Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post what you think would happen if everyone in the world suddenly became an INTP. Film industry? Music industry? Social stigmas? What would happen to television? What kinds of technological leaps and bounds would be made, and how fast? Would we land on Mars and complete the "theory of everything" or would we just sit on our ass all day long thinking about stuff? Would everyone start getting out into the world more and becoming more social? Or would everyone just stay introvert and isolated from the millions, billions of other INTP's?

Would we really come out of our shells if the world accepted us?

·
Registered
646 Posts
It depends on various other factors outside our inner personality. If everyone strives to become the ideal INTP, we may not see a robust technology being produced and distributed to the masses.

All we "may" have are philosophical or scientific writings. Arts are possible. But technology? I doubt it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think the world would me a lot more rational.

There would be no particular pop music. Because everyone would be listening to everything (no miley cyrus and such)...

Our schools would be badass. There would be no ESFJ teachers. Only students and loads of books + wikipedia (which would be 100% correct because it wouldn't have those ignorant fools editing it)

Starcraft would be a international sport that would be much more appreciated then football.

And yea, I belive all of us would be much more outgoing and social, but that would only mean a constant philosophy/science conversation with eachother.

I think that those clubs for social gatherings of teenagers wouldn't even exist, at least not in the same shape or form.

Obviously there would be no wars because we would all soon realize there is no point in hating others because they have different cultures, color of skin, or religious system.

The streets would be full of man and women that would look totally different from eachother, because the 'normal' would be to be wierd. xD

Etc. etc.

In general I think this world would be a much cooler and safer place to live. Much more random (I don't think those emotional bafoons are random... Just plain dull and annoying) and full of awsomness.

Edit: Now imagine that 1% of the population are SJs, that would be a hell on earth for them xDDD

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Our schools would be badass. There would be no ESFJ teachers. Only students and loads of books + wikipedia (which would be 100% correct because it would have those ignorant fools editing it)
No ESFJ teachers? Huzzah!

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
If the world were suddenly full of INTP's, I think many of the world's major problems would perish over night.
Progress would come much slower, as INTP's would be largely procrastinate. Yet, eventually they'll get around to achieving some of the most interesting advancements, and societies will always be on the brink of progress, understanding, and wise enlightenment. Lawyers and the entire legal system (perhaps) could be null, as INTP's would largely find little reason to dispute anything with one another. Almost everywhere you go when you walk down a typical street, you'll find large, public areas (such as "intellectual cafes") full of INTP's sitting around arguing or discussing, as society would be a giant forum for intellectual discourse. On a practical level, it would seem daunting as to how everyone would actually sustain themselves, and this would seem to be the largest problem of an all-INTP world.

Yet, perhaps INTP's could collectively use their intellectual ingenuity to design a system (which may never actually be placed into effect) to make it so that each INTP would only have to work a very minimal amount of the time throughout the day, so that they can individually spend more time thinking and actually enjoying life, the way it ought to be. Every tree would have a hammock with some INTP resting beneath it, taking a giant load off a large percent of the day. Everyone would be relaxed and chill, with no real reasons for serious squabbles—just theoretical disagreements! And perhaps we'd still need judges for that. Easily, I can see INTP's inventing machines and artificial intelligences to do the work for them which would have been done by other types. In my opinion, the all-INTP society, under the right circumstances, would be ideal to what we have now.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
It depends on various other factors outside our inner personality. If everyone strives to become the ideal INTP, we may not see a robust technology being produced and distributed to the masses.

All we "may" have are philosophical or scientific writings. Arts are possible. But technology? I doubt it.
I think there would be enough INTP's inclined toward technology, even if this may be a fraction of the populace. Thus, society possibly would expand in many interesting ways, just not at as fast a pace as now.

·
Registered
649 Posts
If the world were suddenly full of INTP's, I think many of the world's major problems would perish over night.
Progress would come much slower, as INTP's would be largely procrastinate. Yet, eventually they'll get around to achieving some of the most interesting advancements, and societies will always be on the brink of progress, understanding, and wise enlightenment. Lawyers and the entire legal system (perhaps) could be null, as INTP's would largely find little reason to dispute anything with one another. Almost everywhere you go when you walk down a typical street, you'll find large, public areas (such as "intellectual cafes") full of INTP's sitting around arguing or discussing, as society would be a giant forum for intellectual discourse. On a practical level, it would seem daunting as to how everyone would actually sustain themselves, and this would seem to be the largest problem of an all-INTP world.

Yet, perhaps INTP's could collectively use their intellectual ingenuity to design a system (which may never actually be placed into effect) to make it so that each INTP would only have to work a very minimal amount of the time throughout the day, so that they can individually spend more time thinking and actually enjoying life, the way it ought to be. Every tree would have a hammock with some INTP resting beneath it, taking a giant load off a large percent of the day. Everyone would be relaxed and chill, with no real reasons for serious squabbles—just theoretical disagreements! And perhaps we'd still need judges for that. Easily, I can see INTP's inventing machines and artificial intelligences to do the work for them which would have been done by other types. In my opinion, the all-INTP society, under the right circumstances, would be ideal to what we have now.
Yeh, damn, INTP land would be like heaven. Everyone would be just chilled... living the simple life, no rush, just calm analysis of the world around us and respect for one another.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think there would be enough INTP's inclined toward technology, even if this may be a fraction of the populace. Thus, society possibly would expand in many interesting ways, just not at as fast a pace as now.
I was actually worried about who would do the dirty work. INTP could think about great technological advances.

Most of our modern technology are possible because of low-level workers, if we start from zero.
Currently, there are still lots of low level work that need to be done to achieve the robot utopia.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts