Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes (pretty often actually) I consider what a world and culture would look like that resembles my mind, not full of just things I enjoy or want around me but is actually a good representation of what it is like. It turns out to be really difficult for me but I was wondering...

Do you ever try to imagine a world that feels like your mind feels? A form that best resonates with all it is, especially its peculiarities or uniquenesses?

Do you think it's a useless activity?

Is this easy or hard for you?

What kind of people live in this world you imagine? How do they live? What is their relationship with nature and with each other? What is important in their culture? What kind of art do they create? What kind of environment do these people live in?

Do you think this kind of thinking is more likely for a different type?

I was watching some Star Trek Next Gen and thought that the "proto Vulcan" culture in Who Watches the Watchers? might not be that far off for me. The kind of place and people where I wouldn't be surprised to find myself kind of at home.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Each word is connected to another by a thread of thought. Ideas are interwoven in a chaotically organized web always trying to relate two indisctinct tangents to one another. Perhaps over time the web will collapse under it's own weight. Until then, more connections will be made and strengthened.

Culture? Values? People? Art? All the more ideas to ponder.

Hah, sorry, but this is the first thing that immediately comes to my head when thinking of a world to represent me......if nothing else, put your hand over the midwest USA on a map.....and you'll get me for the most part.

·
Banned
670 Posts
sometimes I wonder... What if the world had my type of music playing on the radio, and my styles, and my style of tv shows played on tv 24/7? Then i realize that if my style was everyone else's styles they probably wouldn't be my favorites anymore. I like to be different and do my own thing, and I like to wait for certain things such as good shows on tv. If everything was the way I liked it, what type of world would that be? I would end up being a totally different person with different a personality and preference for certain things. So I'm pretty happy with the way things are (although it's fun to speculate)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the reason I ask is that I often think of the things I say to myself as though a government were saying them, as though the sum of my mental experience were something like a society. The mind as a society is an analogy that has seemed to bear fruit in terms of interesting perspectives or ways of thinking about things, it's just not that clear how to use the analogy is all. If I say something it is like the state saying something, deciding, leading, and this makes some sense because my conscious intention or voice or directive is basically the unified face of this mind having integrated and weighed all lower inputs. This just happens all the time for us so we don't think too much about it unless there is internal conflict or uncertainty, and that's where I think the analogy becomes useful, because you think to yourself, what is a good way to lead or resolve this conflict and it is often a very good mirror of your own perspective on government. I think that is perfectly fascinating that you can gain some insight into the relationships people have internally with themselves simply by observing their relationship to society and government. It doesn't matter that in one side of the analogy the person is the part, and in the other, the unity, because these are reflections of each other.

But then you wonder ... granting that the constitution of the mind reflects social relationships externally, what exactly are the constituents internally that accomplish this? It's not a real society, there are no people or houses or roads, though, interestingly, the idea of infrastructure seems to almost make some sense. Culture ... seems to almost make some sense. But then what does it look like? And I think the more I think about it, all I end up with is just who *I* am. The internal culture is just my own sense of culture as anyone would see it just talking to me. All the creations internally are just *my* creations. This doesn't quite make sense within the analogy, which just seems to kind of break down stretched that far because this mind is WAY more integrated than even a tightly knit community. And that's fair, it's just, it's hard to feel like the usefulness of the analogy has been exhausted, and I think that's just because I don't really understand it.

It struck me as a bit of an imagination problem so I had thought INFPs in particular would picture something interesting. :) Thank you for your replies! I did not mean to be so vague. :p

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Pokemon world. Definitely.

Reactions: Crimson Ash

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, I consider my mind to be like a world in itself, but if they switched places in a sense, but retained the human life currently residing in the normal world. It would be rather chaotic. Especially if the mind was still affected by the thoughts you currently harbor at the time as well. The weather patterns would be so erratic, changing from flaming storms of fire to icy depths of depression in a matter of days. Humans probably couldn't adapt to such an extreme environment. But there would be some beautiful sides about an earth made from a human mind. Imagination would be limitless; dreams would become reality, a world to describe how vast the human mind really is.

As, for my mind, I think a lot of things will be put in reverse, not everything would be perfectly straight, maybe a little slanted. Maybe it might look like a clockwork gears, but turning in all different directions instead of one way, all together. The inhabitant's there might probably have two shadows going in different directions, but only one sun. The clouds go in all different directions and collide with each other, but I guess my mind is pretty attuned to nature. So I would imagine my mind filled with wild plants, that wouldn't have thrived with the pollution people pump into our ecosystems in this world. Nature wouldn’t be our enemy. That is probably the conclusion I made as to why my inner and outer world are constantly at war with each other, because they are so different from each other, they fight for dominance.

This was what I imagined when I retreated into my mind for further examination around what kind of world goes on inside the vast expanse of human feelings, emotions and ideas that occupy our head-space, no one can really tell what kind of world is in there. I’d imagine everyone’s would be different.

I’m glad you asked the INFP group this question, it is fascinating what really goes on in their minds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts