Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know what you guys think of some of the characters' MBTI and Enneagram types.

Violet -
Klaus -
Sunny -
Count Olaf -
Lemony Snicket -
Kit Snicket -
Mr. Poe -
Esmé Squalor -
Duncan and Isadora Quagmire - (since I kind of consider them one entity, lol)
Quigley Quagmire -

(There are more characters, obviously, but I'd rather not list them all.)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Violet-ISTJ
Klaus-INTP
I think her and her brother are both introverted, and thinkers but I pegged Violet as a sensor just because she seems to have more hands-on pursuits than Klaus. She also seems very Si-dom, she's always thinking back to previous methods and techniques to solve new ones, which is something that frustrated me a bit about her (though I admit Klaus was suspect to doing this to). For instance in the first book she figured out how to save Sunny using that Finnish knot or whatever from, relating back to past experiences (the knot was proven efficient before, hence I should use it again) instead of thinking from a more abstract approach. Klaus I pegged as an N though I'm not really sure if he is Ti-dom or Ni-dom which would put him as INTJ. The only reason I put him as a P is because he seems to lack an ordered way of thinking about things.

Sunny- Exxx
It's kind of hard to type a toddler especially one who doesn't speak properly for most of the series lol. But I think she's more outspoken than her siblings, or maybe it's just the baby talk. But she does seem externally oriented always wanting to chew on something, and having a knack for cooking which I suppose would make her Se dominant, but at the same time I didn't want to rule out Ne-dom just because.

Count Olaf-INTJ
I'm not going to lie, I went by stereotypes here lol. He is quite a bit of a caricature it's hard to not peg him down as some evil mastermind INTJ.

Lemony Snicket- IxFP
The way he is always brooding over Beatrice in a macabre poetic way just seems very F to me. He has a very quiet nature that I think surfaces throughout the series, he's always alone (though that has more to do with the fact that he's on the run from authorities). He just seems like a broody poetic tragic romantic type.

Kit Snicket-XXXX
Honestly I don't know, her character wasn't prevalent enough in the series to peg down enough definite traits

Mr. Poe-ISTJ
Again just going by stereotypes, stuffy, boring banker with no imagination and unwilling to use some, when the kids are trying to explain their dilemmas.

Esme Squalor- ESTJ
Ruthless, does not care about other people unless they benefit her, always scheming and planning. Also is image-conscious, shallow, and vain, and represents some of the worst aspects of an ESTJ. Very bossy, I believe there are times in the series when Count Olaf and his minions,can't even stand her.

Duncan and Isadora and Quigley- Hmmm, I haven't read the series in a really long time so I'm not too sure about the triplets... but if I were to take a quick stab I would say the first two are perhaps F's?

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Violet-ISTJ
Klaus-INTP
I think her and her brother are both introverted, and thinkers but I pegged Violet as a sensor just because she seems to have more hands-on pursuits than Klaus. She also seems very Si-dom, she's always thinking back to previous methods and techniques to solve new ones, which is something that frustrated me a bit about her (though I admit Klaus was suspect to doing this to). For instance in the first book she figured out how to save Sunny using that Finnish knot or whatever from, relating back to past experiences (the knot was proven efficient before, hence I should use it again) instead of thinking from a more abstract approach. Klaus I pegged as an N though I'm not really sure if he is Ti-dom or Ni-dom which would put him as INTJ. The only reason I put him as a P is because he seems to lack an ordered way of thinking about things.

Sunny- Exxx
It's kind of hard to type a toddler especially one who doesn't speak properly for most of the series lol. But I think she's more outspoken than her siblings, or maybe it's just the baby talk. But she does seem externally oriented always wanting to chew on something, and having a knack for cooking which I suppose would make her Se dominant, but at the same time I didn't want to rule out Ne-dom just because.

Count Olaf-INTJ
I'm not going to lie, I went by stereotypes here lol. He is quite a bit of a caricature it's hard to not peg him down as some evil mastermind INTJ.

Lemony Snicket- IxFP
The way he is always brooding over Beatrice in a macabre poetic way just seems very F to me. He has a very quiet nature that I think surfaces throughout the series, he's always alone (though that has more to do with the fact that he's on the run from authorities). He just seems like a broody poetic tragic romantic type.

Kit Snicket-XXXX
Honestly I don't know, her character wasn't prevalent enough in the series to peg down enough definite traits

Mr. Poe-ISTJ
Again just going by stereotypes, stuffy, boring banker with no imagination and unwilling to use some, when the kids are trying to explain their dilemmas.

Esme Squalor- ESTJ
Ruthless, does not care about other people unless they benefit her, always scheming and planning. Also is image-conscious, shallow, and vain, and represents some of the worst aspects of an ESTJ. Very bossy, I believe there are times in the series when Count Olaf and his minions,can't even stand her.

Duncan and Isadora and Quigley- Hmmm, I haven't read the series in a really long time so I'm not too sure about the triplets... but if I were to take a quick stab I would say the first two are perhaps F's?
I agree with a lot of that, especially Violet being an ISTJ. I could see Klaus being an INFP though.

Violet - INTJ (Has to be NT.)
Klaus - INFP or INFJ
Sunny - ESFP
Snicket - TOTAL INFP :D
Olaf - INTJ or ENTJ
Why do you think that Violet is an NT?

I'm not sure about the Enneagram types; I have some ideas, but few that I can provide reasons for.

But I do believe that Esmé Squalor is an unhealthy 2w3. Very manipulative, controlling, would do whatever it took to maintain her rich, high class image. The way she took Carmelita Spats under her wing and doted on her seems like a method of keeping her dependent; her own little worshiper and plaything.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I could see Klaus being an INFP though.
I never thought of that, how so?

I'm not sure about enneagram but I think Jerome Squalor from the Ersatz Elevator is a typical unhealthy 9w1, constantly avoiding conflict submerging himself in trivial purchases and pursuits to ignore the larger problems. Very idealistic and oblivious though he means well and his very kind to the kids.

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never thought of that, how so?

I'm not sure about enneagram but I think Jerome Squalor from the Ersatz Elevator is a typical unhealthy 9w1, constantly avoiding conflict submerging himself in trivial purchases and pursuits to ignore the larger problems. Very idealistic and oblivious though he means well and his very kind to the kids.
I'm the least sure about T/F. I could see it swing INFP, but as I think about it more, it doesn't seem right that thinking would be inferior.

Agreed on Jerome.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Movie-typing (haven't read the books):

Violet - INTP. Very quiet, very smart, very out-side-the-box rational - Ti. Ne allows her to make all her big inventions and get them out of pickles. Si references past events for her family. Fe is why she's polite even when she thinks people are NUTZ.

Klaus - He's weird. He's a Ti (all knowledge, give it to me) and Si-dominant user (photographic memory, remembers everything he reads, notices stuff that flies right past Violet's intuitive head). He's quiet, so that means he's an ISFJ using his Si-Ti the most.

Sunny -- some kind of extrovert who is very blunt. She's hilarious and spontaneous. ESTP, maybe?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I didn't really like these books. These are so boring. I got up to seven.

Klaus- INTP
Violet- Si-dom. ISTJ always think back in past experience
Sunny- I don't know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Socionics:
Violet - ILE
Klaus - LII
Sunny - SLE
Lemony Snicket - ILI
Kit - EXI
Mr Poe -I've always thought LSI but one of my friends says LII which sounds plausible.
Esme Squalor - EIE
Isadora - ILI
Quigley - maybe LIE?
Nero - EIE
Bald man with long nose - SLE
Fernald - SEE
Jerome - SEI
Sir - LSI
Charles - another SEI
Madam Lulu - LIE
Hugo - SEI or SLI
Colette - probably EII or IEI
Kevin - EIE
Widdershins - LSE or SLE
Fiona - EII

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently finished the Netflix series, here is what I think:

Violet: ISTP. She was the hardest to type, I considered ENTP and INTP, but I settled on ISTP. The way that she can just focus in on her environment and use what she has to create an invention seems very Ti/Se. I think Se over Ne because of the way she just ties her hair up and goes totally analytical on her surroundings, Ne seems to be more focused on speculation over action.

Klaus: ISTJ. He was one of the easier ones to type. He displays high Si when he instantly refers back to past texts and facts he read. He tends to be the one relating to the past most of his siblings, while Violet seems to be the one grabbing objects to make an invention.

Sunny: ESTP. I mean, she is just a baby, but over the course of three seasons (or thirteen books), she developed so much character and showed so much personality for just a baby.

Count Olaf: ENTJ. This one was easy. From the first three episodes I figured out he was some sort of ENxJ. I ultimately chose ENTJ because of the way he goes about his disguises. In the first season, he can blend into his disguises and manipulate the Baudelaire's guardians, but towards the end, he starts to loose his patience and becomes sick of the disguises. An ENFJ would be much better at completely blending into the disguises then an ENTJ, this is likely because of an ENTJ's inferior Fi.

Other Characters

Aunt Josephine: ISxJ, leaning towards ISTJ, an unhealthier one. She let one bad experience cripple her courage and she spent the rest of her life locked up in her house fearing every new thing.
Esme: ExFJ. She seems to be more comfortable about the whole disguises thing. She is also hellbent on finding the sugar bowl, I'm not sure if that is Si or Ni.
Mr Poe: ISFJ. I don't really know what else to say, I really hated him though.
Jacqueline: ESTJ? She seemed pretty rigid.
Larry Your Waiter: ???? I really liked him, no clue about his type though.
(And my name is) Carmalita: She was so evil but such a great character! I am thinking a super unhealthy ESFJ. I definitely see unhealthy manifestation of Fe.
Justice Strauss: ESFJ. The ultimate mom. I really hoped she would end up with the Baudelaire's in the end, but it is a series of unfortunate events.
Jacques Snicket: ???? I don't think we got to see enough of his character.
Kit Snicket: INFJ? ISTP? I see some Ni for sure.
Lemony Snicket: INFP. I think most can agree on that.

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
Lemony Snicket is INFP. I loved the book.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts