Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened around thanks giving of 2014, the event happened at my grandpa's house. We go to his house around this time of year for games and friendly gambling, but the last time this happened something out of the ordinary struck me... I saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen sitting on a stool near the table. Astonished by the sight, I questioned why she would be there. Now I, like most of you, aren't into parties unless it becomes something of an interesting event. Well, as the night continued, I played games with her, got to know her, and even a little flirting had went on. She had strategicly put her leg snug next to mine for a long while while we played games. And as I managed to chat with her more, I learned she was into so many of the things I am, such as computers music and games. As you could imagine, I was blown away. But as the story goes, its too good to be true. You see, my aunt had been recently married, and the man she married had two kids, a boy, and a girl. This girl was the daughter of the man my aunt had married... I find she is now my extended cousin, and she has been the only girl in many years that I actually fell for.. as far as falling goes with us.. Now for a while after this, I was heartbroken, and I managed to forget about her, until recently when I went up to visit my grandpa again with my

I want to ask you all a question, do you find it weird that I like my extended cousin? And how would you deal with the situation, move on? Or pursue this mysticism? I am lost, and looking for some guidance.

P.S. Share your stories too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It may be sort of strange for you that you feel this way for your extended cousin, but no, there's nothing abnormal about this.

Were you implying this girl is, in your estimation, also an INTP? I haven't had any sort of romantic experiences with another INTP before, and I sort of have a hard time imagining it. I think a girl being an INTP would make it feel more like incest than being an extended cousin would.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be sort of strange for you that you feel this way for your extended cousin, but no, there's nothing abnormal about this.

Were you implying this girl is, in your estimation, also an INTP? I haven't had any sort of romantic experiences with another INTP before, and I sort of have a hard time imagining it. I think a girl being an INTP would make it feel more like incest than being an extended cousin would.
I'm not to sure what her personality is, but from what I can guess is either an ENTP, ENTJ, or INTP. I just find it a little upsetting that when I finally find someone who is barable out of the herd of sheep we call people, it slaps me in the face. Now it begs the question, what do you think the best course of option is for going forward? Would you pursue her, or let her go? I'm personally stuck in-between.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't dither; it'll only cause anxiety and inaction will lead to regrets. Talk to her and see if it has potential to go anywhere. If things don't seem to be moving in that direction, move on and begin talking to other girls in search of someone else like her instead of sitting around thinking about what could have been.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
She's not biologically your relative.

How long do you think your aunt's marriage will last? Try to wreck it and then hit on her. Just kidding.. think about it though.

Just test the waters as you would with any girl. What makes you think she's an INTP? If you're so sure she "strategically" placed her leg that doesn't sound too INTP. Don't take the risk of putting all your eggs in one possibly-mistyped-personality basket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, I think I'll do just that and talk to her, see how things go, see if it can lead anywhere, if not I'll go on my way.

·
Banned
689 Posts
This happened around thanks giving of 2014, the event happened at my grandpa's house. We go to his house around this time of year for games and friendly gambling, but the last time this happened something out of the ordinary struck me... I saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen sitting on a stool near the table. Astonished by the sight, I questioned why she would be there. Now I, like most of you, aren't into parties unless it becomes something of an interesting event. Well, as the night continued, I played games with her, got to know her, and even a little flirting had went on. She had strategicly put her leg snug next to mine for a long while while we played games. And as I managed to chat with her more, I learned she was into so many of the things I am, such as computers music and games. As you could imagine, I was blown away. But as the story goes, its too good to be true. You see, my aunt had been recently married, and the man she married had two kids, a boy, and a girl. This girl was the daughter of the man my aunt had married... I find she is now my extended cousin, and she has been the only girl in many years that I actually fell for.. as far as falling goes with us.. Now for a while after this, I was heartbroken, and I managed to forget about her, until recently when I went up to visit my grandpa again with my

I want to ask you all a question, do you find it weird that I like my extended cousin? And how would you deal with the situation, move on? Or pursue this mysticism? I am lost, and looking for some guidance.

Nah, it's not weird. My cousin and I had a crush on each other, but we just never actually took it seriously. It was more that we acknowledged that we had an attraction, just never acted on it.

Perfectly normal.

·
Registered
INTJ
2,004 Posts

Maybe you're just overanalyzing things? I'm sure you're like a lot of INTP's and don't get out as often as others and maybe you just consider perhaps some friendliness and cheeky flirting as some big thing?

I would tell you to talk to her but I think that ship may have sailed.

If you were that into her, you should have had the balls to get her number/email/skype whatever and talked to her over the internet or something right after your first meeting.

Did you ask for her number when you went to your granpa's this time? If not, just forget it. Sorry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate all of your help on the matter, I've decided it would be best to move on, I've taken into consideration a variety of different factors, and came to my conclusion that I need to, "widen my horizon" as they say. Cheers.:perc3:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I managed to forget about her, until recently when I went up to visit my grandpa again with my...
Today morning I just glimpsed a girl that that turned my mind upside down year and half ago just by her grace and smile without me even knowing her. All the day I couldn't get her out of my mind despite knowing that she had a boyfriend and I have decided to honor that.

So for forgetting... :tongue:

Anyway good luck, honestly. :kitteh: I know this rain in desert feeling.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
nothin' says lovin' like marryin' yer cousin.

so, what does uncle-future daddy in law, auntie-mumsy in law think?

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
I appreciate all of your help on the matter, I've decided it would be best to move on, I've taken into consideration a variety of different factors, and came to my conclusion that I need to, "widen my horizon" as they say. Cheers.:perc3:
pity..

and there I was getting the flowers in the attic references ready...

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm I wish I had a sister...
have you thought about drag?

Or perhaps getting a mold of your face made (there's a few trans artists that can take it and give you an idea of what you might look like with feminizing facial reconstruction, as well as family related artists that provide models of what a sibling given up for adoption might look like; albeit having little ability to consider environmental and lifestyle factors.) and placed on the body of a lifestyle doll?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts