Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Doesn't work on me. If I can't smell it I can't believe it. Worse part is farts won't discourage me at all.

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Registered
437 Posts
Uh I'd rather just say I'm not interested, I'm working out. Why lie because you are too lazy to just say no thanks?
Cause if I were that dude and the fart didn't bother me and then I realized she lied to get away from me I'd be ma...actually nah I wouldn't be mad. I think 'whew' dodged a bullet cause she's a B. :-3

·
Registered
29,063 Posts
Doesn't work on me. If I can't smell it I can't believe it. Worse part is farts won't discourage me at all.
This strategy could really backfire (hmm pun) if a guy happens to like that. I think this is a really dumb taboo. We all know that everybody poops. When I see people in denial and overly disgusted, it's like they are a 12 year-old trying to remain popular and normal. I never like someone is tries to be overly feminine or overly masculine, it doesn't seem like a real person to me.

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
This is just silly, all you really need is an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys that will allow you send smoke signals from wherever you are, informing a chain of guard towers to pass along your smoke message until it reaches your very own government conspiracy that would then initiate operation Rube G that will then go on to recreate an alien abduction scenario by sending scientists to time travel into the past to experiment on genetically altering newborns so that they grow up to become the classical grey aliens that will be raised to have their own religion that has your name coded into their holy text through combining the first letter of every page in their holy book.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I found saying "Sorry not interested I'm married." works pretty well.

And if it doesn't, putting in my ear buds and ignoring them does the trick.
What magical fairy tail land to you ladies making this claim live in?

I have guys follow me around until I’ve had to say “ You’re fucking annoying! I don’t like you go the fuck away!”And even that did not detere them.

Yes, I also tried ignoring them and being polite.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
The best tactic when they won't leave you alone after rejection is to tell them you have a boyfriend or husband. When they don't listen to your no, for some reason they listen to the fact that you "belong" to another dude. It's fascinating how the psychology of some people work.
It's the easiest tactic and takes 15 seconds.
Going around provoking your own farts seems like a ton of work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why don't you tell us the answer since you made up the scenario of being too lazy to say "no thanks"? That wasn't in the article.
Lazy, juvenile,stupid, just felt like lying. Sorry the reason was too specific for you and you couldn't guess or infer from the question mark that I wasn't making a statement of fact. Either way she couldn't be bothered to just say 'nope.' Sure it'd be different if he was bugging her more than once but just showing mild interest? Lol some girls need to just stop. If a guy is bugging me I just let him know, unless I'm afraid. She's 21, not 15 I'm sure she can use her big girl words. (Granted she wasn't afraid, which is doubtful.)

·
Registered
437 Posts
What magical fairy tail land to you ladies making this claim live in?

I have guys follow me around until I’ve had to say “ You’re fucking annoying! I don’t like you go the fuck away!”And even that did not detere them.

Yes, I also tried ignoring them and being polite.
Sounds like stalkers I have had...not trying to scare you in any way but are you sure their random? I made that mistake before and it put me in a bad situation.
This seems extreme but the 3rd time I say no I let them know I'll be reporting them, usually they back off. If not I literally go to the front desk or wherever I am and literally report them. Usually after that they think I'm a B so they leave me be. Gets trickier in places like the train tho.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Sounds like stalkers I have had...not trying to scare you in any way but are you sure their random? I made that mistake before and it put me in a bad situation.
This seems extreme but the 3rd time I say no I let them know I'll be reporting them, usually they back off. If not I literally go to the front desk or wherever I am and literally report them. Usually after that they think I'm a B so they leave me be. Gets trickier in places like the train tho.
No, those weren’t stalkers. They didn’t bother me outside of school or work. They were quite pathetic really.

I have had actually stalkers though; seriously crazy shit. They hacked all my old E-mail accounts but didn’t delete anything, just pretended to me. Even went so far as to text my friends pretending to be me ( which never worked. Like the time he texted a friend a friend while I was with her.

I did call the cops on him but they just brushed me off as some overreacting teenage idiot. He even said “ Impersonation is not illegal.” Which, yes, it expressly is.

I don’t know why but no one ever takes me seriously when I report any illegal or dangerous behavior. I certainly don’t overreact. Maybe that’s the problem maybe that stereotype that all women overeact and freak out over everything-hence I’m not being serious if I’m not loosing my shit-is more prevelant than I thought.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
965 Posts
@Fumetsu That is an interesting dynamic. Because on one hand I think it is sad we are introducing a dynamic into society where girls/women have to make up excuses or lie to get guys to leave them alone. That we aren't just coaching young women to be assertive and directly say - "I'm working out right now and not really interested in talking. Thanks."

That said, your point is valid because we've all been in those circumstances you mention so it is very relevant you bring it up. I have no problem being direct and usually it works effectively and quickly, but I am an athletic, 5'10" woman. I also spend very little time waiting for it to work. If they don't take the hint, I move pretty quickly on to "At this point you are making me feel like I may need to ask an employee to intervene here so that I can work out without you interrupting me," or "Your texts are making me uncomfortable, and I feel like if this doesn't stop perhaps asking your parents how they deal with this behavior might be useful."

I don't know - it is such a world of extremes when dealing with unwanted behavior as a woman.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts