Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There once was an angel cast out of heaven. He complained too much to God that things were unfair, that God was punishing people for having free will, for freely choosing what they wanted to do with their lives and gaining intelligence of their own, drifting away from God. God is jealous, and realized that the angel was right, but instead of helping the people, and giving them back Eden, he cast the angel out of Heaven.

God said, "I cast you to hell for telling me what to do, Angel."

So the angel fell, from heaven, but not to Hell where the other fallen angels go. His wings, burned and charred, he clung on to the edge of the chasm he was cast to, so as not to fall to hell, but climb out and go to Earth. On Earth, he looked as if he was human, but he knew in his heart what he was. He knew he had more compassion for the humans around him than they would ever have for one another, and that the failures of the other angels to join him and find a way to fix things, was their fault not his.

So he wandered, thousands of years, waiting for someone to come save the humans. God sent his son, to be killed, to "cleanse them of sins" so they could get free passage through him into Heaven, but the angel who fell knew that was no more than a half-hearted attempt to give them hope in the afterlife, and not in this world.

He continued to walk the earth, changing shape and doing his best to help the humans get along and live a better life. Unfortunately, the angel began to lose hope. Four thousand years he walked the earth, and not once did he find someone to love him. Four thousand years of loneliness and short-term relationships, realizing humans lacked the capacity for love and understanding in such a way that he could offer.

And then he saw another fallen one, someone who was abused and beaten by other humans. Someone who had the spark of divinity within him, in her as well. He saw her from across the way, in his mind's eye, he knew she was there. She found him too, and began to talk to him. They got along, and began to love and care for one another very deeply. They talked often, and though they had their own personal inner problems from their stay on this earth, for so long, they finally found someone to care for them as much as they cared about the world.

The story doesn't have an ending yet...but I thought I should just...write something I thought about when I was driving around running errands today. I dunno...maybe someone will figure out what I mean by this, maybe not.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Two people find their purpose in life. The end. Lol, Jk but that's pretty much accurate, excluding the end part.

This reminds me of books I use to read as a kid, about stories of this angel baby in heaven wandering around trying to figure out what his purpose really was. Also reminds me of city of angels. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts