Personality Cafe banner

A young ENTP and a Juggling act.

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  skycloud86 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I'm a huge psychology fan first of all. Which brings me here. I put a lot of (Often too much) stock in Myers Briggs results. Socially I like to guess peoples types before they take the test then get them to take it. Which the more I do I get better at. But even so I'm just an amateur who learned all about the briggs.

I've got Adult ADHD (I'm almost 20 so I can start calling it Adult ADHD woohoo!) Although it's not as severe as a lot of cases I've seen it still affects me. But I take no medication for it as it's not a hindrance on my life. I even find it to be a welcome core to my personality at times. I'm also an ENTP which might even be a result of ADHD. Although this odd combination of trying to be impressive mixed with hyperactivity has given me a great learning curve on my current obsession.

Contact Juggling! Here's a video of me doing a few tricks I learned in a months time. It's a bit sloppy for a Juggling video but hey, I've only been at it a month (Well 2 months as of april 20th.) But Alas. I must have posted fifteen times to post any video. I'll be back to edit this post soon as I hit that though!

Fill me with your attention! I thrive on it. :p Nice to meet you all.

Edit: Oh look! I've reached fifteen posts! here you all are.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Just so you know though to my knowledge at least there has not been much correlation to Adult ADHD and Personality Types. So you said "I'm also an ENTP which might even be a result of ADHD." is not truthful in my opinion but it does raise my curiosity so if you find anything out about that feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Reactions: TickTalk
#3 ·
I was very careful in placing my might there. From the study I've done on adult ADHD and the study I've done on ENTPs there are some key things that I can't ignore. Like the quick think on your feet sort of thought process. Do I think on my feet well because of my ADHD (As opposed to having problems with executive functioning.)? If so does that attribute to my ENTP personality type? Hopping from subject to subject, often becoming bored with new endeavors as the possibilities with them die out. These are all ADHD and ENTP traits. So is one a result of the other? Or are they entirely separate? I'm probably going to start a thread in the ENTP forum raising the awareness of similarities between Adult ADHD and ENTP personality type. This could also relate to personalities being genetic (As ADHD is a genetic trait) But of course this is all just theory-crafting rather than study.

I've found there are too many similarities between ADHD and ENTP to ignore which is why I've posted that oh so careful might.

#4 ·
The core difference is that to be diagnosed with Adult ADHD is for it to be a condition where if does negatively affect life. Being a "hyper ENTP" is not something that should negatively affect your life. Similarities? Yes but the degree of how "hyper" one is defines the difference between being diagnosed with Adult ADHD or being an ENTP.

#5 ·
There are negative effects to it. But I still don't look at it as a hindrance. My view on it is that I like being overactive and jumping from topic to topic. I like how I juggle all my ideas (Even losing some along the way.) I've accepted these as core parts of myself. Rather than something that I should always be fighting to change. (Ok so I'm a bit lazy) However right now I'm at work, but what am I doing? Hitting the forums! Every personality negatively affects life somehow. To make that generalization towards ADHD alone I think is a tad inaccurate. Although I agree with your point on it. But ENTP's Suffer from some of the same problems that people with ADHD suffer from as well. Inappropriateness is a great example. The same way that ENTP's forget themselves is very similar to kids with ADHD. I'm not saying that all ENTP's have ADHD I'm just saying the similarity isn't ignorable. If I could gather all the people with ADHD on this page and get them to take the briggs I'm willing to bet that a higher percentage will be ENTP. I just wish I had the means of going about doing that.

While I agree with the fact that how hyper one may be can be attributed to ADHD the ADD habits are none too scarce in the ENTP as well. Which is why I say that my type may be a result of ADHD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.