Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Its Daey again!
I am back with another thread.
This thread is really about meeting other INFPs, despite the title, You don't have to be a teenage INFP to comment. :)
I was inspired to create this after researching for different articles explaining the style of an INFP. I found some pretty supportive examples; but I wanted to reach out to the ''REAL INFP's'' out there, I have a question for you guys, What is style for you?

As in, What do YOU wear on the daily basis?
I thought this thread would be a fun little game to share are sense of style (via photos) & or share some really rad style tips. So in order to get the object of the thread I'll perform the example.

IMG_20150421_074128.jpg

^
I am always wearing something like this.
On the outside looking in, I look like fucking garbage.
I've been told by my parents I look like garbage; however when in public I seemingly get noticed alot faster from the style I had choosen for myself as when my mother dressed me.

IMG_20150327_101501.jpg
^
Here is basically the same outfit I had shown before,
I wear what I feel is comfortable for me. Its kind of a grunge-y look to myself
but thats something I'm just comfortable with

20150506_140937.jpg
^
Here I took a full sized photo at the mall. I look pretty simple.
I didn't really feel like doing much of anything, the look basically looks effortless.
It actually takes me 30 minutes to look like this. Don't laugh at me lol.

IMG_20150323_151353.jpg
^
Another way of dressing, this is kind of my everyday look, kinda of like the one in the very beginning. I'm almost always looking like that.

My view of style basically is just being comfortable.
I'm comfortable looking like that. The way I pick out my daily outfits is by feeling, Like ''Do I FEEL like wearing this today?'' If I don't I'll just throw it across the room.

I'll be posting more looking below, until then, INFP's what is your view of style?

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Band T, skinny jeans, and keds or converse. Right now I'm wearing a black long-sleeved shirt tucked into some high-waist jeans.

I don't wear makeup, but I have some red lipstick and eyeliner I have available to experiment with.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm certainly not stylish at all, and I don't really wear the stuff I'd like to wear both because money and I'm uncomfortable in my own skin, feel ugly and is a bit on the heavy side without the nice feminine shapes. Ahm...anyway!

When I was a teenager I mostly wore boys clothes because I was just really mad at having to be a girl, and I didn't care much about what I looked like, and well I really did look like garbage. Uhm then I had a boyfriend for a little while and got really self-conscious about all! :S

I started caring more about what I looked like and what I wore... but well, now I'm just in-between, caring but not really doing anything about it.

That's normal, casual for me these days...

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,198 Posts
I apologize for not having any (current) photos of myself, but I can describe what I wear on a daily basis. I almost always wear a t-shirt or something simple (though my favorite outfit is a black shirt with an Aztec-print cardigan that's a bit oversized and flies behind me like a cape when it's windy outside). Even in the heat, I almost always wear a tie-dye hoodie (I have a blue zip-up one with a rollercoaster's name on it and a purple pullover that I alternate between). I usually wear black or blue jeans and black shoes, no specific brand names or anything. I dress more for comfort than for style.

I've just started using makeup, and I generally only use some mascara and eyeliner. I don't do anything special with my hair, really. I just straighten my bangs and keep them to the left, a little over my eye. I try to brush my hair, but it's long and thick, so it gets frizzy real easily. I just tie it back into a ponytail, and it still looks a bit unkempt, but it works.

P.S. I really like your own sense of style!

Reactions: FreeKekistan

·
Banned
7,275 Posts
I'm pretty much a hipster, I guess. I'm sort of a minimalist, and wear basic clothing.

I wear beanie hats, Doc Martens(or just combat boots), and I like Vans shoes. I like to wear lots of black, as well as sort of muted colors.

if I had more money, I would like to experiment with my look more, but I'd feel vain and embarrassed, since it seems like most guys don't put very much effort into their appearance, and I'd be asking for weird attention. Also, I often wear my hair long.

I have my ears pierced. Thought about getting more piercings and some tattoo's, but I change my mind too fast to have anything permanent.

oh, and one of my favorite shirts is a tie-dye t-shirt that is just different shades of blue, and another is this old white t-shirt that has birds and a sky line on it. I like it so much I wear it even though it has some small holes/loose stitching.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
I'm 19, 20 next year obviously.

Anyways, I generally dress in clothes that are usually conservative in trendy. My wardrobe is filled with muted colors, primarily grey and blues, I don't like drawing attention to myself and therefore dress like it.
Gernally, for pants, I wear tight legged ones since I have long legs and actually feel rather large, for shirts, I generally wear an undershirt with a flannel over it, or something black, grey, or brown. I cannot be happy in anything larger than my actual size.

1,239 Posts
I wear mostly pretty casual clothes, I love clothes that not only feel comfortable, but also look comfortable. Mainly I wear plain jumpers or sweatshirts with warm, bland colours (beige, this kind of blue, dark red/ maroon, grey etc) and then I wear shorts or jeans that aren't blue (screw blue jeans fr). And then some sort of sneaker/trainer thing idk, like vans or something similar. Not saying I wear this all the time this is just what I like best and mostly wear :)

Also I'm 18

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! It turns out we all dress alike. Lol, I wish I knew an INFP in real life. It would make such a difference.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I like your style!! You don't look like garbage at all!

I dress like part crazy hippie, part goth, and part metalhead. I love vintage clothes, especially from the 70s/80s/90s, especially dresses. I must have about 50 vintage dresses by now. I prefer natural fabrics and longer dress lengths, and prints or embroidery. I don't mind if my vintage clothes get frays or rips in them, because it adds character (although last week I went to work with a giant rip in the armpit of my dress and accidentally flashed like, half my bra to everyone, including my boss. good thing I always carry a safety pin in my purse.)

I love ridiculous neon-colored sweaters from the 80s, and giant men's flannel shirts, but I can't buy any more because I am moving to a subtropical region next year. I like dangly earrings and necklaces and jewelry that is in the shape of stuff, like tiny fish skeletons or hand-carved wooden turtles. Many of my outfits include two or three layers of "statement" articles of clothing.

On the other hand, I also wear lots of black, velvet, lace, pinup-style shorts, vintage Betsey Johnson dresses, etc. And I have a lot of band t-shirts for angsty 90s bands. I also have always found jeans to be uncomfortable so I stopped wearing them. Now I only own jeggings (in black, and in gray snakeskin print) because they are comfortable. Oh and I wear black or floral-print leggings under any dress that's above knee-length, even in the summer.

I wear Doc Martens and dark reddish-brown 90s lipstick about 95% of the time. I have a collection of vintage Vera Bradley purses, like this one:

I'm pretty sure I dress like a crazy person.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I dress for comfort...so that means I like soft fabrics, fluffy socks...I find dresses to be comfortable so I will wear them often with flat shoes. Sweatpants are a dear friend of mine. Loose fitting tops like tunics are a wonderful thing to me. As far as color, I generally shop for colors that I think make a statement about me. I don't care if I stand out. I'd rather stand out as different than blend in with the masses. So I wear my favorite colors often.

Reactions: sittapygmaea

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like your style!! You don't look like garbage at all!

I dress like part crazy hippie, part goth, and part metalhead. I love vintage clothes, especially from the 70s/80s/90s, especially dresses. I must have about 50 vintage dresses by now. I prefer natural fabrics and longer dress lengths, and prints or embroidery. I don't mind if my vintage clothes get frays or rips in them, because it adds character (although last week I went to work with a giant rip in the armpit of my dress and accidentally flashed like, half my bra to everyone, including my boss. good thing I always carry a safety pin in my purse.)

I love ridiculous neon-colored sweaters from the 80s, and giant men's flannel shirts, but I can't buy any more because I am moving to a subtropical region next year. I like dangly earrings and necklaces and jewelry that is in the shape of stuff, like tiny fish skeletons or hand-carved wooden turtles. Many of my outfits include two or three layers of "statement" articles of clothing.

On the other hand, I also wear lots of black, velvet, lace, pinup-style shorts, vintage Betsey Johnson dresses, etc. And I have a lot of band t-shirts for angsty 90s bands. I also have always found jeans to be uncomfortable so I stopped wearing them. Now I only own jeggings (in black, and in gray snakeskin print) because they are comfortable. Oh and I wear black or floral-print leggings under any dress that's above knee-length, even in the summer.

I wear Doc Martens and dark reddish-brown 90s lipstick about 95% of the time. I have a collection of vintage Vera Bradley purses, like this one:

I'm pretty sure I dress like a crazy person.
11035693_395431527310864_7986440251457246704_o.jpg

Thats me too!! My jacket choices are between oversized flannel and aztec cardigan.
I'm just getting to alot of 90's style considering I was born only 14 years ago. So far I really like where my style is beginning and so far I don't want to change it. My goal is get as many baby doll dresses as you have. I think I had bought 2 already; however they aren't vintage. I think my mom is loving the look to. Since I have to clean out my room in a bit, I'm throwing out clothes I don't wear anymore. I'm hoping to get some vintage clothing. I really fucking love it the idea; however getting rid of old clothes makes me slightly sad.

^ My usual going outside to the world look. It gets all smudgy so it looks super grunge. I don't show what I wear on my feet but I love to wear some funky looking socks with my regular tan timberlands. I changed the laces into black ones so they can match my crazy body decor. Completely jealous of your style. Don't worry I'm switching over little by little.

FB_IMG_1428189657824.jpg
^ that day I was actually trying to look good, my dad was trying to go a funeral but we ended up missing it so we went to a mexican food facility instead. i really love chokers by the way. I wear 3 on my neck when its a special occasion.

IMG_20150208_191151.jpg

I really like this photo Its just me with a black hoodie and cream beanie.

IMG_20150419_214150.jpg

^ This is me when I was going to my testing site.
I was wearing ripped jeans, a Kurt Cobain cropped top with an aztec sweater and funky poka-dot socks with tan timberlands with a white dingy scarf around my head & my hair? I rolled out of bed and shook it out. Haha!

IMG_20150507_171759.jpg
When I was going to a concert recently. Check out that red streak :)

Thats about my style. I'll show other pictures along the way

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I think thats we're most of us are heading. Omg, I love your style. i have to say 10 thumbs of upness. :)

you wear the look well. :)

IMG_20150420_195717.jpg

A few more looks

IMG_20150322_190737.jpg
^^ Cannot remember If I shared this or not, probably did.

Reactions: StellarSkies

·
Registered
17 Posts
I mostly wear shirts (usually with flower-patterns) and skinny pants. I usually have big shoes (Despite already having pretty big feet) I'm not afraid to use clothes with bright colors.

So I look like a fluffy beanstalk with style that's stuck somewhere between the 70s, Post-punk and Modern clothing

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
I don't have a distinct style. Ok. I wear Jeans and a T (in all sorts of colors) most of the time, but I also own quite a few dress shirts, one or two polo shirts, sweaters with nice prints, hoodies and chinos. I just buy & wear whatever I like at the moment. No real favorite colors or type of clothing or style of clothing. I am even worse with shoes......I don't care at all. Haven't bought a new pair in over a year.

Oh. And PJs! Had to mention them. Or else @sittapygmaea and @pinaattitonttu would have been very dissapointed.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
When I was a teen INFP I was absolutely horrified by "girls/womens" clothes. The men's clothes department was my paradise, and my fashion icons were Tupac and Allen Iverson (I'm not kidding) (extra info: I'm white and female lol).
I wore men's underwear (boxers), baggy pants, trainers, oversized t-shirts, NBA t-shirts, tank tops, oversized sweatpants, sporty caps, bandanas...
I also saw make-up as the enemy.
Just think a white & female version of Allen Iverson and that was me lol lol lol

Wow how have I changed in fifteen years xD except the make-up thing. Still hate it.

What made me choose that kind of style?
- My absolute HATE for the girly role I had been assigned to fulfill.
- My absolute HATE for the girly dynamics I saw going on around me growing up. They were so mean to each other that I didn't want to be one of their species.
- Sexual harrassment at an early age. It made me hate men with a passion and I decided (subconsciously) to emulate their dressing style in an attempt to keep my body covered and keep men away from me.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I don't have a particular style; my wardrobe is a mixture of basics in flattering colours and more interesting items that "feel" like me. I tend towards darker, cooler, more muted colours, floral patterns, and polka dots. Cheap synthetics and I don't get along, so I wear either cotton blends or (rarely) expensive synthetic materials. I prefer vintage-inspired (1930's - 1960's) clothing to the trendy stuff, and I borrow from goth and bohemian styles too. I like to wear silver jewellery, scarves, hats, sunglasses, and/or flowers in my hair. I wear glasses and in the past few years I've gone from boring wire frames to bold coloured plastic (my ex-boss was a bit of a dipshit but I'm eternally grateful to him for making me switch!). Make-up tends to be either full-on or not at all.

My hair's naturally curly but I pincurl it once a week to try to make the curls look a bit more consistent. That really only looks good for a few days so mid-week I wet and scrunch it so it gets a bit messier. I'm a bit insecure about my face shape (it's pretty narrow and uneven) but I get compliments when I wear my hair off my face, so I usually pin it back and occasionally pull it up.

I'm working towards something along these lines:

@DaeyMarieisme I don't think you look like garbage at all. My mother calmed down once I became an adult... hopefully yours will too.

@Tytteas you have such a pretty face when you smile! I have a classmate who is built like you, and wears similar clothes with a bit of a bohemian twist, and I always admire how beautifully put together she looks. I know it's natural to feel insecure but I don't think you have anything to worry about!

@thismustbetheplace that bag is INCREDIBLE. If I saw something like that in a secondhand shop it would be mine in an instant.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I love your outfits. I try to dress similarly. Comfort is also a huge factor. But I didn't have any sense of style when I was a teenager =_= Barely have one today..slowly but surely growing out of it.

I like loose-fitting clothes that are still cute..sun dresses, overall shorts (so glad they're coming back,) and other things of that nature. In fall and winter I mostly just do hoodies, skinny jeans, and Uggs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts