Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some love stories aren't epic novels. Some are short stories. But that doesn't make them any less filled without love.~SATC
Love is about what's truly personal to you and the other person. It doesn't have to defined in any way to meet any set of standards. So appreciate life more.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cleanliness is next to Loveliness.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Love is when people know about your flaws but they want to be with you anyway.

·
Registered
338 Posts
"Love is not love/Which alters when it alteration finds"

"To the world, you are but one person, but to one person, you are the world"

"Love is giving someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to"

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
The art of love is largely the art of persistence - Albert Ellis

only one I can think of at the moment

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
"Now, I've often referred to this: when you say to somebody else, "I love you," it's always rather disconcerting to the person to whom you say that. If you imply that you love them with a pure, disinterested, and holy love, they automatically suspect it as being a little bit phony. But if you say, "I love you so much I could eat you," that's an expression -- a way of saying to someone -- that you attract me so much that I can't help it. "I'm absolutely bowled over by you, I'm gone." And people like that. Then they feel they're really being loved, that it's absolutely genuine."

"It is self-contradictory when a community says to a person, "You must be free," or when members of a family say to each other, "You must love me; it's your duty." What a bunch of rot! If you say to your wife, "Darling, do you really love me?" and she replies, "I'm trying my very best to do so," that will not be the answer you wanted. You wanted her to say, "Darling, I can't help loving you. I love you so much I could eat you." You do not want her to have to try to love you, and yet that is the burden you lay on people when you demand their love. In almost every marriage ceremony it is said that you must love your spouse!"

"Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command."

-- Alan Watts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love deeply.

I know this for certain, the only thing that heals is Love.

Those who love deeply never grow old.
They may die of old age, but they die young.

The greatest thing,
you'll ever learn,
is just to love,
and be loved in return.

Faces of Love by Jemarie Ragudo

Love here, love there
Love springs everywhere
Love thrills, love excites
Love enchants and delights

Love hurts, love heals
Love gathers and dispels
Love kills, love revives