Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love music. It is my primary way to escape well, everything. Music saves me from the tedious demands that life expects from me just to stay breathing. There are certain artists that when I listen to them, I am one with them. I feel like I know them, like a very close friend. The music itself, instrument wise, speaks to me, and I know exactly how they were feeling when they wrote that song. It's almost like I'm connecting with them through some kind of unmeasurable, perhaps spiritual medium. It's like they are right in front of me pouring out their feelings to me, oh so poetically... And I feel like I have to share this with someone so they can feel this deep richness too.
Below are a handful of artist that I would feel would be a sin not to share with all of you. I expect you to do the same (please?).

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Blame it on my A.D.D" by Sail
"All You Wanted" by Michelle Branch
"You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" by The Offspring
"The Scientist" by Coldplay
"It's Not Over" by Daughtry

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
I totally agree that music is one of the greatest things. I get a very intimate feeling when I listen to some bands. I typically weigh my opinion on music not necessarily on how it sounds, but how it makes me feel. As far as recent songs go these are my favourites: And yes, I REALLY love doom metal :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Reactions: lost in wonderland

·
Registered
809 Posts

And then this one too, even though it's really sad:

Also, just for fun:

But I'll stop there. Music is such a wonderful creation. It's inspiring, relaxing, invigorating, saddening, moving. They say that when you're in love "all the love songs make sense." But, the truth is, depending on your mood, there's a song for it somewhere, which is one of the best things about music.

Music rocks (pun totally intended). :crazy:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally agree that music is one of the greatest things. I get a very intimate feeling when I listen to some bands. I typically weigh my opinion on music not necessarily on how it sounds, but how it makes me feel. As far as recent songs go these are my favourites: And yes, I REALLY love doom metal :D

DOOOOOOM! Ever listen to Evoken?

Reactions: Zeta Neprok

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

And then this one too, even though it's really sad:

Also, just for fun:

But I'll stop there. Music is such a wonderful creation. It's inspiring, relaxing, invigorating, saddening, moving. They say that when you're in love "all the love songs make sense." But, the truth is, depending on your mood, there's a song for it somewhere, which is one of the best things about music.

Music rocks (pun totally intended). :crazy:
YES! Sometimes I feel music is my one true friend. It never lets me down.

P.S. That Owl City cover has me geekin' 0_o

Reactions: WanderingThoughts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two songs I think I've posted about 14 times each, here at PerCafe, over the years is:

1.) Kerry Ellis has a beautiful voice.

2.) I love your avatar.

3.) :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are some very good songs. Thanks for sharing. :)

You might enjoy listening to some Entwine.
You bet!
Entwine= not my cup of tea, but thanks for the thought! :)

Reactions: Lackjester

·
Registered
809 Posts
P.S. That Owl City cover has me geekin' 0_o
I know, right?! Owl City's album covers are the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen, and they fit his style perfectly. Beautiful scenery with enough of a surreal touch to make them amazing.

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
@InternalWonderous No, unfortunately I have not heard their stuff before. It seems like I need to order some of their stuff though, thanks for the suggestion :happy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
at the moment I've been into a lot of stuff by Cherry Ghost:
People Help the People
My God Betrays
Barberini Square

Laura Marling:
Sophia
The Beast
The Captain and His Hourglass
What He Wrote
Pray For Me
etc.

Angus and Julia Stone:
Draw Your Sword

Selah Sue:
Summertime Bring Me Joy
Raggamuffin

Dessa:
Mineshaft 1 & 2
Alibi
Dixon's Girl

Gin Wingmore:
Man Like That

The Cure: Lovecats

Cat Power: Free
The Bangles: Walk Like an Egyptian

JEFF BUCKLEY

oh and this song:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@InternalWonderous No, unfortunately I have not heard their stuff before. It seems like I need to order some of their stuff though, thanks for the suggestion :happy:
You're very welcome. Ever give the "Epic Doom Metal" genre a try?

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
You're very welcome. Ever give the "Epic Doom Metal" genre a try?
I listen to most sub genres of doom metal, so yes that does include epic doom metal. The only doom sub genre I don't really care for is pure drone.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts

It's one of timing and of regret... to want to give the best of yourself but to also remove yourself from the equation, but the other person doesn't seem to want to give a second chance... To realise that someone's love can actually reduce and remove your shadow and want to become a better person.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts