Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any INFJ's actually experimented with laziness? I think it's about time i did... I've recently noticed on days that my mind stays active all day (with a combination of school, working out, guitar, and homework), i can interact with just about anyone. Not only that, but i can sit down, anywhere, and make best friends with a complete stranger given an upwards of five minutes. Also, i'm much better with women on those days. On the other hand, if i sit around all day and watch shows on comedy central and play chess/sudoku online-- yup, i'm nerdy like that :) -- i can't speak to anyone, yet i crave some people interaction at least once during those days. These interactions also become painfully awkward; It's as if i don't know how to connect on even the slightest level. Going to try and find that balance where i can do everything, but it's really hard for me. Once i get started on chess, i'll keep telling myself, "just one more game, just one more game." Three hours later i feel like i've wasted enough of my day that it will, at that point, be designated a 'nothing' day. Feel like i just keep jumping around in topics, maybe i'm not, ahhhhhh i'm so scatter-brained right now. it's been a so-so kinda day with being active n whatnots cause yesterday was a nothing day, and it's hard settling into the active day after a nothing day. Maybe the second active day in a row will be better? I don't know, just want to hear some thoughts on all of this.

Side note: I've heard most INFJ's are shy, and i used to be (to extreme measures), but coming on age 20 i've done a 360 when it comes to meeting new people. Same with any others?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hmm. Everyone needs a break some days? I mean, I couldn't be "on" ALL the time, that's just ridiculous. I need days where I don't leave the house and maybe do nothing but stare at the tv, read forums, blow up mutants, and slay dragons.

Anyway, needing downtime is normal and very human. And by downtime I don't just mean not interacting with people, I mean also not being active mentally--not being "on" or "in the zone".

I know that Saturday is usually my day where I don't worry about anything at all. If I want to be productive, then I'll be productive, but I'm forbidden from feeling guilty if I'm not. Sunday, I'll pick up the slack a little bit and start doing more productive things so I can get my brain oriented back for the work week on Monday.

On the other hand, I can attest to days where I'm on the ball. It's like I'm the super-adult where I do all the things I'm "supposed" to do. Those days aren't too frequent. I get many more "I did some things, now I can go play!" days.

(I so need tomorrow to be a super-adult day. I have so much I need to do. :( )

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yeah. in my definition of laziness for myself, I just go back and forth. When I run out of energy I just chill for a while. I don't know exactly how to define laziness. To me laziness just seems like not doing what I think I should be doing. Or not doing what other people think I should be doing in accordance with what I expect of myself. Everything is just subjective and based on people's opinions. If people value cleanliness, then they may see someone who is unkempt as lazy. If people value education, they may see someone who dropped out of school as being lazy. But, if someone's lack of productivity is bringing down a project in which an equal amount of work is expected e.g. working on a team and someone is just being a free rider, then in that situation that person may be seen as lazy by not being fair.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I'm the laziest person I know.

Well, perhaps "Lazy" is unfair - I just don't seem to... no, actually I am just lazy :tongue:

"Why do today what can be done tomorrow?"

- Me, just then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts