Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I know many ENFPs in the technology field- no doubt it can be a great fit. You sound really grounded, spunky and positive. :) I love that. Yeah- ESFJs do actually have uncanny intuition that with Fe- really focuses on the person they are interested in which can be smothering. But it also is the launching pad for their many grand ideas. You sound adorable- from a sensing perspective haha and use it to your advantage at work. I don't mean that to sound gross- but- appearance does make a difference in cut throat corporate culture and it doesn't matter if you look young- it's how you carry yourself. We all choose the look that we project out into the world- I have no doubt in my mind about that.
Thank you so very much. That is very, really, too kind of you. :) I really do appreciate all the kind words though. Wow.

I loved the smothering though... to a point, of course. There's always that independent streak that I have. It's knowing the line. When to pull and when to push.

You know, apparently a lot of things I have is quite cute. Is it how I write cute, too? Possibly? How would you measure cuteness in writing?

Yeah, I know it does make a difference. Image is a lot of it in terms of perception. This is why I mentioned what I mentioned. I finally got glasses and my IQ probably went up 50 points. Or, at the very least, the perception of it.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thank you so very much. That is very, really, too kind of you. :) I really do appreciate all the kind words though. Wow.

I loved the smothering though... to a point, of course. There's always that independent streak that I have. It's knowing the line. When to pull and when to push.

You know, apparently a lot of things I have is quite cute. Is it how I write cute, too? Possibly? How would you measure cuteness in writing?

Yeah, I know it does make a difference. Image is a lot of it in terms of perception. This is why I mentioned what I mentioned. I finally got glasses and my IQ probably went up 50 points. Or, at the very least, the perception of it.
Just be yourself, hang only with authentic people and steer clear of the crazies. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Really thank you for this post. I'm very newbie in MBTI compared to you but I've already managed to fall into the trap assessing people only by their types. To such a degree that I considered giving up the whole idea in order to clear relations with others and myself as well. I try not to do it again.
Once again, thanks. ;)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Really thank you for this post. I'm very newbie in MBTI compared to you but I've already managed to fall into the trap assessing people only by their types. To such a degree that I considered giving up the whole idea in order to clear relations with others and myself as well. I try not to do it again.
Once again, thanks. ;)
You're very welcome- my pleasure. I'm so glad my article resonated with you. No need to give up the entire idea. And no need to place all people into only 16 fixed boxes. There are so many other ways to describe people than just 16 ways. :) And welcome!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Once again, thanks. ;)
You're very welcome- my pleasure. I'm so glad my article resonated with you. No need to give up the entire idea. And no need to place all people into only 16 fixed boxes. There are so many other ways to describe people than just 16 ways. :) And welcome!
This article gave me a wonderful sense of balance to the whole idea of MBTI. For me, it's a great tool with which to start and then let the person tell their story and fill in their unique blanks that make them the extraordinary individual they are.:happy:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
This article gave me a wonderful sense of balance to the whole idea of MBTI. For me, it's a great tool with which to start and then let the person tell their story and fill in their unique blanks that make them the extraordinary individual they are.:happy:
:happy:

We're all unique. (No one has my fingerprint or yours!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is so funny. I can relate to this article.

Since I started studying the MBTI I started labeling everyone around me. It's what I tend to do by default now. One day I told my GF she was an INFJ Damn mistake!!! I learned the hard way how some people DO NOT like to be labeled.

Now I know better ;)

On another note: other systems like the enneagram can help out better understand how we are not just one type. Those types are only relative to a situation and are only tools to facilitate and understand human interactions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Laguna that was very good and fascinating reading. I'm new here but I have been looking at posts for a while. I always got so disheartened by the stupidity of some people's arguments about how one type was 'better' than another. It's pure logical fallacy. When you only look at someone's type you're limiting the possibilities of relationships and the wonderful uniqueness of humans, so I think people should be educated with the principles you wrote about when they start learning MBTI type theory. The only way to combat idiocy and ignorance is with education. So congratulations on a fabulous post!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Laguna that was very good and fascinating reading. I'm new here but I have been looking at posts for a while. I always got so disheartened by the stupidity of some people's arguments about how one type was 'better' than another. It's pure logical fallacy. When you only look at someone's type you're limiting the possibilities of relationships and the wonderful uniqueness of humans, so I think people should be educated with the principles you wrote about when they start learning MBTI type theory. The only way to combat idiocy and ignorance is with education. So congratulations on a fabulous post!
Welcome! And I'm so happy "newbies" are finding my article and gaining something from it. People come into these forums for different reasons. If you can recognize those that have put their type on a pedestal or put down other types in a stealth manner - you will see it for what it is and not waste time getting caught up in unproductive interactions. MBTI is not a badge of honor. (For some it is- ignore that.) It's not productive if it's become an US versus THEM construct for you. It's a THEORY that can be helpful if you don't get too caught up in it.

Have fun out here. Friend me!

Laguna :)

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
2,991 Posts
“Whatever the circumstances of your life, the understanding of type can make your perceptions clearer, your judgments sounder, and your life closer to your heart’s desire.” Isabel Briggs Myers
Thank you for this article! And for the quote! Since I first took the test(s) in early November, it has helped me embrace who i am more and I feel more comfortable with me. I already embraced, liked and even loved parts of me, but I have some people in my life who feel that I am too much, too opinionated and when I have gone through rough patches in life, I have hated me and everything about my personality that others find unnerving/annoying/unpredictable/not suited. etc.

Often I have been the person (in my family) who stands out and is often told to make myself smaller and less visible and to be more quiet... after taking the test(s) and finding my type, I have started to accept that this is how I am and all the parts of me that I love, but others (family members and sometimes even friends) have disliked are a part of my personality and who I am. There is nothing wrong with me. I am who I am, and I'm going to embrace that and love myself even more.

Your post was an inspiring read!

and although I joined this forum today and am pretty fresh to all of this I have already been given pointers by other members. <3

grateful!

have a wonderful evening!
polexia

Edit:
The friends who have disliked me I got rid of several years ago, and I write test(s) because I kept taking tests online because the first one (ENTP) fit so well it was too good too be true LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats great laguna :) i am not MBTI professional, but knowing my personality made me hold off a little on what i should share with others and not simply because they will not understand or see what i see. Thanks for the article :) keep it up :)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
thats great laguna :) i am not MBTI professional, but knowing my personality made me hold off a little on what i should share with others and not simply because they will not understand or see what i see. Thanks for the article :) keep it up :)
Glad you enjoyed it! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences/opinion with us.

I learned about MBTI a few years ago, but quickly forgot about it since I wasn't interested back then (though I have no idea why). A few months ago I stumbled upon this topic again and got "hooked" instantly. I have always been interested in psychology and related things, and after taking the test and reading my type description I realized this is not some made up BS, but actually pretty accurate and that I could use this as a great tool to learn more about myself and the people around me - both in my job and private life. I am glad that you as a "long-term-user" confirmed my assumption with your post and pointing out a mean, hidden trap even though I found it myself after falling for it in the beginning. People should be warned that the 16 personalities are not definitions of your personality but rather.. the way your brain works (correct me if I'm wrong or if you don't quite get what I'm trying to say).

As far as I know the people around me don't know about the MBTI at all, so I think it will be interesting to communicate with other people who know about (and use) it for a change and maybe learning some tips and tricks from more experienced people.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks for sharing your experiences/opinion with us.

I learned about MBTI a few years ago, but quickly forgot about it since I wasn't interested back then (though I have no idea why). A few months ago I stumbled upon this topic again and got "hooked" instantly. I have always been interested in psychology and related things, and after taking the test and reading my type description I realized this is not some made up BS, but actually pretty accurate and that I could use this as a great tool to learn more about myself and the people around me - both in my job and private life. I am glad that you as a "long-term-user" confirmed my assumption with your post and pointing out a mean, hidden trap even though I found it myself after falling for it in the beginning. People should be warned that the 16 personalities are not definitions of your personality but rather.. the way your brain works (correct me if I'm wrong or if you don't quite get what I'm trying to say).

As far as I know the people around me don't know about the MBTI at all, so I think it will be interesting to communicate with other people who know about (and use) it for a change and maybe learning some tips and tricks from more experienced people.
I'm honored your first post was on my article's thread. I thank you. :)
I would agree with you. And there's more to it as well such as our maturity and growth in our type; our mental health and stability at any given time; our stressors; our current demands and goals and obstacles in life. (I'm like the ultimate "P" but one time in my life, you might actually mistake me for a "J." lol)
So yeah - I think in our natural skin with no other factors, we might comfortably gear ourselves towards our type. But again - I'm really big on not letting it define you. These forums are really fun - but taking them too seriously or taking yourself too seriously really can turn out to be a drag.
Friend me? Good luck and have fun out here!
:)

41 - 60 of 87 Posts