Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I express the amount of hopelessness that permeates around me?

Every day, I have to watch and listen to people needlessly suffering from things that have little to no lasting value. Perhaps it is presumptuous of me to project my values upon others, but it has become increasingly difficult to find anyone who sees things from a greater perspective that matches or challenges mine. I am still young and naive, but I have seen and experienced things that I would say legitimize my view on life.

In person, I am quiet but polite. This is largely due to the fact that most of the things people squabble about these days are non-issues to me; there simply isn't enough reason for me to discuss and be invested in these "problems." I am not antisocial, though. Humans are the most spectacular thing, and I want to have a deeper relationship with someone who loves others and understands our plight as much as I do. There is so much beauty in our being, and I want to pore over all the magnificence of life with someone who gets it.

I'm looking back at what I've written, and I know I sound like an arrogant smartass; at the same time, this is one of the most genuine things I've ever written. I am craving for a connection that I've never had, even when I've only been here for 18 short years.

If there is any other INFP or person who is even remotely intrigued by this post, please reply to this; I am dying to talk to anyone who understands at least a portion of my dilemma. I should have been writing an essay instead of this post... but that should say something about my priorities haha.

·
Registered
572 Posts
A good thing to hear that you see humans in a good light as I do. Our species isn't some "evil parasite on glorious innocent Earth" but, as you said, the most spectacular thing.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
429 Posts
Fellow INFP, may you find some value in spending time on PerC. You can hang around the INFP Forums but don't just restrict yourself there. I can absolutely relate to craving a connection, others not really understanding who you are. Talk about your hobbies and interests. How did you get into typology and how long have you been interested?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
A good thing to hear that you see humans in a good light as I do. Our species isn't some "evil parasite on glorious innocent Earth" but, as you said, the most spectacular thing.
HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR
KILL ALL OTHER ANIMALS, GAS THEM ALL

(yeah, yeah, I'm just kidding, just in case)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts