·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Its Daey!
I'm coming back with another thread.
This thread for today is about what its like to be the sibling of an
ESTP. Its quite an interesting experience. its actually not horrible,
I feel as though we have a good rapport. It has its times of difficulty; However
Its barely noticeable. Here I'll be showing different scenarios of what it is like on my end
to be a sibling of an ESTP. (Take in mind, my sibling is a boy)

Scenario 1:
It is morning time, You as the INFP are in a cheery mood. You want to spread your cheeriness with everyone.
You believe that you're brother, the ESTP needs some cheeriness in his life. You approach your ESTP brother
and this happens.

INFP: ESTP, ESTP, ESTPPPP, You'll never guess what happened to me!

ESTP: I don't care to know; but I feel as though you're gonna tell anyhow.

INFP: Yesss!!!

ESTP: *sighs* What happened INFP?

INFP: *tells an imaginative story with brilliant sound effects*

ESTP: Are you insane?

INFP: No

ESTP: I think you are.

INFP: You're just jealous

ESTP: No, no one in life is jealous of you.

INFP: *takes his snacks away*

ESTP: Whatever.

INFP: ...

Scenario 2
You are just getting into MBTI when you find out your ESTP brother is an ESTP.
You are so over-joyed with this news, You just have to tell him your recent discovery
This is how a scenario like this would play out.

INFP: ESTP, ESTP, ESTPPP You'll never guess what I found out today!

ESTP: I don't care

INFP: Its about YOU though

ESTP: then what?

INFP: I found out you're an ESTP

ESTP: Are you fucking serious? Not the psycho babble again you call psychology.
Anyways go on, Whats an ESTP.

INFP: Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking & Perceiving

ESTP: Bullshit! - Anyone can be an ESTP! Psychology is so retarded *lists all the reasons why MBTI is retarded.*

INFP: Don't be so critical.

ESTP: MBTI IS MIND CONTROL.

INFP: No its not.

ESTP: MBTI controls your sense of self, Its best you quit that bullshit or you'll become stupid.

INFP: Meany.

ESTP: *sarcasm* OK *rolls eyes*

INFP: *leaves*

Scenario 3
Your ESFJ mother has just asked you to ask your ESTP brother what they would like for lunch.
You approach your ESTP brother after 15 minutes of calling his name. You open the door to his bedroom &
He is over there playing an intense game of GTA. You know obviously he's hungry, so you ask to confirm.
Here is how this scenario usually plays out.

INFP: ESTP, Are you hungry?

ESTP: Yeah

INFP: What do you want?

ESTP: I don't know.

INFP: *names different places to eat at*

ESTP: I SAID I DON'T KNOW

INFP: Ooh, someones a grumpy grump today :)

ESTP: *stares at INFP in disgust*

INFP: *stares back with a smile*

*This goes on for 30 seconds*

ESTP: GET THE FUCK OUT!

So there you have it INFP's & ESTP's. A few scenarios on what it is like to be a sibling of an ESTP.
So tell me INFP's & ESTP's, What is it like on your end?

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
Seems like he's not impressed by you or he's depressed and wants to be left entirely alone.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
My ESTP type 8w9 sister and I used to fight quite a lot. She could be very vicious, and as could I.

Thankfully, since we've grown up and she's moved away, we've ironically gotten closer. It wouldn't surprise me if we separated for a bit, since this is normal for siblings as they age.

If I had to guess what she thinks of me now, I would say she has a pretty neutral opinion of me, being a five. Most of the time I listen to what she says and I can give a pretty solid response. She never usually asks me for any advice, but when she does, I find it easy to reply to her. It tends to be how to react to people with emotional problems haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm an ESTP and .. I can definitely agree with the last one, I have two twin siblings .. I'm led to believe .. ISFJ/INFP (maybe ISFP .. Still thinking) .. but .. Whenever they "bother" me, I quickly get irritated, because they see me doing my thing and they want to ask the same questions about the same game they've asked about for years.. >.>'

A lot of ESTP aren't really ass holes, lol .. We're just quick to get irritated when interrupted in almost anything. Especially something we're used to doing (habitual process).

Also, if this matters .. I'm a Type 6w7.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny thing, I actually have an ESTP brother as well. We can clash quite a bit at times since he uses Se-Ti in projects while I use a lot of Ne and Te, so while I want to accumulate information and speculate about various methods of accomplishing our goal, he's already taking action without much knowledge to go off of, and just taking steps without putting much thought into what's next. Especially when we were younger we'd clash quite a bit over his impulsiveness and his poor ability to discern the consequences of his actions, but I suppose that's just how ESxPs work.

Conversely, while he lacks in intuitive skills, I lack in sensory skills and he'll get annoyed at me for being oblivious to my surroundings or my lackluster practical skills. ExTPs seem to like "trolling" people, and while ENTPs will make fun of you for say, a logical inconsistency or something more interesting to an intuitive, my ESTP brother will make fun of me for dropping something, or other sensory-related things I simply don't find funny or interesting in the least.

Over time we've come to simply not interact that much, since he doesn't enjoy the more abstract discussions I do, and we have very different ways of doing things.

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny thing, I actually have an ESTP brother as well. We can clash quite a bit at times since he uses Se-Ti in projects while I use a lot of Ne and Te, so while I want to accumulate information and speculate about various methods of accomplishing our goal, he's already taking action without much knowledge to go off of, and just taking steps without putting much thought into what's next. Especially when we were younger we'd clash quite a bit over his impulsiveness and his poor ability to discern the consequences of his actions, but I suppose that's just how ESxPs work.

Conversely, while he lacks in intuitive skills, I lack in sensory skills and he'll get annoyed at me for being oblivious to my surroundings or my lackluster practical skills. ExTPs seem to like "trolling" people, and while ENTPs will make fun of you for say, a logical inconsistency or something more interesting to an intuitive, my ESTP brother will make fun of me for dropping something, or other sensory-related things I simply don't find funny or interesting in the least.

Over time we've come to simply not interact that much, since he doesn't enjoy the more abstract discussions I do, and we have very different ways of doing things.
My ESTP brother loves junk food, I cannot eat it all the time I get sick of it. We are so different. He lives off juice and junk food whilst take more of a healthier route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.