Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As a lot of you know, @dreamcatcher and I met here on PerC about a year and a half ago. We both had been in really bad relationships and figured out we were both INFPs because we were trying to stop being so depressed in miserable in those relationships. Since finding each other, we've been pretty passionate about not settling for someone who isn't good for you.

So, today we launched our blog, TwoINFPs.com. We thought it would be special to share it with everyone here since, obviously, we're INFPs and we met on here :) Anyway, we hope the many INFPs who have romantic problems can find it helpful, and that the rest of you guys and gals enjoy it. Thanks :)

-Chris and Laura
otherwise known as JerseyDevil and dreamcatcher :)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I hope you are happy together, forever. :) I never understood the skepticism towards INFP-INFP relationships, as ANY relationship that is not properly nurtured can go wrong for any number of reasons, no matter how theoretically "well-matched" they are. Keep loving and understanding each other, and my heartfelt best wishes to you.

·
Registered
694 Posts
That's awesome! Yall have managed to create something and bring into reality what others can only dream about! Honestly, I am unsure about a few things though:

- What is the website for? Is it for dating advice? Is it a dating service? Is it a blog about you "two infps"? I've navigated throughout the whole website and I still don't know. Maybe it would help clarify things if you were to put a little tagline describing the website under "two infps" like "two infps a website for dating advice" or whatever.

- I'm not so sure about the name "two infps" unless it is exclusively for infps only or for people who already know about MBTI. I mean, how many people would know about what "infp" means outside of those interested in MBTI? Also is it a website for only infps or a broader audience? If its for a broader audience (even for those who know about MBTI) I'm not so sure naming it "two infps" is the most welcoming to other MBTI types. Of course, infps are known for being more perceptive than other types in romantic matters so that could be a good reason to call it "two infps." I don't know what the solution is, just something to think about.

Hey, am I an asshole for giving some constructive criticism? Should I only just of given praise and kept my mouth shut? I just think the website could be a lot better if those points were clarified. If I'm thinking these things and I know (well though PerC) you two then I'm sure there must be others who will be thinking these things who don't know you two. I mean, if I were doing a website like this, I would want someone to give honest constructive criticism.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Fantastic looking site and please keep writing on it. Sooooooo many INFPs out there in intronetsland....
Thank you so much Sily!! We've got tons of ideas for articles & videos. We hope our site will help people--we both have been there where love is so hard and hurts so much. The stuff we talk about are things we wish someone had told us when we were down in life!

I hope you are happy together, forever. :) I never understood the skepticism towards INFP-INFP relationships, as ANY relationship that is not properly nurtured can go wrong for any number of reasons, no matter how theoretically "well-matched" they are. Keep loving and understanding each other, and my heartfelt best wishes to you.
Thank you SO much, IcarusDreams <3 That means so much to me to hear. So sweet!

We definitely resonate with what you said about nurturing relationships the right way. We're pretty lucky in that we naturally do everything we can for the person we're with, so every day is a lovefest over here :p

dawwwwwwwww <3 lol.
Great articles.
Thanks robespierre! We've been working so hard on everything for months, so it feels soooo good to hear that :D That's very kind of you <3

That's awesome! Yall have managed to create something and bring into reality what others can only dream about! Honestly, I am unsure about a few things though:

- What is the website for? Is it for dating advice? Is it a dating service? Is it a blog about you "two infps"? I've navigated throughout the whole website and I still don't know. Maybe it would help clarify things if you were to put a little tagline describing the website under "two infps" like "two infps a website for dating advice" or whatever.

- I'm not so sure about the name "two infps" unless it is exclusively for infps only or for people who already know about MBTI. I mean, how many people would know about what "infp" means outside of those interested in MBTI? Also is it a website for only infps or a broader audience? If its for a broader audience (even for those who know about MBTI) I'm not so sure naming it "two infps" is the most welcoming to other MBTI types. Of course, infps are known for being more perceptive than other types in romantic matters so that could be a good reason to call it "two infps." I don't know what the solution is, just something to think about.

Hey, am I an asshole for giving some constructive criticism? Should I only just of given praise and kept my mouth shut? I just think the website could be a lot better if those points were clarified. If I'm thinking these things and I know (well though PerC) you two then I'm sure there must be others who will be thinking these things who don't know you two. I mean, if I were doing a website like this, I would want someone to give honest constructive criticism.
Thanks OrangeSoda! Honestly, what you mentioned about a lot of dreams not being made into reality is part of what makes this feel like such a huge accomplishment. Of course, we'll be changing things around in the future, as well as adding lots of new stuff, so we definitely appreciate the constructive criticism as well. We're pretty healthy individuals, and we're wanting to later develop this into an even bigger thing, so we can take it ;)

Our site is about giving legitimate, good relationship advice to help others experience easier love lives. Our tagline, which is on the home page just below the slider, is "Relationships made easy". Did you perhaps miss it because it isn't prominent enough? If so we'll definitely have to fix that. We really appreciate knowing there is some lack of clarity throughout the site as well, we'll have to go through and make sure our central message is clearer.

Yeah, we've thought about the name Two INFPs having an effect on people who don't know what MBTI is. However, there are many quite popular blogs that don't automatically convey what the site is about, such as rowdykittens.com. For those who don't know what INFPs are, we figured it would evoke enough curiosity to be checked out, and that has actually been the case; in exchanging emails with relationships experts about providing us a quote to use for our site, the question "What does 'Two INFPs' mean?" was asked most often (and "How long does it need to be" was only second :p)

As for people who are other MBTI types possibly scoffing, well, that's kind of typist of them. Our aim is not to win over people who wouldn't give it a chance anyway, but to provide intelligent, thorough, actionable advice for anyone willing to read--especially those actively seeking relationship help.

Plus, we tried to come up with domain names and couldn't think of anything that didn't sound corny or bland. We already had the twoinfps.com domain, which really resonates with us (since finding out about ourselves was completely life-changing)...so, we just switched it from a personal blog to a site geared toward helping make others' love lives easier. We've been there and felt the pain of being with someone who just isn't good for us, and we just really want to spread the word that it isn't hopeless & that people can absolutely find someone incredible for them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks OrangeSoda! Honestly, what you mentioned about a lot of dreams not being made into reality is part of what makes this feel like such a huge accomplishment. Of course, we'll be changing things around in the future, as well as adding lots of new stuff, so we definitely appreciate the constructive criticism as well. We're pretty healthy individuals, and we're wanting to later develop this into an even bigger thing, so we can take it ;)

Our site is about giving legitimate, good relationship advice to help others experience easier love lives. Our tagline, which is on the home page just below the slider, is "Relationships made easy". Did you perhaps miss it because it isn't prominent enough? If so we'll definitely have to fix that. We really appreciate knowing there is some lack of clarity throughout the site as well, we'll have to go through and make sure our central message is clearer.

Yeah, we've thought about the name Two INFPs having an effect on people who don't know what MBTI is. However, there are many quite popular blogs that don't automatically convey what the site is about, such as rowdykittens.com. For those who don't know what INFPs are, we figured it would evoke enough curiosity to be checked out, and that has actually been the case; in exchanging emails with relationships experts about providing us a quote to use for our site, the question "What does 'Two INFPs' mean?" was asked most often (and "How long does it need to be" was only second :p)

As for people who are other MBTI types possibly scoffing, well, that's kind of typist of them. Our aim is not to win over people who wouldn't give it a chance anyway, but to provide intelligent, thorough, actionable advice for anyone willing to read--especially those actively seeking relationship help.

Plus, we tried to come up with domain names and couldn't think of anything that didn't sound corny or bland. We already had the twoinfps.com domain, which really resonates with us (since finding out about ourselves was completely life-changing)...so, we just switched it from a personal blog to a site geared toward helping make others' love lives easier. We've been there and felt the pain of being with someone who just isn't good for us, and we just really want to spread the word that it isn't hopeless & that people can absolutely find someone incredible for them.
Ah ok. I actually did notice the "relationships made easy" tagline I was just unsure how it related to the site. Maybe putting it closer to the site name/logo would make it clearer?

In any case, congrats for getting it together and not succumbing to the negatives Perfectionism and Procrastination that come with being a "P". Can't wait to see how it develops! Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ah ok. I actually did notice the "relationships made easy" tagline I was just unsure how it related to the site. Maybe putting it closer to the site name/logo would make it clearer?

In any case, congrats for getting it together and not succumbing to the negatives Perfectionism and Procrastination that come with being a "P". Can't wait to see how it develops! Good luck with everything!
Thanks haha..when you're a P, it helps to REALLY want something in order to get it done :p And thanks for the tips, too, we'll definitely work on making our core message clearer in the coming weeks :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
-----Actually, the two of you are like a double rainbow, aren't you?
-----I'm so happy for you. May you forever spin together in poetic dreams.
-----And by the way, fantastic site--at the top of my reading list *winks*.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
-----Actually, the two of you are like a double rainbow, aren't you?
-----I'm so happy for you. May you forever spin together in poetic dreams.
-----And by the way, fantastic site--at the top of my reading list *winks*.
Thank you Geoffrey!! That means a lot :happy:

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
Congrats on launching the site (and of course the ongoing relationship). Interesting concept, and the site has the right basic look and feel for an relationship advice website. I agree its purpose seems murky at first glance. The scrolling info is competing with "relationships made easy." The latter probably should be in a stronger color, but I think text itself and placement likely need adjustment. Also, when you're ready, I suggest promoting the site in MBTI-related parts of YouTube.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the open and constructive criticism guys :) Please don't worry about hurting our feelings: when it comes to things like this, I prefer very direct communication about issues and I would much rather know about what we need to do to make a better user experience. This is going to be a business for us and the last thing I want is people coming by to be confused.

With that said, I'm not totally sure what to do without upsetting the design too much. I'll probably make the font bigger for the tag line and maybe make the first slide always be a short thing about the site and what we do. Do you think this would be enough at first glance to clarify the point of the site's existence?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts