Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I crossed the border from the INTP forum to write this short message and the world is crazy over there I tell ya! :wink:

I have no control of anything, I always miss deadlines and get into trouble when I postpone everything to the very last minute. I hate having all these wonderful ideas and projects that I never finish. I feel guilty for letting people wait for replies on forums and communities and it's just so cheep to blame it all on my personality type like it's some sort of disease or something. You might think all this stuff would make me actually do something about it but nope, too lazy. Okay, I may be more flexible and adaptive but it isn't really worth it.

So frankly, I love you guys and when I think about it most of my best friends have all been INTJs. So logic, so easy to understand and so insightful. I think you guys never get enough kudos for anything. You're flippin' awesome, I just wanted to post that instead of just walking around thinking about it like I usually just do. :happy:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello! I crossed the border from the INTP forum to write this short message and the world is crazy over there I tell ya! :wink:

I have no control of anything, I always miss deadlines and get into trouble when I postpone everything to the very last minute. I hate having all these wonderful ideas and projects that I never finish. I feel guilty for letting people wait for replies on forums and communities and it's just so cheep to blame it all on my personality type like it's some sort of disease or something. You might think all this stuff would make me actually do something about it but nope, too lazy. Okay, I may be more flexible and adaptive but it isn't really worth it.

So frankly, I love you guys and when I think about it most of my best friends have all been INTJs. So logic, so easy to understand and so insightful. I think you guys never get enough kudos for anything. You're flippin' awesome, I just wanted to post that instead of just walking around thinking about it like I usually just do. :happy:
why thank you :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
My INTP friend sometimes says those things to me. Like, "you're so organized! I can't bring myself to do that!"

You can, seriously. I used to be more P than J, but then I thought "hey, what has to be done HAS to be done." I know, I have most likely been INTJ by default right from the start (only with my J suppressed for one reason or another), but I'm sure You can really try to plan things even as a Perceiver :D

Anyway, thank You and wish You good luck :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
My INTP friend sometimes says those things to me. Like, "you're so organized! I can't bring myself to do that!"

You can, seriously. I used to be more P than J, but then I thought "hey, what has to be done HAS to be done." I know, I have most likely been INTJ by default right from the start (only with my J suppressed for one reason or another), but I'm sure You can really try to plan things even as a Perceiver :D

Anyway, thank You and wish You good luck :D
Ah.. so you're amongst us who believe it's possible :happy: The popular belief is that the J/P function is fixed from a very early age and impossible to change as long as the person doesn't get a major head damage or some traumatic episodes. But I've read a lot of examples that contradicts it and think it's possible (not implying it's easy) to make your J function "wake up" if you have enough willpower to do so. I think I've got a suppressed J somewhere too, or else I wouldn't be so upset about this all the time.

You got me a bit curious though. Since you've been an INTP or like INTPish at least, do you now feel a deep seated urge to clean up and plan things or is it just that you do it to avoid the bad consequences? Hypothetically say you lived alone in an apartment and didn't get any visitors or anything, would it be a total mess?

Thanks for the encouraging words btw :happy:

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
My apartment is often a total mess. Cleaning is inefficient; I should be studying or working. :tongue:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks! I might invite myself over to the wild side/the INTP forum a little bit. Do you mind? :laughing:

·
Registered
254 Posts
To Toffan:

I'm not sure, but I believe that I have been more of an INTP and it just changed for some reason. Probably because I had to organize my studying because suddenly I entered second year of Japanese studies and there was so much work to do. Also, I had kind of a messy internal life at the moment (I know it's lame, but there was this boy and...You know) and I searched for something "stable." I think those two were the reasons my J woke up.

However, I feel totally comfortable planning things. I don't do this just because I fear the consequences. This was the first motivation, but now I just find real pleasure in organizing things. I like my day planned etc. Sometimes I'd allow for some spontaniety though.

So I do feel the urge to organize my life and plan things. However, I feel no urge at all to clean my surroundings. My place is a constant mess. I clean from time to time only because I can't find anything anymore or there is no place to sit down :crazy: It's an INTP thing or I just need something messy to balance my internal life, which is now organized again. But then again, I have never ever kept my place clean, from time immemorial :wink:

But I need to say that although I feel more like an INTJ than an INTP now and although I have probably always been a suppressed INTJ, I believe I'm sort of a hybrid. Like an INTJ with well developed INTP personality. So I'm not sure if You could call my reasoning valid because my experience is that of a half-breed, not a pure INTJ or a pure INTP :tongue: I've always displayed characteristics of both those types.

And You're welcome :happy: I believe that You can bring Yourself to be organized if You only are strong-willed. Really, I personally needed nothing more. It might prove a little hard, but it's still worth trying :wink:

Reactions: ariana20

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reactions: Space Cat and lib

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
To Toffan:

I'm not sure, but I believe that I have been more of an INTP and it just changed for some reason. Probably because I had to organize my studying because suddenly I entered second year of Japanese studies and there was so much work to do. Also, I had kind of a messy internal life at the moment (I know it's lame, but there was this boy and...You know) and I searched for something "stable." I think those two were the reasons my J woke up.
Or you were an INTJ with a low self-esteem and then became more secure of yourself.

The first 4 cognitive functions of an INTP are the last 4 cognitive functions of an INTJ (and visa versa ofcourse but not in the same order). It doesn't make much sense that that changes completely. However, when stressed, the last 4 functions tend to come up more, but in a negative way.

Knowing that, what you describe actually makes sense. You just got to the wrong conclusion. Your personality type didn't change, but your personality (meaning behavior and how you experience things) did.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts