on PerC may be a great way. It's much more difficult if it's embedded however. If I've come across a video where I had to make an extra click to listen to it, I've ignored it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
YouTube or Soundcloud. I cannot be inconvenienced with downloading something I may or may not enjoy.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Youtube embedding is convenient, but can mess with sound quality.

I'd rather get to it easily because it's convenient, but if it's a download I'll still check it out - provided I actually know about it - because I figure that more often than not it is listenable if someone is brave enough to make it public.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'm not so fussed with SQ (for an internet release). So I should just steal some creative commons Flickr images and upload to Youtube?
Yeah go for it, I'd say. :D Quality isn't usually that huge of an issue anyway.

I've tended to use both Youtube and some times download sites for better quality versions also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts