Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little about me. I am a psychologist and am very interested in human interaction and motivations. I am currently studying various aspects of child abuse and why so few people care about abused children. I am also researching why so few people care about adult survivors of child abuse. I will be asking various questions on this subject so I hope everyone tolerates these questions.

And a big thank you goes to Blue Butterfly for the use of her home, time and computer. She has been a great help in furthering my research by directing me to this site.

Everyone feel free to come by my profile and say hello.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings RareBird and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum RareBird. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hello welcome to the forum :happy:.

Out of curiosity (not disagreement): What makes you say there's a lack of care for abused children?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello welcome to the forum :happy:.

Out of curiosity (not disagreement): What makes you say there's a lack of care for abused children?
Being a trauma therapist I treat only adult survivors of child abuse. Almost everyone of my clients report that there were people in their lives that knew about the abuse and did nothing to provide them with help as a child. All the classes I took for this profession never completely prepared me for the lack of care reported by these people.

And then these people report how people treat them now that they are adults and I see the same pattern over and over again in these people. They seek out help for what happened to them in the past people are abusive to them as they were when they were children.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Being a trauma therapist I treat only adult survivors of child abuse. Almost everyone of my clients report that there were people in their lives that knew about the abuse and did nothing to provide them with help as a child. All the classes I took for this profession never completely prepared me for the lack of care reported by these people.

And then these people report how people treat them now that they are adults and I see the same pattern over and over again in these people. They seek out help for what happened to them in the past people are abusive to them as they were when they were children.

It's quite a disturbing thought. Is there a particular sort of person that is sought out, or do you think people don't know how to react to finding out such extream facts, or are people just very brutal if not abused and victimised deep down? Are there any other ways we are; or people we choose to become/states we choose to enter, or is it all a case of animal dominating or being dominated? Is this oversimplifying things, or is it just the right way to pin down the basics of how we behave and relate? Do areas which might bring help tend to draw out damadged and or destructive people?

Just some slightly in need of sleep thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
11,651 Posts
Welcome RareBird from a Sparrow & a Bluejay feathered as one! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here and glean many insights! :happy:

·
Registered
268 Posts

First of all, welcome.
Secondly this is very upsetting to hear, and makes me lose even more faith in people. :frustrating:
Third(ly?)-ain't BB wonderful??!??!? :happy:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all, welcome.
Secondly this is very upsetting to hear, and makes me lose even more faith in people. :frustrating:
Third(ly?)-ain't BB wonderful??!??!? :happy:
Sorry, I don't mean to be upsetting and cause you to lose faith in people. I am just looking for answers to some of my questions. And Blue Butterfly has been so helpful. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to abuse issues. She is also very giving of her time and home and computer.

She is standing here and wanted me to say hello to you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to be upsetting and cause you to lose faith in people. I am just looking for answers to some of my questions. And Blue Butterfly has been so helpful. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to abuse issues. She is also very giving of her time and home and computer.

She is standing here and wanted me to say hello to you.

lol warm fuzzy feelings in my heart for that woman! Tell her I say hello back, and I hope din-din is yummy.

You should not be apologising for sharing information. It is not you who upset me. You know? It is most upsetting to hear this goes on and it blows me away, but I would rather know than not know..... I have some thoughts, but I think I will PM you......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol warm fuzzy feelings in my heart for that woman! Tell her I say hello back, and I hope din-din is yummy.

You should not be apologising for sharing information. It is not you who upset me. You know? It is most upsetting to hear this goes on and it blows me away, but I would rather know than not know..... I have some thoughts, but I think I will PM you......
Blue Butterfly made the best chicken and rice dinner I have ever had. She is a very good cook. I told her you said hello back. She said you have a special place in her heart too.

It is upsetting to hear about abuse but unfortunately it is a reality in this day and age. I look forward hearing from you. Blue Butterfly says I am in for a special treat. What does that mean? She would not tell me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you. This does seem to be an interesting place. There are a lot of wise people here.
*nods* I'm quite new here too and I'd have to agree, there are some interesting people here. I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to hearing your views on child abuse, a topic which greatly deserves further attention, in my opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*nods* I'm quite new here too and I'd have to agree, there are some interesting people here. I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to hearing your views on child abuse, a topic which greatly deserves further attention, in my opinion.

I agree, child abuse is one of those topics that people seem to push under the rug and not want to discuss. It is the elephant in the room that everyone knows is there but no one want to admit they see it. What not talk about that elephant? It is there whether one wants it there are not.

Is there a particular aspect of child abuse you would like to explore? It is a subject I find to be fascinating since there are so many different views on the subject.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts