Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious to see just HOW similar SPs are to one another. So, i just have a few questions :) answer what you will.

1) Music preference?

2) Television preference?

3) How do you handle failure?

4) What are your views on love?

5) how do you view religion?

Just curious is all. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
1) Music preference?
Mainstream pop, rock, indie.

Supernatural, Gossip Girl, Heroes.

I run away from it.

What do you mean? Love is love...

I'm an atheist, enough said.

:happy:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
1) Music preference?
Rock, country, pop, musicals, and anything from the 80s :crazy:

Only use it to watch DVDs or for background noise...Used to be really into CSI, Law and Order, and shows like that.

Pick myself up and dust off and move on.

It's hard work, but worth it.

5) How do you view religion?
Very confused, really want to understand, but currently do not grasp the concepts at all.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
1) Music preference?
A little bit of it all. Country, rock, pop, hip-hop, etc.

I don't watch much TV. The only thing I watch these days is American Idol, and occasionally Married With Children when I'm still up at 3-4AM. Other shows I really like: Friends, Boy Meets World

I try my hardest to avoid failure, but it still happens sometimes, so I just get back up on my feet and move on. I've been known to put myself into situations I know I will succeed at, after I have failed, to boost the confidence level back up a bit.

Love is great. I love love. Don't be scared at it, and work for what you really want/believe in.

I'm a believer, but I don't do all the organized religion stuff.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Musical Preference: alternative, classic rock, glam rock: David Bowie, often Jackson Brown

TV: Simpsons, King of the Hill, Everybody Hates Chris, Malcolm in the Middle

Handling failure: Don't think about it. Try something else. Don't tie success to happiness, because that makes you miserable (easier said than done)

Love: One soul mate at a time. I have gotten very lucky in my life and am pretty much grateful for anything pleasant I get in that department.

Religion: I am faithful in my own way, but open. Religion fills an important psychological needs. I am drawn to Shamanism right now, and right now I'm sitting in a class on Native American Art.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I was just curious to see just HOW similar SPs are to one another. So, i just have a few questions :) answer what you will.

1) Music preference?

1) fun stuff - no misery rock

2) comedy - Simpsons, Monty Python, Seinfeld; also like some sci-fi like Doctor Who

3) Just keep living

4) All you need is love...

5) In 3-D

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

1) Music preference?
ACDC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns N Roses. Basically 70's rock with a little bit of country and acoustic.
And some Alison Krauss

I don't watch TV, only Two and a Half Men very rarely

Hold my head up and just keep going with something different

I'd rather be alone. Of course I haven't found an ISTP or ISFP girl yet...

Atheist. I don't care to elaborate.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1) Music preference?
Most rock, I'm mostly into Alt/Indie but I like a lot of the old stuff too. Other genres are fine too, there's a time and place for everything.

Sports, educational programming, documentaries, basically anything informative.

I like it because it exposes certain weaknesses which I need to shore up. It can be a huge motivator. Or completely hilarious.

It's a beautiful and necessary thing! Could go on and on about what it is, examples, and such.

It has a lot of positives and negatives. Religious beliefs have held a lot of people (and societies) back. But when practiced truthfully and faithfully it can be a great guide for understanding life and the world.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
1) Music preference?
Trance/Electronic - Armin, Deadmau5 etc..
Alternative/Grunge - Pixies, Pumpkins, Alice n Chains
Soundtracks - Joe Hisaishi, John Williams, Yoko Kanno

Lost, House, Korean Dramas, Doctor Who, Sports

Who said I fail? I am pretty hard on myself and sometimes I might not have failed but I feel like I did.

I love love. I want more of it

I am atheist, so people can believe whatever they like.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
1) Music preference?
I like most music, though not so much Hiphop and RnB. It goes from Pendulum to Portishead, to Christina Aguilera to The Dresden Dolls, to Beirut and The Dixie Chicks. My tastes are perhaps more feminine than masculine, if I were to try and be specific, I'm rather fond of dreamy music - bridging the gap between psychidelic, folk, and cute pop -, modern country and alternative rock (rock/pop, eg Muse).

2) Television preference? Six feet under, NCIS, True Blood, Green wing, Battlestar galactica, The Mentalist - on going dramas, perhaps a little fantastical with romance, charismatic characters or comedy, or all three.

3) How do you handle failure? Not well.

4) What are your views on love? A fuckn rollercoaster. Different for each of the three I love - family, friendship/romance, and then love for someone I really admire/who feels like a mentor though we've only met once. Each is piercing, but warm and light, yet also like electricity. And either incredibly safe, on incredibly unsafe.

5) how do you view religion? If you were to put a name to the creative - though not sentient force which causes the charge between atoms and such, I suppose you might call it god. I don't believe in a devine being, an afterlife, or any cause for us being here; no plan, no higher force. But as much as I don't think there's reason - a purpose - for life, I don't think that necessarily makes life meaningless, if that makes sense

·
Registered
144 Posts
1) Music preference?
I prefer mostly electronic music with deep atmospheres and timeless melodies.Sometimes Hard Rock.

I haven't watched TV couple of years now.

I just make fun of myself, when i fail.

I believe in love at first sight and i don't fall easily in love.

Religion is for people who care about it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
1) Music preference?
Quite broad. Mostly it goes "the older the better" for me although anybody can strike me anytime, for example Adam Lambert currently. But also depends on the mood - happy music for happy days and introverted music for sad, rainy days.

Series over documentaries and reality shows. Mostly comedy and action.

I shrug and say that it obviously wasn't ment to be.

"I find a fatal flaw in the logic of love" (The Shins: Gone for good) I have a very practical and good theory on love, it just need some last touches before I can spread the word, the truth about it.

I believe in Mother Nature.

·
Registered
212 Posts
1) Music preference?
I like a pretty wide variety (death metal to Renaissance church music). Some favorites: Steven Wilson's solo stuff, Porcupine Tree, Anja Garbarek, Air, Massive Attack, Paatos, Opeth, Bjork, The Decemberists, Brian Eno, Nine Inch Nails, King Crimson, Boards of Canada, Pink Floyd, Chopin, Stravinsky, Debussy, Holst, Beethoven...... ummmm yeah I could keep going but I'll stop. I'm kind of obsessed with music.

Don't watch much TV at all, I'd way rather be doing something than sitting around. I used to watch the X-Files religiously, until it got all ghey and shit. I like Star Trek, although it's been awhile since I've watched any of it. I've been Netflix-ing The Sopranos which is really good. South Park and Aqua Teen Hunger Force when I have time. I like movies though. Weird, twisted, confusing types. And pretty much anything by Tarantino (although I guess that would be a subset of weird/twisted). Pulp Fiction is my favorite. David Lynch. Hitchcock.

What failure? :laughing: :unsure: Uhhhh yeah right, I wish.... I get kind of depressed until I can prove to myself that I can actually do whatever it is I failed at, or convince myself that it's not worth my time anyway.

Well, I don't believe in true love or soul mates, but I believe that relationships that work and are healthy are good. I'm not a romantic type at all, so to me it's more about having a companion and just enjoying each other (oh and the sex haha)

Put a lot of thought in, and basically decided I am agnostic. That's not to say I am undecided on some kind of spiritual entity's existence, but I think that it is awfully arrogant for any human to claim that they know such things with absolute certainty. I respect others' faith, and that people work in different ways, but for me, I believe that I do not know, and cannot know what's really out there, so I don't bother trying. So I try to be as good of a person as I can be, and still have plenty of fun here on Earth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
1) Music preference?

Alternative, rock, hip-hop/rap, pop, disco :blushed: and indie.
Favourite artists are Coldplay, Dire Straits, The Bee Gees, The Killers, The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys and John Mayer :laughing:

Football (Soccer) matches and cooking shows just because it makes me feel hungry :tongue:

I try to get as far away from it as possible since I don't handle failiure very wel

Love is amazingly beautiful. i love this quote: "To love is to take a risk, but not to love is the greatest risk of all"
don't know who it's from though:unsure:

:mellow:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
1) Music preference?
Silence. Groove. Reggae (the older stuff, not the disco thing). Rock and Roll. Arrogant Worms.

It's usually off. When it's on: Animal Planet. Project Runway. Detective stories.

I wallow in it a while, then I forget.
Wait, what's a failure again?

Sounds like something that happens in fairy tales. It's nice as long as it lasts, thou.

There are two kinds: beliefs and churches.
- Churches (usually) want to lead people on, direct them with a set of rules. One should be wary of them, as their motives aren't always all that good for everyone. Even if they'd wanted them to be.
- Beliefs can be good, they can help one in the difficult times. On the other hand, they can make people moronically stubborn about different things.
So all in all - religion is interesting, but one should make sure that they're not being anyone's slaves.

·
Registered
751 Posts
1) Music preference?
Electronic western music, or eastern mainstream pop.

I watch a couple concerts that I burn onto DVDs each week. As for real TV, I like comedy like Parks & Recreation, Modern Family, and Chelsea Lately.

I become completely devastated. Then once the devastation has worn off, I make fun of myself or what I failed at.

I'll let you know when I find it.

It's not for me. I don't like organized things like religion. As long as people don't bother me about it, I won't bother them. I can be quite relentless if I have to be though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1) Music preference?
Mainstream pop and rock, some heavier rock, rap and hip hop

Crime shows, comedy, action! Sometimes some cheesy teen shows too, like Gossip Girl and whatnot.

Badly. Really badly. It gets me down and to avoid failing again I end up setting lower and lower standards for myself...bad cycle.

Maybe it exists, but I haven't found it yet. Not actively searching though.

I'm agnostic, but everyone's free to believe whatever they want...

·
Registered
140 Posts
1) Music preference?

Rock, indie, indie pop, folk, symphonic metal, classical.

One Tree Hill and The Simpsons, plus random documentaries.

Cry, and feel bad for a while afterwards and then just vow to do better/ignore it.

Positive?

I don't really know..

·
Registered
28 Posts
1) Music preference?
Progressive metal, progressive rock, psychedelic rock, occasionally Drum and Bass

Don't watch TV.

Failure is only the opposite of success. It has to happen sometimes.

On what?
No, really. Love most probably exist, but I don't believe it may last for a lifetime.

I believe in unified consciousness, in which people are not yet ready to understand, and neither do I.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1) Music preference?
Punk, Rock, and Instruments

Rarely watch TV, but I like Supernatural and CSI.

Hmm... I rarely think about it, and mostly not even aware of that. But I just keep going.

Exhausting. Dealing with so many emotions and talk about feelings make me tired. I'm still waiting for someone that could appreciate my personal space.

The most important thing! I'm a moslem and I learn a lot about where I came from before I was born, what am I supposed to do on earth, and where am I going after I died.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts