Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like a random and strange question for I have not been here for quite some time.

Many of us INTJ's feel that we are forever alone, I purpose a solution to that, if many of us are willing to take risks.

Using the internet, we can create a dating INTJ community?:frustrating:

Possibly using these forums to be the most efficient, since most of us get a long with each other quite well.

This is based on INTJ's understanding the behaviors of other INTJ's.:ninja:

Does anyone see pitfalls, problems, or mass chaos from this suggestion?

If you must massacre the idea and destroy it, I will accept your criticisms.

I just want to personally learn or develop a way to connect to the soul of an INTJ's female and win her over, since I'm still looking. :blushed:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
May I suggest a fleshlight?
Thats cheating ;0

The forever alone meme is more of an infp/intp phenomenon; the former is stuck in an infinite soul-searching loop, the latter doesn't believe it needs a body. INTJs going it solo is actually rarer due to Te confidence and tertiary Fi convictions in the later years. Those that do go it alone were either dissatisfied for the first half of life and swore if off, or wanted/realized something else more meaningful and decided to pursue it instead.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Thats cheating ;0
I consider it 'life-hacks'. Nah, I have just enough pride not to do that, but it's always an option for others.

The forever alone meme is more of an intp phenomenon; the former is stuck in an infinite soul-searching loop, the latter doesn't believe it needs a body.
No, the Ti lack of confidence in addition to our undying perfectionism when it comes to matters we deem to be 'very important' leaves us massively analyzing what we should be doing instead of actually doing it. My INTJ colleage at work has a very beautiful girlfriend and their relationship is going great.

Considering him being...well, who he is, there may be hope for me yet.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
My INTJ colleage at work has a very beautiful girlfriend and their relationship is going great.
I sense a disturbance in the force...

What Ti lacks is made up by Te balls.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I consider it 'life-hacks'. Nah, I have just enough pride not to do that, but it's always an option for others.

No, the Ti lack of confidence in addition to our undying perfectionism when it comes to matters we deem to be 'very important' leaves us massively analyzing what we should be doing instead of actually doing it. My INTJ colleage at work has a very beautiful girlfriend and their relationship is going great.

... What is consider beautiful by your standards? What society and media define as beautiful, or is it a different sense of beauty such as the mind and heart? Either way, I would like to see how he came upon the courage to throw himself in public and to communicate with strangers? Online is different for me, since no one here knows me technically in person....

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
... What is consider beautiful by your standards? What society and media define as beautiful, or is it a different sense of beauty such as the mind and heart? Either way, I would like to see how he came upon the courage to throw himself in public and to communicate with strangers? Online is different for me, since no one here knows me technically in person....
By beautiful, I meant aesthetically. She is really, REALLY happy, and optimistic, but I don't see any brains, then again, I don't know her all that well. And honestly, I don't know WHAT he did to get her, but he is INTJ alright. He is actually more outgoing than I am (in fact, he makes fun of me for it at work). I dunno. If you figure it out, remember the poor INTP neighbors who have it worse off than you do socially. :p

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I personally find the whole concept of dating to be completely backwards.
As i see it: "Hey let's go on a date so we can see if we are compatible!"

Whereas I think it should be: "Hey we seem compatible, let's go on a date!"

But what do i know...
Unfortunately, the latter case requires prior rapport which puts a tighter constraint on space-time. Coupled with intj introversion, the total size of the pool of candidates is also smaller. I opt for fake extroversion + speed reading.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Thanks for setting me straight, but I thinking it was a valid idea with some potential. I wasn't actually aware that this has been going on.
That was mostly sarcastic. I wouldn't recommend this method as it largely annoys people here (although there may have been a few lucky hits along the way, I have no idea).

How would one go about creating an INTJ dating service, anyway? Your second-largest problem would be mistyping, both unintentional and otherwise. Your first-largest problem would be the fact that it's possible most INTJs would be very skeptical of such a service and/or laugh outright. I don't like conventional methods of "dating" and certainly wouldn't participate in some sort of NTCupid.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By beautiful, I meant aesthetically. She is really, REALLY happy, and optimistic, but I don't see any brains, then again, I don't know her all that well. And honestly, I don't know WHAT he did to get her, but he is INTJ alright. He is actually more outgoing than I am (in fact, he makes fun of me for it at work). I dunno. If you figure it out, remember the poor INTP neighbors who have it worse off than you do socially. :p
This sounds like a challenge. Time to come up with a war plan! I find that, as I progress up in my years into adulthood, I have some what become more outgoing but it scares the shit out of me. I find myself more confused and emotionally distracted. It's like going through an identity crisis, yep I have been through many of them and I continue. The problem with me is, that I suffer from ADHD and Depression. Which I am not sure if many INTJ's do, if any of you suffer from these, let's work with each other for support. Any way, as INTP, how would you approach the situation? What kind of work do you do by the way, I am looking for internships at the university level. Good Luck with the love life!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
damn ENFP Achilles heel. You male INTPs need female ENTJs which unfortunately are poorly represented in the population.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was mostly sarcastic. I wouldn't recommend this method as it largely annoys people here (although there may have been a few lucky hits along the way, I have no idea).

How would one go about creating an INTJ dating service, anyway? Your second-largest problem would be mistyping, both unintentional and otherwise. Your first-largest problem would be the fact that it's possible most INTJs would be very skeptical of such a service and/or laugh outright. I don't like conventional methods of "dating" and certainly wouldn't participate in some sort of NTCupid.
This idea came upon the commercials on television I just saw recently for dating services that uses tests and results to find compatibility. I believe that you are right, I was not aware of these situations that would appear that way. It was not trying to be sarcastic, but if it came out that way, I apologize. Either way, thank you for your remarks, I will try harder next time to find a different approach of bringing our kind united together.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
. Any way, as INTP, how would you approach the situation? What kind of work do you do by the way, I am looking for internships at the university level. Good Luck with the love life!
I am an intern at my county's MIS department. We are both seniors in high school. And my approach? I may or may not have read over 10 books ranging from NLP, to human manipulation, PUA, and various psychology studies. So far, I find putting them into practice causes me to nit-pick and I am missing the emotional aspect which I am beginning to fear cannot be taught in a book. Once I finally pass the CCNA exam, I hopefully can snag a part-time job as an IT.

damn ENFP Achilles heel. You male INTPs need female ENTJs which unfortunately are poorly represented in the population.
If she were ENTJ, would that mean she would do the approaching? How would I go about attracting such a person? Someone doing the chasing is different....but considering my social skills or the lack thereof, it would take one huge load off of me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Preaching to the choir, in my LIFE i have found...four girls whom i wanted to date, I dated one of them.
At least you made progress, I am still stuck at popping the question. "Will you like to spend time together?" In either case, I am working on confidence and self-esteem! What was your technique?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
If she were ENTJ, would that mean she would do the approaching? How would I go about attracting such a person? Someone doing the chasing is different....but considering my social skills or the lack thereof, it would take one huge load off of me.
How do most NTs connect? Via conversation/debate which you know the ENTJs love. And don't forget to take care of hygene if she's doing the approaching. You have to at least look as decent as the average bloke that shes overseeing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts