Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(I'm not an actual viking. Sorry to disappoint y'all.)

Greetings, members, old and new.
I'm here at last, to meet all of you.
Though not in person, a meeting nonetheless,
Although my real self you can only guess.

I am Redthir Jerdisheim. You've probably grasped that by looking to the left; an un-necessary road-crossing requirement in my home country. I am British: half-Israeli, in fact, but I identify myself as a Pure Brit. Cloudcuckooland seems like a possible birthplace as well, though.

My real name is Ben Fieldhouse. I'm 19 years of age, and I've become a typology enthusiast. I've gone on to using typology to try and devise a Top Trumps-style game based off of it - read about it here (I'm always trying to gain recognition for my idea): http://personalitycafe.com/entertainment-plaza/157387-istj-mbti-variant-top-trumps.html. I'm trying to discover my type, although thus far I am unsure on it. Putting all matters aside, I'm a secondary school student headed back for one further year; and once that's over I may begin a music tech course in college, which I am greatly interested in. I'd love to set up sound for live gigs, on the basis that it seems like a fun career (I'm imagining myself sitting down in some place and hearing the gig, thinking "And all of this was at my command!") and I'm good at spotting differences when the same song plays on a different system - seemingly a very important skill. Unfortunately, circumstance has me in no position to begin the music tech course in September, so I shall wait another year, in the process completing A-Level Psychology.

I like fantasy. Largely my own fantastical worlds. I could dream. And never return. Then again, dreams are random and inconsistent with real life. But they're hypothetical. The most fantastical creations have the possibility to appear in dreams. A road that has no existence in real life can lead to a place that I have walked many times before. I guess it's like a screwed-up, nonsensical version of our world. And I like it. Ramblings aside, I use my love of fantasy to create many stories and song lyrics. I'd love to have some success as a writer; who's to know whether or not I will?

I have Asperger's Syndrome as well. I used to think I knew how it manifested in me, but it seems to manifest very inconsistently in different people; so I'm not wholely sure of its effects. When I was younger, I had an extreme penchant for remembering long lists of names (Pokemon Gen 1 and 101 Native American tribes come to mind, the latter being something that didn't even interest me), although I only remembered them if they interested me. I used to know the title of pretty much any song I knew; now it interests me less and less to do so. I prode myself on my mathematical skills from a younger age and my unrivalled spelling abilities - in year 3, I scored 13.7 as my age on a spelling test. I also became very prone to obsessions, which randomly came and went. They usually don't change until something else begins to interest me, at which point my old obsession is rapidly discarded.

And now, I'm completely different (or am I? I'm probably not, seeing that completely different means nothing is the same at all. I am still in the body that my old self was in). I'm a fantastical person who does Brian Blessed impressions, sings from the top of mountains and then comes home to his world of imagination, ideas and introspection. And may or may not do all of those things in the same day. Currently, I'm sitting at home alone on my laptop, thinking about every possibility that may occur after I post this thread. Hypothetical scenarios are well and truly enjoyable.

Lastly, I suppose you're wondering why I use the name "Redthir Jerdisheim." He's my Viking alter-ego. I've always liked the idea of being a Viking; I'd certainly like to confront some of today's Vogons as one. Maybe deep down I had thought this ever since I created him in 2009.

Well, I realize that I've left a puzzle. You can fill in the gaps. I'd love to see interpretations in fiction and see just how well do they actually resemble me.

You'll get to know me better at some stage. I'm no good at speaking via a computer. Face to face, or even in a conversation one can pick up on whether another is interested in a conversational topic or if I'm going off on an awkward tangent. On forums, this is very tricky indeed. It's quite a skill, I would say. Putting all matters aside, I welcome my greeters with open arms! Step forward, typologists and folk of the white flag of PerC!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Redthir Jerdisheim and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Redthir Jerdisheim. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)
Liar. :p And robot dog is awesome. I'd love to have a dog like that.

Also, if you are a robot, do you know how you came into existence or is such not part of your programming? Or were you created by robots? Or are you simply a non man-made breed that bears a resemblance to robots? If you are man-made, your maker was clearly an extremely skilled programmer.

Oh, and nice dance moves! Your ability to bend your legs whilst effortlessly sliding your body is something that most people of my race could only dream of. And watching your body's colours change from silver to black is a rather aesthetically pleasing sight. Thank you, kind Mr CafeBot.

By the way, are you the horny robot that this forum speaks of?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts