Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get right to it, objectively, parallel universes can be real, or they can not be.

Would you destroy another universe completely to benefit your own?

What would it take? (e.g. Stop world hunger, et cetera)

I personally wouldn't view a parallel universe as real, and destroying all of their space-time will make it as though they never existed, I would destroy a universe solely because I could, no incentive needed. (It sounds terrible if you view the parallel universe as 'real')

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Why would it be less real? From the perspective of the other universe, we could be seen as the "fake" one.

But a related issue. Imagine if there an infinite amount of alternative universes. Actually, imagine the universe itself is infinite. If the universe itself is infinite, that means that another me and you could already exist. Two of us can exist in the same universe, if the universe is big enough. Because time and space are related, the larger a universe is, the older it is. Among that vast amount of time and space, there is likely to be another Earth like planet, go far and long enough and the universe will create another one of us. Just out of sheer probability. It will create anything that is possible given an infinite amount of time and space. The point is, in such a universe, you could never actually add to the net "good" or "bad" of the universe. Because even if there are an infinite amount of myselfs doing good in the universe, there is an infinite amount doing bad. Everything cancels itself out in infinity.

Reactions: sarek

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Sure. I wouldn't have a problem wiping out an alternate universe for something I thought worthwhile.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
What is all this talk of destroying? Isnt that what got us into this dump in the first place? So to solve a problem, you suggest making it bigger?

Besides, what @FearAndTrembling said is entirely correct. There is a perfect balance in the omniverse. There can not be a net amount of anything and that includes "good" or "bad", both of which BTW are not really objectively definable.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
No, I wouldn't destroy a parallel universe. We have to solve our problems in our own universe here. I wouldn't want to determine the fate of another universe... It's just too big of a decision for one person!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts